Kobe Bryant and Gigi 1 year passing

Kobe Bryant and Gigi 1 year passing

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:10 am

On this date last year the great Kobe Bryant and his wonderful daughter Gigi passed away due to a tragic helicopter accident. God rest their souls. To me Kobe was the closest thing to Jordan as a basketball player but he was also a great man donating to charities, and a great father to his daughters. RIP my friend. We all love you.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Re: Kobe Bryant and Gigi 1 year passing

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:18 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:On this date last year the great Kobe Bryant and his wonderful daughter Gigi passed away due to a tragic helicopter accident. God rest their souls. To me Kobe was the closest thing to Jordan as a basketball player but he was also a great man donating to charities, and a great father to his daughters. RIP my friend. We all love you.

Well put, 3Peat. There are no more words from me. I am still devastated. Being at his Memorial Service at Staples Center last 2-24 before the lockdown was a true honor. There wasn't a dry eye in the arena. So sad.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:56 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:On this date last year the great Kobe Bryant and his wonderful daughter Gigi passed away due to a tragic helicopter accident. God rest their souls. To me Kobe was the closest thing to Jordan as a basketball player but he was also a great man donating to charities, and a great father to his daughters. RIP my friend. We all love you.

Well put, 3Peat. There are no more words from me. I am still devastated. Being at his Memorial Service at Staples Center last 2-24 before the lockdown was a true honor. There wasn't a dry house in the arena. So sad.

Yeah as a sports fan and a Lakers fan since 1977, this was devastating Brethren. I am still not over it and will never be. Tomorrow is promised to nobody. I wasn't going to share this but on December 30th on my into work I got hit by a drunk driver on the interstate going to work. She totaled my car so I have been dealing with both insurance companies (mine and hers), my insurance company did imburse me for my car because I had full coverage, so I was able to get another car. I am still trying to get my money back for what I was charged for the rental and pain and suffering. Her insurance company is cooperating so far, they are on record saying they take 100% liability because of what happened. I got a copy of the police report as well. She was charged with driving while intox and endangering a person. She rear ended me and knocked me across the interstate around 20 feet or so to the other shoulder, I had no control at that point. My car swung around in a circle 4 lanes. Had traffic been coming I would've been gone more than likely. I have had a stressful month dealing with the insurance companies, towing company, the medical part, and the BMV to make sure I am all good. She was 100% at fault. I am just glad I am still here but when I go to work now I am real jittery. I thought I was mentally strong but this woke me up and maybe I am not.

In hindsight I probably saved someone's life by her hitting me because she had to be going 90-100 MPH, I didn't even see it coming. I was going 60 and she caved in my whole trunk and knocked darn near knocked off a wheel. Where I was at had she kept driving like that she may have killed someone.
Last edited by 3Peatkb24 on Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:11 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:

Well put, 3Peat. There are no more words from me. I am still devastated. Being at his Memorial Service at Staples Center last 2-24 before the lockdown was a true honor. There wasn't a dry eye in the arena. So sad.

Yeah as a sports fan and a Lakers fan since 1977, this was devastating Brethren. I am still not over it and will never be. Tomorrow is promised to nobody. I wasn't going to share this but on December 30th on my into work I got hit by a drunk driving on the interstate going to work. She totaled my car so I have been dealing with both insurance companies (mine and hers), my insurance company did imburse me for my car because I had full coverage, so I was able to get another car. I am still trying to get my money back for what I was charged for the rental and pain and suffering. Her insurance company is cooperating so far, they are on record saying they take 100% liability because of what happened. I got a copy of the police report as well. She was charged with driving while intox and endangering a person. She rear ended me and knocked me across the interstate around 20 feet or so to the other shoulder, I had no control at that point. My car swung around in a circle 4 lanes. Had traffic been coming I would've been gone more than likely. I have had a stressful month dealing with the insurance companies, towing company, the medical part, and the BMV to make sure I am all good. She was 100% at fault. I am just glad I am still here but when I go to work now I am real jittery. I thought I was mentally strong but this woke me up and maybe I am not.

Mike, call me. Do NOT put yourself at the mercy of the insurance companies. 714-264-3823.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:33 am

Yikes, yes . . being in a bad car accident can frazzle your nerves for a long time. Just keep driving safely and keep your head on a swivel.

Watched ESPN all morning today, soaking up his memory. The top-24 Kobe moments was fantastic - number 22 was his dunk over Dwight :waaaaa: . Afterwards while being asked about it, Kobe said, "I baptized him . . I turned him into a defensive powerhouse." "lol4:
lakerevolution

Return to LakerTalk