Game 26: 02/10/21 Thunder at Lakers GAME THREAD

Game 26: 02/10/21 Thunder at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:15 am

(10-13) THUNDER AT LAKERS (19-6)

Wednesday, February 10, 2021, 7:00 PM PDT
Staples Center • Los Angeles, CA

Referees: Kane Fitzgerald (#5), Scott Wall (#31), Matt Myers (#43)

Replay Center: Mark Lindsay, Phenizee Ransom, Leon Wood

Line: Lakers -11.5
O/U: 218

National TV: NBA League Pass only
Local TV: Spectrum SportsNet

GAME PREVIEW: THUNDER AT LAKERS

by Christian Rivas, @RadRivas, silverscreenandroll.com

On Sunday, when I wrote my game preview for the Lakers’ matchup with the Thunder on Monday, I pleaded that the game not go to double overtime like it did on Saturday. The headline was quite literally “Please Don’t Go To Double Overtime.”

Don’t get me wrong: Overtime games can be fun, but Saturday’s game wasn’t and I didn’t expect an overtime game against the Thunder — the team with the second-worst offense in the NBA — to be all that exciting either. I was right, and I only have myself to blame.

You see, on Sunday, I asked that the Lakers avoid double overtime. As it turns out, the basketball gods have a sense of humor, so they laughed at my request and said “sure, dummy, we won’t let this one go to double overtime, but we’ll make damn sure it goes to overtime.” And that’s exactly what they did.

So now, ahead of the Lakers’ third and final matchup with the Thunder of the season, I am politely requesting — nay, begging — that the game doesn’t go to overtime. To be more specific, I’d like the game to end in regulation. Call me old fashioned, but there’s something about four 12 minute quarters that just sits right with me.

That may be too big an ask for a team that might be without Anthony Davis and Alex Caruso again, but I thought I’d ask because, like LeBron James, I don’t think my heart can take another overtime game. I, too, am a #WashedKing.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/202 ... ng-lineups
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Re: Game 26: 02/10/21 Thunder at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:51 pm

Ha ha great intro and really how us entitled Laker fans feel. Win or lose, NO OVERTIMES! :waaaaa:

My prediction (again, always wrong):

Lakers 117
Thunder 105
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:55 pm

Talk about a practice season scrimmage! As the great srafrank would say: "yawn."
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:40 am

BIG NIGHT for Harrell! We still shot like assholes from downtown and we can see our weak links clearly, so good info for Vogel and staff. Health. Health. Health.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:00 am

lakerevolution wrote:Ha ha great intro and really how us entitled Laker fans feel. Win or lose, NO OVERTIMES! :waaaaa:

My prediction (again, always wrong):

Lakers 117
Thunder 105

LOL, Overtime again. We are the kings of OT. Another win, I will take it. 20-6 now on the season. I love the way Schroder has been playing for us this year :rthup:
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:57 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:LOL, Overtime again. We are the kings of OT. Another win, I will take it. 20-6 now on the season. I love the way Schroder has been playing for us this year :rthup:

These scrimmages and OT/close game practice sessions are great and everything, but these guys must get tired of playing down to their competition. Yes, Schroder is beginnging to blend well; he's like a better version of Ramon Sessions when we got him. He will never be a star in this league, but he defends his ass off and gets to the rack. It would be nice if he brought his 3pt% back to where it was last season and there's plenty of time for that. Harrell has that Kenneth Faried motor, but plays much bigger than Faried. He is even protecting the rim and added a mid-range game this season. Wes Matthews is not accustomed to picking splinters out of his ass, so he's going to give it his all whenever he is in there. Stiff Gasol is beginning to get comfortable, too. Had a good game. LeBron is LeBron. Overall though, we were asleep for a third game in a row and were forced to wake up. These lesser teams are simply going to treat the Lakers like it's Game 7 of the NBA Finals when they play us. Next!
KobeMVP888

Return to LakerTalk