Game 34: 02/26/21 Trail Blazers at Lakers GAME THREAD

Game 34: 02/26/21 Trail Blazers at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:40 am

(18-13) TRAIL BLAZERS AT LAKERS (22-11)

Friday, February 26, 2021, 7:00 PM PDT
Staples Center • Los Angeles, CA

Referees: Rodney Mott (#71), Tyler Ford (#39), Lauren Holtkamp (#7)

Replay Center: CJ Washington, Matt Myers, Mousa Dagher, Ashley Moyer-Gleich

Line: Lakers -5
O/U: 222

National TV: ESPN
Local TV: Spectrum SportsNet

GAME PREVIEW: TRAIL BLAZERS AT LAKERS: Help is (probably) on the way!

by Christian Rivas, @RadRivas, silverscreenandroll.com

For the last week, the Los Angeles Lakers haven’t had Dennis Schröder or Anthony Davis available to play. Schröder has been inactive due to contact tracing, and Davis has been sidelined with a calf strain and Achilles tendinosis.

With just Davis out of the lineup this season, the Lakers have gone 5-1. With Schröder and Davis out of the lineup, they’ve lost four consecutive games, which they haven’t done since Dec. 2020.

The good news for the Lakers is that they went on a nine-game winning streak after their four-game losing streak last season, so they’ve gone through something like this before and bounced back from it. The great news is that Schröder is expected to be available when they play the Portland Trail Blazers at the Moda Center on Friday. The team is listing him as probable.

In Schröder’s last appearance for the Lakers, he scored 24 points on 9-15 shooting from the field and he stole the ball four times. The Lakers won that game 112-104 without Davis. They will still obviously be counting down the days until Davis can come back (and apparently Davis is too) but in the meantime, Schröder will be a big help, especially when it comes to on-ball shot creation and playmaking. With both Schröder and Davis out, the Lakers have struggled to get their offense going when the ball is isn’t in James’ hands. And even sometimes when it is.

Schröder will also help the Lakers’ defense despite his size for a point guard. He’s a good point-of-attack defender and has more foot speed than anyone on the roster. They’re going to be better if Schröder comes back. Now we just have to wait and hope he tests negative one more time.

Notes and updates

- Elsewhere on the injury report, LeBron James (left ankle sprain), Kyle Kuzma (back strain) and Markieff Morris (right ankle sprain) are all probable to play.

- Morris was candid when discussing the Lakers’ four-game losing streak, saying the team’s issues are “all mental” right now.

- And in case you missed it: Our own Harrison Faigen chatted with Davis over Zoom about a variety of topics on Thursday, including the Lakers’ play without him, his health and a whole lot more.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/202 ... der-return
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Re: Game 34: 02/26/21 Trail Blazers at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:44 pm

I am off tonight and will watch this game so I will be here off and on. Drinking a beer now. Tough game ahead, hopefully we can end this losing streak.

Off topic but I was just thinking about everyone in here a lot. Meeting Ken back in 2016 here in Indy and drinking some beers with him at a local pub and him stepping up when I told him about my recent accident. Ken is like a big brother to me. That means a lot to me. Rev was the first person I ever chatted with that is a member here. That was back in 2010 right before I joined Hollinger's. Rev and I was like the Shaq/Kobe combo as in unstoppable giving the trolls the business back during the 2010 season playoffs. Celebrating the 2010 Championship with guys like Sam (TrueFan), Ken, Rev, Craig, Jesus, and Frank through chat are memories I will never forget. When it comes to Nuggs he created this site and I love him for it. I will still never forget our Fantasy League battle in 2016, we both had stack teams and our Win/Loss records were so great. I remember our Finals and I won by 1 turnover, everything was so even = points, rebounds, assists, FG%, FT%, etc.. Him and I would acquire players right at midnight lol trying to outdo one another. That was the best Fantasy Finals ever. Of course the Championship train = All Aboard, with comfortable coaches and seating with several big screen TV's set on the NBA Channel, NFL Channel, TNT, ESPN, ABC, and TNT. Vodka - Grey Goose and Absolute, Crown Royal, Beer - VooDoo Ranger which is 9.0 alcohol content, Starbucks Coffee (Verona), Aquafina bottled water, Orange Juice, Coke, Ice maker, Peperoni Pizza, Mash Potatoes and Gravy, Bratwursts with Mustard available, and of course Hot Wings with Barbecue sauce - all you can eat. Don't worry, plenty of paper towels, cups for food/drink and toilet paper/soap are available for our bathrooms. #17 going on #18, I bet Red is rolling over in his grave because we got #17 :waaaaa:
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:33 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:I am off tonight and will watch this game so I will be here off and on. Drinking a beer now. Tough game ahead, hopefully we can end this losing streak.

Off topic but I was just thinking about everyone in here a lot. Meeting Ken back in 2016 here in Indy and drinking some beers with him at a local pub and him stepping up when I told him about my recent accident. Ken is like a big brother to me. That means a lot to me. Rev was the first person I ever chatted with that is a member here. That was back in 2010 right before I joined Hollinger's. Rev and I was like the Shaq/Kobe combo as in unstoppable giving the trolls the business back during the 2010 season playoffs. Celebrating the 2010 Championship with guys like Sam (TrueFan), Ken, Rev, Craig, Jesus, and Frank through chat are memories I will never forget. When it comes to Nuggs he created this site and I love him for it. I will still never forget our Fantasy League battle in 2016, we both had stack teams and our Win/Loss records were so great. I remember our Finals and I won by 1 turnover, everything was so even = points, rebounds, assists, FG%, FT%, etc.. Him and I would acquire players right at midnight lol trying to outdo one another. That was the best Fantasy Finals ever. Of course the Championship train = All Aboard, with comfortable coaches and seating with several big screen TV's set on the NBA Channel, NFL Channel, TNT, ESPN, ABC, and TNT. Vodka - Grey Goose and Absolute, Crown Royal, Beer - VooDoo Ranger which is 9.0 alcohol content, Starbucks Coffee (Verona), Aquafina bottled water, Orange Juice, Coke, Ice maker, Peperoni Pizza, Mash Potatoes and Gravy, Bratwursts with Mustard available, and of course Hot Wings with Barbecue sauce - all you can eat. Don't worry, plenty of paper towels, cups for food/drink and toilet paper/soap are available for our bathrooms. #17 going on #18, I bet Red is rolling over in his grave because we got #17 :waaaaa:

That is what it took, good karma from my above post. The Championship train is back on its tracks. Lakers win, losing streak is over.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:58 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:I am off tonight and will watch this game so I will be here off and on. Drinking a beer now. Tough game ahead, hopefully we can end this losing streak.

Ha ha great post 3Peat. While I often wish we had more of the old crew in here commenting, I can only think that to them, winning was everything and losing was too much to handle. I suppose being a Lakers fan is comprised mostly off of living through all the championship glory and ignoring the down years, but can anyone truly call themselves a fan of the team if they haven't had to struggle emotionally with the pitfalls and hardships? I couldn't imagine being a Pacers or Hawks fan, enduring season after season of mediocrity and only dreaming of a championship. It highly depends on the city/state where you grew up and live, or sometimes the fanhood you developed as a youth despite the team being in another region. Whatever the case, we can at least be sure that we are true fans of the franchise and will always be here to support, critique and enjoy all the entertainment this sport provides. Whiskey, beer and chicken wings all 'round!
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:40 am

lakerevolution wrote:

Ha ha great post 3Peat. While I often wish we had more of the old crew in here commenting, I can only think that to them, winning was everything and losing was too much to handle. I suppose being a Lakers fan is comprised mostly off of living through all the championship glory and ignoring the down years, but can anyone truly call themselves a fan of the team if they haven't had to struggle emotionally with the pitfalls and hardships? I couldn't imagine being a Pacers or Hawks fan, enduring season after season of mediocrity and only dreaming of a championship. It highly depends on the city/state where you grew up and live, or sometimes the fanhood you developed as a youth despite the team being in another region. Whatever the case, we can at least be sure that we are true fans of the franchise and will always be here to support, critique and enjoy all the entertainment this sport provides. Whiskey, beer and chicken wings all 'round!

There are a few of us that are fans no matter what, we stand the test of time = You (Rev), Ken, Craig, Jesus, and Nuggs. I will take the 6th man roll :roflmao: as in the Michael Cooper roll :rthup: . I really thought of a lot of Frank as well. I have talked to Frank on the phone but that was like 6 or 7 years ago. He and Ken are the only 2 I have actually talked too and I met Ken in person. Some of us are just TrueFans like Sam was and tolerate the lean years because we have had so many great years. I have to admit from 2014-2019 being a Lakers fan wasn't fun but I always looked back at the Championships we won in the 80's and with Kobe. Take the great with the bad I say. You brought up a solid point, being a Pacers fan around here as been frustrating for people. They have had some really good teams but no Championships to show for it. All those Reggie Miller teams that were very good but never finished, same for the Paul George teams in 2013 and 2014. The Lakers may have some down years but always find a way to get back on top. I guess I chose the right team growing up as a young kid to root for.
3Peatkb24

Return to LakerTalk