Countdown to 2021

Countdown to 2021

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:52 pm

So the CP3 and Demar DeRozan rumors are swirling. Give up Kuz and Green for either one? I get that Rob and Frank may be trying to improve on our already solid lineup - we just won a title, why shake things up - but the Warriors are returning to the mix and the Clippers, Jazz and Nuggets will no doubt be back with one more season of playoff experience under their belts.

Any thoughts?
lakerevolution

Re: Countdown to 2021

Postby Nycitylaker » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:16 pm

I like CP3 but the math is tough plus not sure we have enough of what Presti would take back beyond the dollars to match.
DeRozen is more realistic and I like it too. He could rest (load manage) LBJ plus be a reliable scorer though not from distance. If this trade has any legs there must be a shooter ready to sign since we'd lose 2 (unreliable) shooters in Kyle and Green
Nycitylaker

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:33 pm

Nycitylaker wrote:I like CP3 but the math is tough plus not sure we have enough of what Presti would take back beyond the dollars to match.
DeRozen is more realistic and I like it too. He could rest (load manage) LBJ plus be a reliable scorer though not from distance. If this trade has any legs there must be a shooter ready to sign since we'd lose 2 (unreliable) shooters in Kyle and Green

Unreliable . . but ringed-up and still hungry. DeRozan is a huge question mark for me. I'd like CP3 *shocking* over any of them but I think retaining our squad is the best move.
lakerevolution

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:02 pm

We lost Dwight and Danny gone. Dennis Schroeder, Wesley Matthews and possibly Montrezl Harrell?

I like what Rob is cookin!!
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:45 pm

lakerevolution wrote:We lost Dwight and Danny gone. Dennis Schroeder, Wesley Matthews and possibly Montrezl Harrell?

I like what Rob is cookin!!

Harrell is now a Laker per ESPN, great pickup.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby Lakers4Life » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:36 pm

Lakers were already a championship team, adding Wes Matthews, Hartrell & Schroeder is almost unfair. #Glad to be a Laker fan #Reloaded #Pelinski ain't playing
Lakers4Life

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:11 pm

Lakers4Life wrote:Lakers were already a championship team, adding Wes Matthews, Hartrell & Schroeder is almost unfair. #Glad to be a Laker fan #Reloaded #Pelinski ain't playing

A Craig sighting!! We're loving it right now - although these times are trying, we've seen Kersh pitch two solid WS games en route to his first MLB title, and LeBron finally come out West and take the Lakers from the cellar to champions. Dwight, Rondo and Cook are gone, but our GM has reconstructed a new, younger supporting cast that will undoubtedly be the favorites to win it again. Sad to see Klay suffer another season-ending injury . . I was really looking forward to battling the Warriors at full-strength without KD. The Clippers will still be a joke. Number #18 coming up strong!!
lakerevolution

Postby Lakers4Life » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:14 am

Dennis Schroeder > Rondo
Wes Matthews > Green
Montrezl > Dwight

And now we picked up Marc Gasol?

YEAH BABY!! YEAH!!! :xclaphands:
Lakers4Life

Postby Nycitylaker » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:18 pm

Looks like LBJ locked in for the next 3 years and rumor has it AD soon to follow with a 2+1. Which keeps us as contenders for the foreseeable future. Likely the Gianis talk should end for free agency next year? Unless there is a huge cap add on. Even a revisit to Kahwi isn't impossible. Meh.

Lastly, a quick shout out to Nuggs for setting me up with a new password. Was locked out and it was all taken care of by my OG brother. Thanks Nuggs! :xclaphands:
Nycitylaker

Postby lakerevolution » Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:18 am

Nycitylaker wrote:Looks like LBJ locked in for the next 3 years and rumor has it AD soon to follow with a 2+1. Which keeps us as contenders for the foreseeable future. Likely the Gianis talk should end for free agency next year? Unless there is a huge cap add on. Even a revisit to Kahwi isn't impossible. Meh.

Lastly, a quick shout out to Nuggs for setting me up with a new password. Was locked out and it was all taken care of by my OG brother. Thanks Nuggs! :xclaphands:

:standingO:
lakerevolution

Postby lakerevolution » Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:29 am

The NBA pre-season will tip-off Friday, Dec. 11 and conclude on Saturday, Dec. 19.

Each NBA team will play a minimum of two and a maximum of four games as part of the league’s 49-game preseason schedule. Every team will play at least one home game and one road game in the preseason. The national television schedule for preseason games will be announced at a later date.

The 2020-21 regular season will tip off on Tuesday, Dec. 22 and feature 72 games for each team. As previously announced, the regular-season schedule will be released in two segments. The schedule for the First Half of the season (Dec. 22, 2020 – March 4, 2021) has been released and the schedule for the Second Half of the season (March 11 – May 16, 2021) will be released during the latter part of the First Half portion of the schedule. The Second Half schedule will include the remainder of each team’s 72 games not scheduled in the First Half as well as any games postponed during the First Half that can reasonably be added to the Second Half schedule.

The Lakers beat the Clippers 87-81 on Friday and will play them again on Sunday 12/13 before playing @ the Phoenix Suns twice on Wednesday 12/16 and Friday 12/18 to wrap a very brief pre-season. The regular season opener on Tuesday12/22 will see the Lakers raise yet another banner in front of the Clippers, who continue to take up unwanted residence at Staples. :snapout:
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:06 am

lakerevolution wrote:The NBA pre-season will tip-off Friday, Dec. 11 and conclude on Saturday, Dec. 19.

Each NBA team will play a minimum of two and a maximum of four games as part of the league’s 49-game preseason schedule. Every team will play at least one home game and one road game in the preseason. The national television schedule for preseason games will be announced at a later date.

The 2020-21 regular season will tip off on Tuesday, Dec. 22 and feature 72 games for each team. As previously announced, the regular-season schedule will be released in two segments. The schedule for the First Half of the season (Dec. 22, 2020 – March 4, 2021) has been released and the schedule for the Second Half of the season (March 11 – May 16, 2021) will be released during the latter part of the First Half portion of the schedule. The Second Half schedule will include the remainder of each team’s 72 games not scheduled in the First Half as well as any games postponed during the First Half that can reasonably be added to the Second Half schedule.

The Lakers beat the Clippers 87-81 on Friday and will play them again on Sunday 12/13 before playing @ the Phoenix Suns twice on Wednesday 12/16 and Friday 12/18 to wrap a very brief pre-season. The regular season opener on Tuesday12/22 will see the Lakers raise yet another banner in front of the Clippers, who continue to take up unwanted residence at Staples. :snapout:

Clippers signed PG to an enormous contract, I have followed PG's whole career and don't think he will live up to that contract. He is a very good player but not great. I would say top 20 in the league (barely) but that doesn't win championships. When he played for the Pacers he was arguably top 10 in 2013 and 2014 but his ego got wider than the SF bridge after that. I honestly think he still isn't the same since he got injured back in the summer of 2014 as well. I can just tell by his aggressiveness at times going to the basket. He has shot a lot more from the outside since that injury, if he is hot it is all good but when he is cold he stinks lol.

No way the Clippers will beat us if we are 100% healthy, I see a repeat coming! Kawhi and PG are not enough. LeBron and AD offset that and are just a better tandem, then our coaching is superior as well. I am proud at the way Vogel coached us in the bubble, he made right move after right move :kingclaphands:
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:45 pm

Firing on ALL cylinders without Bron, AD or Caruso, we whipped their asses tonight! So good to beat the Clippers twice before the season even starts. We have nowhere to go but back to the Finals. The league is a mess and we are the best of the best.
lakerevolution

Return to LakerTalk