I always talk about greatest players ever, take 1 and who?

I always talk about greatest players ever, take 1 and who?

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:09 am

Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Kobe Bryant, LeBron James? or someone else?
Last edited by 3Peatkb24 on Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Re: I always talk about greatest players ever, take 1 and wh

Postby NuggetsCountry » Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:55 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Kobe Bryant, LeBron James? or someone else?

Greatest scorer, all-around w/ D KOBE

Greatest BB IQ and facilitator MAGIC

Greatest in their era: ELGIN & MJ

Greatest model for my patented hook: KAJ

Greatest rebounder: RODMAN

Best athlete: MJ & LeBron

Happy New Year you filthy animals! :WTFface:
Image :yeahthat:
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

{ IMAGES }: 7

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:16 am

NuggetsCountry wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Kobe Bryant, LeBron James? or someone else?

Greatest scorer, all-around w/ D KOBE

Greatest BB IQ and facilitator MAGIC

Greatest in their era: ELGIN & MJ

Greatest model for my patented hook: KAJ

Greatest rebounder: RODMAN

Best athlete: MJ & LeBron

Happy New Year you filthy animals! :WTFface:

Happy New Year to you too Nuggs. I pretty much agree with most of what you posted. I added the someone else part because of Wilt, Russell, and Elgin specifically, you can throw Shaq and Bird in that convo too. Rodman is best Rebounder I have ever seen as well, for 6'7 he would get 15 Rebounds a night like it was nothing. I still think Jordan is the best all-around player ever but Kobe is almost a clone of him, scary. Leadership wise and making his team better - Magic is unmatched.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:29 am

At this point, despite years of bashing him for this or for that, I gotta go with LeBron as the all-around best I've ever seen. His motor, his drive, his size in the paint, his finesse, his defense, his leadership and his heart have all evolved into a player who has been truly unguardable and unstoppable over a 7-game series, a season and a career. None of the greats we talk about have lasted this long at such a consistently high level and turned teams into champions the way LeBron has done. There will always be haters and knocks on him for what he hasn't done, but in the end - when NBA statistical history gets further and further away from the Jordan era - his career should be considered as the overall greatest the Association has ever seen.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:51 am

lakerevolution wrote:At this point, despite years of bashing him for this or for that, I gotta go with LeBron as the all-around best I've ever seen. His motor, his drive, his size in the paint, his finesse, his defense, his leadership and his heart have all evolved into a player who has been truly unguardable and unstoppable over a 7-game series, a season and a career. None of the greats we talk about have lasted this long at such a consistently high level and turned teams into champions the way LeBron has done. There will always be haters and knocks on him for what he hasn't done, but in the end - when NBA statistical history gets further and further away from the Jordan era - his career should be considered as the overall greatest the Association has ever seen.

He has Kareem/Kobe/Karl Malone type longevity, impressive to say the least.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:03 am

Let's face it, it's LeBron. Go all the way back to his fourth season in the NBA when he was 22 and led that shitty Cavaliers team past the Pistons to the NBA Finals where they got swept by the Spurs, but he was only 22. Granted, Kobe won his first at age 20, but he had Shaq and Phil. Fast forward to last season and he's still the best player in the game. That is just wild. He scores, dishes, eats glass and defends when he needs to still. Rings with three different franchises and head coaches, too. Not easy. Nine NBA Finals. Wild. He's just not that end of the game killer that Kobe and MJ were, but that's his only flaw, albeit a significant one. I concede. It's LeBron James. there has never been anyone like him.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:41 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:Let's face it, it's LeBron. Go all the way back to his fourth season in the NBA when he was 22 and led that shitty Cavaliers team past the Pistons to the NBA Finals where they got swept by the Spurs, but he was only 22. Granted, Kobe won his first at age 20, but he had Shaq and Phil. Fast forward to last season and he's still the best player in the game. That is just wild. He scores, dishes, eats glass and defends when he needs to still. Rings with three different franchises and head coaches, too. Not easy. Nine NBA Finals. Wild. He's just not that end of the game killer that Kobe and MJ were, but that's his only flaw, albeit a significant one. I concede. It's LeBron James. there has never been anyone like him.

The 1 football player I always compare LeBron too is Peyton Manning because he is the system and has won Titles with different teams. Both also instantly make teams a lot better no matter who they play for. Peyton is the only QB in NFL history to win a SB as a starter on 2 different teams, LeBron has won a Title with 3 different teams.
3Peatkb24

Return to LakerTalk