Game 61: 04/26/21 Lakers at Magic GAME THREAD

Game 61: 04/26/21 Lakers at Magic GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:00 am

(35-25) LAKERS AT MAGIC (18-42)

Monday, April 26, 2021, 4:00 PM PDT
Amway Center - Orlando, FL

Referees: Marc Davis (#8), Natalie Sago (#9), Robert Hussey (#85)

Replay Center: Matt Myers, Phenizee Ransom, Mousa Dagher, Evan Scott, Simone Jelks

Line: Mavericks -10.0
O/U: 209.5

National TV: NBA League Pass only
Local TV: Spectrum SportsNet

GAME PREVIEW: LAKERS AT MAGIC: Not a must-win, but close to it

by Christian Rivas, @RadRivas, silverscreenandroll.com

The NBA Playoffs start in less than a month and the Los Angeles Lakers are still in the process of figuring things out: with injuries, their team chemistry and their rotations. All the while, they’re to avoid falling into one of the dreaded play-in spots.

The Lakers lost some ground in the standings with back-to-back losses to the Dallas Mavericks, but they have a chance to bounce back against the Orlando Magic on Monday.

The Magic, who traded All-Star center Nikola Vucevic at the trade deadline, are in the midst of a five-game losing streak. The Lakers have a losing streak of their own going but, unlike the Mavericks, there isn’t a player on the Magic that can give them any real trouble. Sorry, Dwayne Bacon.

It’s hard to call any regular season game a must-win for the Lakers knowing that LeBron James will likely be back for the postseason and make all of the points about the team’s struggles moot, but there’s no denying that a loss to the Magic would put Los Angeles in a less-than-ideal situation when it comes to seeding.

There are three games separating the No. 5 seed Lakers from the No. 7 seed Portland Trail Blazers, but there are just 1.5 games separating the Lakers from the No. 6 seed Mavericks. Finishing at the No. 6 seed would almost guarantee that they play the Utah Jazz, LA Clippers or Phoenix Suns in the first round.

Again, it might not matter because of the talent of the Lakers’ superstar duo, but it’s better to be safe than sorry.

Notes and Updates

- LeBron James (right ankle sprain) and Jared Dudley (right MCL tear) are out.

- Dennis Schröder (left calf soreness) is questionable.

- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (right ankle sprain), Anthony Davis (right calf strain) and Marc Gasol (volar plate fracture, left pinkie finger) are probable.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/202 ... me-preview
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Re: Game 61: 04/26/21 Lakers at Magic GAME THREAD

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:26 am

I say we win this one. We still have been beating the bad teams without LeBron so I predict a win. I was watching a little bit of 1st Take earlier on ESPN and Stephen A Smith seems to think that LeBron will be back by early next week by what he has been hearing. That is great news. As of now if we finish 5th we would be playing the Nuggets in Round 1, if we finish 6th we would play the Clippers in Round 1 the way the standings are.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:55 am

Hey fellas, I've been rippin' and runnin' as they say - took a weekend in SoCal to celebrate a friend's birthday but *ugh* got to watch my Lakers and Dodgers lose on tv :anfinger: It's ok - baseball is just getting started and LeBron's return should (fingers crossed) be the straw that stirs our drink into the playoffs. This might be a 1988 kind of battle to defend our title - the West is stronger than last year and our blood is in their shark tank. Hopefully LeBron and AD can play like Magic, Worthy and Kareem and the rest of our squad can resemble Byron, Coop, A.C., Mychal and Kurt. It's great to be on top but it's a thrill to be thought of as underdogs as well. We have the hungriest champion since Kobe, MJ and Magic on our squad so nobody better count us out.
lakerevolution

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:51 pm

That German kid Schroëder is either trying to win a ring or get a nicer contract next year or probably both. I hope it's the both.

We are feared and highly praised. Like a God.
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:38 am

lakerevolution wrote:That German kid Schroëder is either trying to win a ring or get a nicer contract next year or probably both. I hope it's the both.

We need LeBron James back to calm things down. It's as simple as that. It's nice to see AD gradually coming along. He should be in mid-season form come playoff time.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:07 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:
lakerevolution wrote:That German kid Schroëder is either trying to win a ring or get a nicer contract next year or probably both. I hope it's the both.

We need LeBron James back to calm things down. It's as simple as that. It's nice to see AD gradually coming along. He should be in mid-season form come playoff time.

AD is already in form. Diffrent Strokes got posterized by a rookie. The Suns are practice season hot - CP3 had a career-defining game last night, lots of teams hitting their stride right now - Julius and DRose are getting Knicks fans hyped. But we are still the champs. It's gonna take a phenomenal effort from them or a big meltdown from us to give up this trophy. Stay thirsty my friends :cheers:
lakerevolution

Return to LakerTalk