Game 58: 04/19/21 Jazz at Lakers GAME THREAD

Game 58: 04/19/21 Jazz at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:55 am

(42-15) JAZZ AT LAKERS (35-22)

Monday, April 19, 2021, 7:00 PM PDT
Staples Center • Los Angeles, CA

Referees: Ed Malloy (#14), Gediminas Petraitis (#50), Ray Acosta (#54)

Replay Center: Bennie Adams, Marat Kogut, JT Orr, Jonathan Sterling

Line: Jazz -7.0
O/U: 214.5

National TV: ESPN
Local TV: Spectrum SportsNet

GAME PREVIEW: JAZZ AT LAKERS: Round 2 won't be easy

by Christian Rivas, @RadRivas, silverscreenandroll.com

The Los Angeles Lakers caught a break when they played the No. 1 seed Utah Jazz on Saturday because Quin Snyder decided to give Mike Conley, Derrick Favors and Rudy Gobert the night off. Donovan Mitchell was also sidelined with an ankle injury.

Mitchell will be inactive again when the Jazz play the Lakers again on Monday, but they’re expected to have all three of Conley, Favors and Gobert available. When you consider the fact that it took an extra quarter for the Lakers to win on Saturday, that’s notable!

That’s not to say the Lakers can’t win on Monday; they’re just going to be facing a much different team than they faced on Saturday. To be more specific, they’ll have a center above the height of 6’9 on their roster, and that center has won two Defensive Player of the Year awards.

If Anthony Davis was available, that wouldn’t be a huge issue, but he’s not going to be despite the fact that he was cleared to resume all basketball activities on Thursday. Davis averaged 29.7 points, 8.3 rebounds, 3 blocks and 2 steals per game against the Jazz last season. The Lakers are undefeated (3-0) against the Jazz when Davis plays.

Maybe next time, AD!

Notes and updates

- LeBron James (right ankle sprain), Anthony Davis (right calf strain) and Jared Dudley (right MCL tear) remain out for the Lakers.

- Andre Drummond (right big toe contusion), Marc Gasol (volar plate fracture, left pinkie finger), Markieff Morris (left ankle sprain) and Dennis SchrÖder (infection, right foot) are probable.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/202 ... udy-gobert
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Re: Game 58: 04/19/21 Jazz at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:12 pm

Those damn volar plates!
lakerevolution

Re: Game 58: 04/19/21 Jazz at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:13 pm

Who the FUCK ISN'T guarding Jordan Clarkson???

Drummond is the Bum-mond we knew he was, but he'll be a nice Dwight McGee for us and is better than Pau's brother.

We had a nice all-around night, but the Jizz are just too regular-season hot.

STEPH IS FUCKING INSAAAANE!!!!

Celtics suck. Like, for real.

Westbrook is HOF worthy.

Jokic is no joke.

The Suns are for real.

I say we sneak past Denver for the 4th seed and go from there. If we DO, we'll likely get Denver, then maybe the Suns before totally dominating either the Jazz or the Clippers (who am I fooling - the Clippers won't make it out of the second round :waaaaa: ) After that it's on God's good graces. Chick, Dr. Jerry and Sam, you're up.

Speaking of Chick I'll be paying my respects to Staples again this weekend :kingclaphands: :LOBtrophy: :pissedkobe:
lakerevolution

Return to LakerTalk