Game 54: 04/12/21 Lakers at Knickerbockers GAME THREAD

Game 54: 04/12/21 Lakers at Knickerbockers GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:27 am

(33-20) LAKERS AT KNICKERBOCKERS (27-27)

Monday, April 12, 2021, 4:30 PM PDT
Madison Square Garden, New York, NY

Referees: David Guthrie (#16), Brian Forte (#45), Leroy Richardson (#20)

Replay Center: Scott Twardoski, CJ Washington, Evan Scott, Simone Jelks

Line: Knicks -2.0
O/U: 206

National TV: NBA League Pass only
Local TV: Spectrum SportsNet

GAME PREVIEW: LAKERS AT KNICKERBOCKERS: This New York team plays defense!

by Christian Rivas, @radRivas, silverscreenandroll.com

Prior to last season, the last time the Los Angeles Lakers made the NBA Playoffs was in 2013, the same year the New York Knicks made their last playoff appearance. The following year, in 2014, the Lakers drafted Julius Randle, who’s now the face of the Knicks, with the No. 7 pick in the NBA Draft. Suffice to say, a lot can change in seven years.

Randle is hoping to lead the Knicks back to the playoffs this year, but they’ve struggled as of late. In their last 11 games, they’ve gone 5-6, which the same record the Lakers have had without LeBron James and Anthony Davis. Unfortunately for the Knicks, James nor Davis will be joining them later in the season thanks in no small part to the team’s owner James Dolan, who reportedly botched his meeting with James in 2010, and their former president of basketball operations Steve Mills, who reportedly decided not to trade for Davis in 2018 because he didn’t fit their “long-range plan.” So, thank you to the Knicks, I guess?

The Lakers took care of the tougher of the two New York teams on Saturday, when they beat the Brooklyn Nets, but the Knicks promise to offer more resistance on the defensive end on Monday than the Nets did on Saturday. In their first season under Tom Thibodeau, the Knicks rank fourth in the NBA in defensive rating, which puts them three spots below the No. 1-ranked Lakers but 21 spots ahead of the Nets. In other words, Drummond might not enjoy as much success in the post on Monday.

The Lakers should still feel confident, though. Even with a handful of names on the injury report, they have enough talent to beat the Knicks, who, despite being in the playoff picture, are a game below .500. Comparatively, the Lakers are 33-20. God bless the Eastern Conference.

Notes and Updates

- LeBron James (right ankle) and Anthony Davis (right calf) remain out for the Lakers, but the latest reports regarding their respective injuries suggest they could be back within the month.

- Frank Vogel is “hopeful” that Kyle Kuzma will be available for Monday’s game. Kuzma’s missed the last two games with a left calf strain.

- Marc Gasol (left hamstring soreness), Kyle Kuzma (left calf strain) and Wesley Matthews (right Achilles tendon tightness) are questionable.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/202 ... ve-matchup
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Re: Game 54: 04/12/21 Lakers at Knickerbockers GAME THREAD

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:46 pm

This was a toilet flusher lol. Oh well, next! I just can't wait to get healthy and the playoffs to start. This regular season has been a yawner. It only matters what we do in the postseason and we all know that :rthup: . I have been lucky enough in my lifetime to be a part of my favorite teams where it only matters what they do in the postseason. Lakers in the 80's with Magic and Kareem, Shaq and Kobe Lakers of 2000(1st title)-2004, Kobe and Pau's Lakers of 2009(1st title)-2013 until it caved in, LeBron's Lakers, Peyton's Colts from 2006(1st title)-2010, and Cubs from 2016(1st title)-now. I have been a spoiled fan but I deserve to be because I have loved all those teams for 4 decades and I am loyal toward them.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Re: Game 54: 04/12/21 Lakers at Knickerbockers GAME THREAD

Postby lakerevolution » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:14 am

We didn't get jack-diddly-squat from Drummond nor our bench . . probably still naively riding that high from the Brooklyn game. Oh well, it's a push. We can begin to see the return of the kings and our squad coming together with maybe 10-12 games to go before the playoffs. It's going to be a rough ride no matter which road gets chosen for us, but we have a trophy to defend and dad-gum-it we're the best in the business right now.
lakerevolution

Return to LakerTalk