Game 16: 01/21/21 Lakers at Bucks GAME THREAD

Game 16: 01/21/21 Lakers at Bucks GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:16 am

(11-4) LAKERS AT BUCKS (9-5)

Thursday, January 21, 2021, 4:30 PM PDT
Fiserv Forum - Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Referees: Scott Foster (#48), James Williams (#60), Eric Dalen (#37)

Replay Center: Kane Fitzgerald, Nate Green

Line: Bucks -1.5
O/U: 228.5

National TV: TNT
Local TV: Spectrum SportsNet

GAME PREVIEW: LAKERS AT BUCKS

by NBA.com

The Milwaukee Bucks and visiting Los Angeles Lakers will try to reignite winning streaks when they meet on Thursday night.

Both are coming off two-point losses on Monday night in which both teams missed 3-pointers at the buzzer.

The Lakers are set to open a seven-game road trip after falling 115-113 to the visiting Golden State Warriors, putting an end to their five-game winning streak.

LeBron James missed the last-second 3-pointer after the Lakers had blown a 14-point, fourth-quarter lead.

"I thought we came out with great energy, built up a big early lead, we just didn't sustain it," Lakers coach Frank Vogel said. "Just one of those lessons we can learn from."

The Bucks brought a four-game winning streak into their meeting at the Brooklyn Nets before Khris Middleton missed a triple at the buzzer and Milwaukee lost 125-123.

Milwaukee now must switch from guarding Nets stars Kevin Durant and James Harden to trying to slow James and Anthony Davis of the Lakers, who led Los Angeles to the NBA title in October.

"I think whenever you play the best teams in the league, you always learn more about yourself and I think we're constantly in that mode," Bucks coach Mike Budenholzer said. "We want to be tested, we want to test ourselves, we want to keep our high standards, our high expectations, and the best teams in the league do that to you."

Milwaukee's two-time MVP Giannis Antetokounmpo registered 34 points, 12 rebounds and seven assists in the loss to Brooklyn.

Despite the loss, Antetokounmpo is happy with the direction of the team.

"We're playing good basketball," he said. "We're playing together, we're competing hard, we're learning the game, we're learning the game plan. We're playing for one another, but we've got to keep getting better."

Neither the Lakers nor the Bucks have lost two games in a row this season.

Blowing a double-digit fourth-quarter lead was especially rare for James, who had never lost in the previous 283 NBA games in which he was in that situation, according to Stats LLC.

Look for Los Angeles to score more in transition after combining for just four fast-break points against the Warriors.

James said after the loss that the Lakers settled for a lot of jump shots in the fourth quarter, something he said contributed to the lack of transition baskets.

"Hopefully, our guys will learn that lesson from this game," Vogel said. "It wasn't all complacency."

Playing seven straight games away from home would usually test any team, but Davis said this season is a lot different for road teams.

"There's no fans, so the home crowd isn't there to get the home team amped up," he said. "There's no energy in the arena for the home team like there usually is."

Antetokounmpo said the Bucks must maintain the same mindset they had against the Nets.

"We have another tough one on Thursday," he said. "We've got to lock in and go out and compete, but we're on a good path right now, so we've got to stay on course, stay on this path and keep getting better. Hopefully, at the end of June, be playing our best basketball."

--Field Level Media

https://www.nba.com/game/lal-vs-mil-0022000226
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Re: Game 16: 01/21/21 Lakers at Bucks GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:18 am

Scott Foster. That's the post.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:56 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:Scott Foster. That's the post.

Yeah that isn't good. He is one of the worst out there :roflmao:
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:35 pm

MONSTER night from LeBron to show who's the real MVP!! AD had a great stat line as well, and KCP went off for 23. Harrell chipped in, but not much else from our bench, as all the Bucks' starters got to double-digits and out-rebounded AND assissted us. Three pointers were the key to this win, though - 51.4% for us to 32.1% for them. Close one.
lakerevolution

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:03 am

Dare I say KCP is our Coop right now? Schroeder our B. Scott? Montrez our Ramb/Worthy? You already know who LBJ and AD are in this scenario. The role of A.C. Green is up for either Caruso or Wes :waaaaa:
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:41 am

We are going to Repeat! As Sam used to say and Kenny says now this is the practice season. Man it feels great to be back like it was in 2010. When you have a top 5 player of all-time out of millions of players which LeBron is you can do anything. I created a new Mt Rushmore and added a face - I have my big 5 = Jordan, Magic, Kareem, LeBron, and my man Kobe.

Nice win last night, Bucks are a good team but don't have the 'IT' factor as a team.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:15 am

lakerevolution wrote:Dare I say KCP is our Coop right now? Schroeder our B. Scott? Montrez our Ramb/Worthy? You already know who LBJ and AD are in this scenario. The role of A.C. Green is up for either Caruso or Wes :waaaaa:

The GOAT @ACFresh21 is a WINNER! What an impactful role player at both ends of the court. His +/- numbers are no coincidence. Talk about a player whose true impact on the court doesn't show up in the box score.

Nice practice season scrimmage indeed! I remember how using that term got on the nerves of some of the he people who posted in Mark Medina's LA Times blog. They couldn't stand me over there, but that's because there were a bunch of hateful naysayer fans who gave Lakers Nation a bad name. Can you believe they were bitching, moaning and groaning about players on our CHAMPIONSHIP teams? :pullhair:
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:11 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
lakerevolution wrote:Dare I say KCP is our Coop right now? Schroeder our B. Scott? Montrez our Ramb/Worthy? You already know who LBJ and AD are in this scenario. The role of A.C. Green is up for either Caruso or Wes :waaaaa:

The GOAT @ACFresh21 is a WINNER! What an impactful role player at both ends of the court. His +/- numbers are no coincidence. Talk about a player whose true impact on the court doesn't show up in the box score.

Nice practice season scrimmage indeed! I remember how using that term got on the nerves of some of the he people who posted in Mark Medina's LA Times blog. They couldn't stand me over there, but that's because there were a bunch of hateful naysayer fans who gave Lakers Nation a bad name. Can you believe they were bitching, moaning and groaning about players on our CHAMPIONSHIP teams? :pullhair:

*special shout out to Marc Gasol who is clearly either our Kupchak, Madsen or Morrison :waaaaa:
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:26 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:

I remember when I joined Hollingers during the 2010 season and you and Sam were using that term, I thought it was funny to be honest. We probably had 20-25 great posters in there but a lot of others bitched and whined and we were winning almost every game :roflmao: . The way some of those posters put our players down made me do this :pissedkobe: . Ken, some just love to be negative. I will come up with a new train shortly with all the goodies on it for fun in a new topic :rthup:. The Repeat Train soon to a theater near you.
3Peatkb24

Return to LakerTalk