Game 33: 2/24/21 Lakers at Jazz GAME THREAD

Game 33: 2/24/21 Lakers at Jazz GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:15 pm

(22-10) LAKERS AT JAZZ (25-6)

Wednesday, February 24, 2021, 7:00 PM PDT
Vivint Smart Home Arena - Salt Lake City, UT

Referees: Rodney Mott (#71), Tyler Ford (#39), Brandon Adair (#67)

Replay Center: Eric Lewis, Josh Tiven, CJ Washington, Nate Green

Line: Jazz -9
O/U: 218.5

National TV: ESPN
Local TV: Spectrum Sportsnet

GAME PREVIEW: LAKERS AT JAZZ: HEY, IT'S POSSIBLE!

by Christian Rivas, @RadRivas, silverscreenandroll.com

With five games remaining in the first half of the regular season, the Los Angeles Lakers are 22-10, which is good enough for the third-best record in both the Western Conference and the league as a whole. However, due to the fact that they’ve lost four out of their last five games, they’re closer to the No. 4 seed Phoenix Suns than they are the No. 1 seed Utah Jazz.

The Lakers will have an opportunity to make up some ground in the standings when they play the Jazz on Wednesday, but they’ll have to do it without Anthony Davis and Dennis Schröder. Davis has been ruled out through the All-Star break due to a calf strain and re-aggravated Achilles tendinosis, and Schröder won’t be back with the team until Friday the earliest.

With just Davis out, the Lakers are 5-1 this season. With Schröder and Davis out, they’re 0-3 with their latest loss coming against the now 11-18 Washington Wizards on Monday. In their last five games, they’re 1-4.

It’s possible that the Lakers figure something out against the Jazz on Wednesday, but going into the game, they won’t be the favorites. The Jazz have lost just four of their last 25 games and they have’t lost a game Vivint Arena since Dec. 31. They’re really good, and there’s no reason to believe they’re going to slow down.

For those same reasons, though, it would be hilarious if the Lakers beat them without Davis and Schröder in the lineup. Either way, Lakers in four.

Notes and updates

Dennis Schröder (health and safety protocols) and Anthony Davis (right calf strain) will not be available for Wednesday’s contest.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/202 ... ce-matchup
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Re: Game 33: 2/24/21 Lakers at Jazz GAME THREAD

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:51 am

"It's not supposed to click right away," Morris said. "It's supposed to take time. It's supposed to challenge us. It's supposed to feel like our back is against the wall. And everybody needs that. It will bring out your true self when you got to fight when your back is against the wall when you lose a couple games. It will bring out your true self."

"We see the Jazz, we know they beat our ass tonight," he said. "But in the playoffs it's a different story."

STAT 'O THE NIGHT: Jared Dudley with a dominant 3 points, 4 rebounds and one assist in 14 clutch minutes off the bench!!! Told you this kid could play!! :waaaaa:

LeBron: 28 minutes. Vogel knows not to burn him out.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:44 am

I still can't see the Jazz winning it all. They are a jinxed franchise much like the Pacers (during the 90's, early 2000's with Reggie and Rik) and OKC (when they had Durant and Westbrook) are. A lot of very good teams but can never get over the hump. Small market teams typically don't. Jazz in 1997 and 1998 couldn't even win it with Stockton and Malone. In the end the Lakers if healthy will find a way to beat Utah during the playoffs as long as the Lakers are 100% healthy. We need AD to make it happen but he should be fine by April. I am not worried at all, I have seen this story before lol. In 2002, the Kings were new favorite flavor and we beat them and they even had HCA. I know different era's, different teams, but guess what? It will be the same ol story :waaaaa:
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:10 am

Practice season.

HAVING SAID THAT, man are the Jazz good and fun to watch!
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:41 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:Practice season.

HAVING SAID THAT, man are the Jazz good and fun to watch!

If the Lakers somehow don't win it all, I wouldn't mind seeing the Jazz win it all. They have never won it all is why. I like the players they have on their team and they have dedicated fans. I also have a huge respect for their franchise. They seem to always be good going way back to the Stockton/Malone days. Only reason why Stockton/Malone don't have a ring is because of Jordan. Pacers have zero chance of winning it all and when they traded Oladipo they mailed in the season. So regarding small market teams if the Lakers get eliminated for some silly reason I will pull for Utah. I still think AD will get healthy and we will repeat but you never know.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Return to LakerTalk