NBA Finals, Lakers vs Heat

NBA Finals, Lakers vs Heat

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:58 pm

What are your predictions? Who wins the series? Who wins Finals MVP? I say Lakers in 6 and LeBron wins Finals MVP.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Re: NBA Finals, Lakers vs Heat

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:04 pm

Congratulations to the Heat, they completely demoralized the Celtics. Kemba and Gordon = WAAAAY overpaid for very lackluster performances. The whole team seemed to be confused! Brad Stevens, you're on the Hot Seat! SPEAKING OF HOT SEAT -- DOC RIVERS OUT AS CLIPPERS COACH!! WOW!! What a completely useless run for him as the "other locker room's" coach!! Clippers will never amount to diddly-squat, no matter how much money Ballmer throws into them :waaaaa: .

Most are saying Lakers in 6, but after we dropped only one game to Portland, Houston and Denver, I don't see Miami beating us twice -- barring injuries. Denver almost got two, if AD's Kobe shot didn't fall . . but though Bam, Herro and Duncan Robinson can "Heat" up in spurts, my money is on our defense and incredible depth leaving it all out on the floor in this last Series for all the marbles and stifling Miami's strengths. Bam will be bothered all game long by Dwight, JaVale, LeBron, Caruso and Green, and without his energy in the paint and from the perimeter the rest of their squad simply can't deal with us.

Lakers in 5.

:pissedkobe: :LOBtrophy:
lakerevolution

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:40 pm

LeBron James wants to bring the Lakers another championship.

“This is what I came here for,” said James, whose memory doesn’t forget the slightest of slights. “I heard all the conversations and everything that was said about why did I decide to come to L.A – the reason I came to L.A., it was not about basketball.

“All those conversations, just naysayers and things of that nature. I understood that, with the season I had last year and my injury, it just gave them more sticks and more wood to throw in the fire to continue to say the things that they would say about me. But it never stopped my journey and never stopped my mindset and never stopped my goal.”
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:24 pm

lakerevolution wrote:LeBron James wants to bring the Lakers another championship.

“This is what I came here for,” said James, whose memory doesn’t forget the slightest of slights. “I heard all the conversations and everything that was said about why did I decide to come to L.A – the reason I came to L.A., it was not about basketball.

“All those conversations, just naysayers and things of that nature. I understood that, with the season I had last year and my injury, it just gave them more sticks and more wood to throw in the fire to continue to say the things that they would say about me. But it never stopped my journey and never stopped my mindset and never stopped my goal.”

LeBron is the most criticized player and most judged player I have ever seen in the history of basketball. He is misunderstood by a lot of people too IMO. I have even questioned him on certain topics and basketball wise have brought up his 3-6 Finals record. Bottom line, I truly believe LeBron is a good person and wants what is best for our country, he is also in my Mt Rushmore as far players go out of who I have seen play. That is going by 1977 to now.

I have:
Jordan, Magic, Kareem, LeBron as my 4. I love Kobe, Bird, and Shaq as player greatness but LeBron belongs in that IMO. We are going to tear Miami up, LeBron finally has the better team in the Finals. The only time he has had the better team where he lost was against the Mavs in 2011. Mavs played out of their ass that season though lol.
3Peatkb24

Postby Nycitylaker » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:57 pm

I’ll make it short. All the analytics have been analyticalized. Anywho. Lakers in 5. But I don’t care as long as we get #17 NOW in 4,5,6 or 7. LFGL! I got my cold brew and my Los Lakers jersey in honor of the two most Latino cities involved. Vamos Lakers!
Nycitylaker

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:11 pm

Nycitylaker wrote:I’ll make it short. All the analytics have been analyticalized. Anywho. Lakers in 5. But I don’t care as long as we get #17 NOW in 4,5,6 or 7. LFGL! I got my cold brew and my Los Lakers jersey in honor of the two most Latino cities involved. Vamos Lakers!

The way this is looking, it may be Lakers in 4 lol. This is a thrashing. #17 is 3 short wins a way. :kingclaphands:
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:48 am

LeBron James was dominant.
Anthony Davis was dominant.
Dwight Howard made Bam squeal in the second half.
KCP played great.
Finals Danny Green showed up.
Playoff Rondo showed up.
ACFresh Alex Caruso was his usual GOAT self.
Markieff and Kuz were solid.

Dare I say that the Heat don't have a chance in this series?

#17 comin' up strong!!! Sam is smiling right now.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:38 pm

A FUCKING 30-POINT TURNAROUND IN THE FIRST HALF??? I hate to see Miami suffer those injuries all in such strange ways in Game 1. . maybe it's psychological - after hammering past Milwaukee and Boston they may have just run out of gas. Looks like it might be time to break out the brooms :weakout: :LOBtrophy:
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:40 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:LeBron James was dominant.
Anthony Davis was dominant.
Dwight Howard made Bam squeal in the second half.
KCP played great.
Finals Danny Green showed up.
Playoff Rondo showed up.
ACFresh Alex Caruso was his usual GOAT self.
Markieff and Kuz were solid.

Dare I say that the Heat don't have a chance in this series?

#17 comin' up strong!!! Sam is smiling right now.

I had Lakers in 6, I am seeing sweep now with all the injuries they have. My hats off to LeBron as it appears he is going to get it done for us. That's what Magic brought him in for to win championships. The only blemish on LeBron's resume was his 3-6 Finals record, so this is big for his legacy. No doubt he belongs in the GOAT convo with Jordan, Magic, Kareem, and Kobe if anyone thought he didn't. He will have as many as Shaq has who also won 4 and more than Bird who won 3, that says a lot. Take care Brethren.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:41 am

When the Lakers win this Championship I don't think an * should be put by it. If that was the case I could put an * by every Championship the Celtics won from 1957-1965 because they only had to beat 2 teams to win it all in 1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965. 8 of the Celtics Championships won were simply easier to win than it would be in the era's since (1980-now). Not until the 1966 season, teams had to beat 3 teams to win it all. If anything this Championship the Lakers are about to win may be the hardest one in the history of the NBA because of the Covid and having no HCA. The Lakers 17 is much more impressive than the Celtics 17, I am just glad the Lakers are going to get #17 because I was sick of hearing 17-16 from Puke fans. I still think the best decade ever for basketball was the 80's, that decade had 4 stacked teams that could run over most teams today and the athletes to do so in the Lakers, Celtics, Sixers, and Pistons - the Bulls were up and coming as well. Jordan won League MVP in 1988 so they were coming. The 1986 Rockets with Akeem and Ralph would roll most teams today, they were just great that one year but they had a dominant front line.

My short rant for the day :rthup:
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:51 pm

"Prior winners of the award, which has been given out since 2009, are Frank Layden, Doug Moe, Al Attles, Hubie Brown, K.C. Jones, Jerry Sloan, Dick Motta, Bickerstaff, Bill Fitch, Pat Riley, Wilkens, Tex Winter, Jack Ramsay and Tommy Heinsohn.

"When you went over the list of those coaches that have gone on before and won this award, and knowing how great those coaches were," [Del] Harris said, "I coached against just about every one of them in that kind of golden era of the late '70s, the '80s and the early '90s of NBA basketball, when it really rose to what it has continued to become. Just the names of the men on the committee, again, I either coached against them as a coach or a player, in the case of Joe Dumars and some of the rest, and I regard them to be friends."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/300 ... award-nbca
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:38 pm

I just woke up, been sleeping because I have to be into work at 4am my time. I see that we won, just caught the highlights too. LeBron reminds me of Peyton Manning. What I mean by that is, he is like a coach out on the floor. He and Davis are a lethal tandem. Lakers lead series 2-0. Where is my broom at :waaaaa: Time to get some more sleep.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:01 pm

Methodical win. Our ne'er-do-wells KCP, Kuz and Green contributed their fair share, but still keep getting out-hustled by the energy of Caruso and Dwight. LeBron clocks Iggy in the mouth and does nothing to show remorse . . I think there's some animosity there from the Cavs/Warriors days, no :waaaaa: ??

What can you say about Unibrow? He was absolutely gold tonight - even Wade tweeted that AD is the best teammate LeBron has ever had. Miami was very, very scrappy tonight - my hat goes off to them. Olynyk, Dunn and the rest of the role players chipped in and at some points made a game out of this. I question Butler's focus, though -- if he's the "leader" of this team then he had better take more of a leading role. That being said, if I rolled my ankle the way he did in Game 1 (which I unfortunately have more than once :scream: ) I would not be out on a basketball court.

Is this really the FIRST time LeBron has been up 2-0 in all his Finals appearances? :cheers:

The Heat are overwhelmed :sos:
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:48 am

Lakers will become without a doubt the greatest basketball franchise ever when they win #17. Celtics have 17 as well but the tie breaker is, we have been to the Finals a lot more. Not even a debate IMO. I also put more stock in NBA Championships won since the 80's when the athlete's and teams have been much better. Since 1980, it will be Lakers 11 Celtics 4.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:48 pm

Kelly Olynyk rocking the Sasha "Machine" Vujacic spaghetti hairband :waaaaa:

Just cut your god damn hair ya hippie!!

Heat having their best half so far. We're not really clicking, probably because we feel like this series is ours. The second half will be ours.
lakerevolution

Next

Return to LakerTalk