Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:11 am

(32-2)Image at Image(8-27)

Tuesday, January 5, 2015, 7:30 PM PDT
Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA

Referees: Marc Davis, Brent Barnaky, Leon Wood

Line: Warriors -13

Image Image

GAME PREVIEW: WARRIORS AT LAKERS

Back in 1959-60, the Warriors were based in Philadelphia and the Lakers in Minneapolis.

This is only relevant Tuesday night since Draymond Green has a chance to eclipse a franchise record set from that season.

Green will seek an unprecedented fourth straight triple-double for the Golden State Warriors when they visit a Los Angeles Lakers team showing improvement without Kobe Bryant.

The game-changing forward had 13 points, 15 rebounds and 10 assists Monday in a 111-101 home victory over Charlotte. Green became the first player in franchise history to post three straight triple-doubles since Tom Gola in 1959-60 in Wilt Chamberlain's rookie season.

"He's playing at a very, very high level," reigning league MVP Stephen Curry said. "His consistency is just off the charts. ... It's amazing how he can impact the game."

Gola and Chamberlain are Hall of Famers. Golden State (32-2) looks like it has one player in Curry, who had 30 points after seeing only 14 minutes Saturday in an overtime win over Denver because he re-injured his left leg.

Curry showed no ill effects, draining a 3-pointer with 5:34 left for a 17-point lead that resulted in the 10th assist Green needed for his triple-double.

The last player with three straight triple-doubles was Oklahoma City's Russell Westbrook last season. Westbrook had four straight, becoming the first to do that since Michael Jordan had seven in a row in 1988-89.

Klay Thompson scored 30 on Monday and is averaging 31.3 in his last three games for the Warriors, who are 7-1 in the second half of back-to-back games.

Thompson's idol growing up in Los Angeles was Bryant, though the Lakers superstar is a shadow of his former self now. Bryant is the NBA's worst shooter overall (34.1 percent) and on 3-pointers (25.9)

He has missed the last two games with a sore right shoulder and is questionable.

What's not in question is that Los Angeles (8-27) is playing well without him. The Lakers hadn't posted consecutive wins all season until their current three-game run, with Lou Williams totaling 54 points in the last two games without Bryant.

Williams scored a season-high 30 and Larry Nance Jr. had 15 and 14 boards in Sunday's 97-77 rout of Phoenix.

"Our guys are playing with a lot of confidence, sharing the ball, playing together, competing and that's part of the process that we've been talking about," coach Byron Scott said.

The Lakers will test themselves against the league's best after getting crushed 111-77 at Golden State on Nov. 24. Bryant was 1 of 14 for four points, making 1 of 7 3-pointers as the Lakers shot a season-low 14.3 from long range and were outscored 56-32 in the paint.

"Who doesn't want to beat the best?" Nance said about Tuesday's game. "Who doesn't want to play the best and play your best against the best? No motivation needed when you're talking about the Golden State Warriors."

Scott is feuding with forward Julius Randle, who has gotten upset about being substituted.

"The bottom line is like I told him before, you gotta grow up," Scott said.

Golden State forward Harrison Barnes scored eight points Monday as he returned from a 16-game absence from a sprained left ankle.

The Warriors are 4-28 at Staples Center against the Lakers.

http://www.nba.com/games/20160105/GSWLAL/gameinfo.html
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Re: Gm 36: Warriors at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby Lakers4Life » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:36 pm

I'll be representing the 4-Peat tonight BABY!!! GEAUX LACQUERS!!! Da Warriors are going down!!!!
Lakers4Life

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:59 pm

Lakers4Life wrote:I'll be representing the 4-Peat tonight BABY!!! GEAUX LACQUERS!!! Da Warriors are going down!!!!

4Peat checking in! Hopefully for your sake Craig we give everyone a good showing.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby NuggetsCountry » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:03 pm

Fuckin' Kobe out again! dammit. He and KD out all the time are killing my FBB team!
Image :yeahthat:
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

{ IMAGES }: 7

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:27 pm

NuggetsCountry wrote:Fuckin' Kobe out again! dammit. He and KD out all the time are killing my FBB team!

Russell was just ruled out as well. So I lost him. Thank God I picked up Lou this week.
3Peatkb24

Postby Julius Russell » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:17 pm

They are just better
Julius Russell

Postby Julius Russell » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:07 am

Yikes
Julius Russell

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:53 am

"They've got a bunch of intelligent players, and the league right now as a whole is not a very intelligent league," Metta World Peace said. "They have a high IQ, and they capitalize on the lower IQs."

From 66-55 to 88-55 in 5 1/2 minutes? Yikes indeed. But without Kobe and D'Angelo it was a foregone.

Keep the rebuild train a' chuggin!
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:30 am

The 2 best bets of the season were the last 2 Lakers games. Extremely predictable outcomes.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby Lakers4Life » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:04 am

I was at the game last night and boy did it look bad. It was like Frosh/Soph vs Varsity

Klay Thompson makes his 3's so effortlessly. He makes them look as easy as layups. He was so smooth on his release he reminded me of one legendary Laker....Jamaal Wilkes. But instead of "the 20 foot layup" he's doing "25 foot layups".

ALL of their players are ALWAYS ready to shoot. It's like they don't even need to square up to the basket. How do you defend that?

Klay had a great shooting night. He was 'splashing" it from everywhere. But he finally missed a shot in the 3rd (and they were up big). You see him during a break right after that play simulating his form, repeating the motion and release on that shot that he had just missed. He had 36 points!! His team up by 30!! But he thinks that he should hit EVERY shot.

And Steph Curry is even better!!

Quick thoughts:

-The Lakers have nobody who can create their own shot.
-Randle holds the ball waaay too much. The ball dies when he gets it
-Larry Nance Jr is awesome!! He NEVER stops hustling!! Great hops!! And he can shoot. (The ball doesn't die in his hands like it does with sir Randle)
-Nick Young is horrible. He's on the team because he can shoot and score. But he looked painfully bad out there. He's not holding up his part of the bargain.
-We look like we have a bunch of players who don't fit together. No ball movement. Just a bunch of players who hold the ball too long.
-Jordan Clarkson & LNJ are our best players. The rest are role players. We need some star power.
-Hibbert is not good (sorry 3-peat)
-Why is Randle jacking up jumpers? He sucks at them?
--Lakers need to steal Harrison Barnes!! He looks great in person. He got game!!

Depressed Laker 4 Life fan out :-(
Lakers4Life

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:26 am

Thanks for the in person recap, Craig, but patience is still what is required and I am talking 3 year patience, not 3 game patience. Julius Randle is a ROOKIE and his talents will morph into a player more resembling Draymond Green than what we've been watching. Remember, with Larry Nance impressing, that has confused the young ROOKIE. Randle is loaded with talent and will learn the NBA game. The Randle you saw last night will look nothing like the 24 year old Randle you will see in 3 years, regardless of who he is playing for.

- Hibbert's an expiring salary STIFF.
- Clarkson continues to improve and there's still room for improvement, but I don't think his ceiling is anywhere near a player like Klay.
- D'Angelo Russell is quietly having a solid rookie season and will be a superb NBA player (look at Harden's rookie numbers).
- Young Anthony Brown actually has 3 and D rotation/role player potential.
- Lou Williams is a solid veteran at a reasonable price to have on the team the next 3 seasons.
- If someone wants Brandon Bass at the trade deadline (he has an ETO after this season), make them take the shitty Nick Young, too. A late second round pick in return will suffice just to get rid of Shitty P.

The Golden State Warriors have been building this team for several years and that is what it takes. They were 23-43 (lockout season) in Steph/Klay's first season in 2011-12 and then won 47 games the following season. We are in YEAR ONE of our rebuild that unfortunately is focused more on Kobe than the rebuild itself. Our rebuild will take longer than the Warriors (technically there was like a 40 year rebuild), but history has proven that good things happen to the Purple & Gold.

BE PATIENT! You chose the wrong game to go to.
KobeMVP888

Postby Julius Russell » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:50 pm

I'm not as down as Nick

Hibbert is more of a backup

Russell was missed in term of offense creation.

Ken is right. When these guys were rookies, we were beating them by 20+
Julius Russell

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:53 pm

Lakers4Life wrote:I was at the game last night and boy did it look bad. It was like Frosh/Soph vs Varsity

Klay Thompson makes his 3's so effortlessly. He makes them look as easy as layups. He was so smooth on his release he reminded me of one legendary Laker....Jamaal Wilkes. But instead of "the 20 foot layup" he's doing "25 foot layups".

ALL of their players are ALWAYS ready to shoot. It's like they don't even need to square up to the basket. How do you defend that?

Klay had a great shooting night. He was 'splashing" it from everywhere. But he finally missed a shot in the 3rd (and they were up big). You see him during a break right after that play simulating his form, repeating the motion and release on that shot that he had just missed. He had 36 points!! His team up by 30!! But he thinks that he should hit EVERY shot.

And Steph Curry is even better!!

Quick thoughts:

-The Lakers have nobody who can create their own shot.
-Randle holds the ball waaay too much. The ball dies when he gets it
-Larry Nance Jr is awesome!! He NEVER stops hustling!! Great hops!! And he can shoot. (The ball doesn't die in his hands like it does with sir Randle)
-Nick Young is horrible. He's on the team because he can shoot and score. But he looked painfully bad out there. He's not holding up his part of the bargain.
-We look like we have a bunch of players who don't fit together. No ball movement. Just a bunch of players who hold the ball too long.
-Jordan Clarkson & LNJ are our best players. The rest are role players. We need some star power.
-Hibbert is not good (sorry 3-peat)
-Why is Randle jacking up jumpers? He sucks at them?
--Lakers need to steal Harrison Barnes!! He looks great in person. He got game!!

Depressed Laker 4 Life fan out :-(

Yeah the Warriors are a special group. They play so well together and their ball movement and belief in one another is critical to their success. Curry and Thompson both are Great players and Green is all-around solid! Iggy is the ultimate Role player as well. Hibbert would be a solid backup IMO like Robert pointed out at a much cheaper price, he isn't the player he was in 2012-2014 but as a backup would be ok. Clarkson and Nance I believe are our 2 best players at this point. I am impressed with Nance. Hey we can always trade Russell and Randle for Cousins LOL, just kidding. Like Kenny said, you just picked the wrong game to go too Craig. You just never really know how we will play from night to night?? If anyone is a stiff it's Nick Young, the guy is just horrible!
3Peatkb24

Return to LakerTalk