This is a new playoff thread I created, Conference Finals

Re: This is a new playoff thread I created, Conference Final

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:04 pm

Nycitylaker wrote:Just caught the middle of 2nd quarter. Lakers seemed in control with Jokic and Murray in foul trouble but Nuggets were able to hang around. Not a good sign. LBJ doin LBJ things but need better defensive energy and certainly we can’t let “the others” hang with us when their big two are on the bench. 2nd half could prove how I am over reacting and Lakers are too much.......I hope.

FATALITY. :Nutskick:
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:25 pm

Lakers cruised in this one 126-114, AD with 37 and 10! 1-0 series lead, 7 more wins and we get #17 :kingclaphands:
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:35 pm

Lakers trail 103-102, only 2.1 seconds left so we have to get a shot off quickly. Pass to AD, he shoots a 3 and HITS he HITS, LAKERS WIN AT THE BUZZER UNBELIEEEEEEEEEEEEEVABLE! LAKERS WIN LAKERS WIN 105-103.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:14 pm

I love LeBron as a player, top 5 ever and I am rooting for him because I love the Lakers. I would love to have an interview with him because he seems to hate white people and will defend every black person no matter if they are a criminal. I wonder if someone white did something bad to him in his past? The last time I looked, the USA has made him rich. He comes off as being a great father to me but his distastes towards white people bothers me. Do the NBA, NFL, and MLB players realize they wouldn't have near the opportunities in another country or make near the money they make if they weren't in the USA. I am just turned off by BLM as well, I don't dislike it and I am ok with protesting but the looting and rioting has ruined many innocent business owners lively hoods. If a white cop shoots a black person, he is automatically looked at as an evil guy even the black guy has a gun and shoots first. Being a white guy I would turn my badge in tomorrow and take an early retirement because if you are white and in that profession, you are fucked. I work in security and when I have my uniform on out in public, minorities look at me funny. Just getting snacks or gas before I work a long shift. I am scared I might get shot and killed shot over some dumb shit because I look like a cop. I work near downtown Indy in a bad neighborhood and when I come to a stoplight I never pull up to a car equally. I am that cautious thinking some clown will pull out a gun and shoot me. As far as white privilege goes, that is bullshit because I work my ass off, LeBron was saying that Lori Laughlin getting to choose her prison was white privilege, that no blacks would be able to do that. That is complete bullshit too. There have been so many black athletes that have committed crimes and do no prison time. I bet if Denzel Washington did the same crime as Lori did, he would do 0 time so spare me the tears. Get a job, don't stay out late where cops can pull you over, and 99.9% of people will be fine. Hey LeBron what is your take on Jussie Smollett :waaaaa:, he's black so it doesn't matter lmao. My rant for the day. By the way All Lives Matter I will take that to my grave, end of story.
3Peatkb24

Postby Nycitylaker » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:07 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:I love LeBron as a player, top 5 ever and I am rooting for him because I love the Lakers. I would love to have an interview with him because he seems to hate white people and will defend every black person no matter if they are a criminal. I wonder if someone white did something bad to him in his past? The last time I looked, the USA has made him rich. He comes off as being a great father to me but his distastes towards white people bothers me. Do the NBA, NFL, and MLB players realize they wouldn't have near the opportunities in another country or make near the money they make if they weren't in the USA. I am just turned off by BLM as well, I don't dislike it and I am ok with protesting but the looting and rioting has ruined many innocent business owners lively hoods. If a white cop shoots a black person, he is automatically looked at as an evil guy even the black guy has a gun and shoots first. Being a white guy I would turn my badge in tomorrow and take an early retirement because if you are white and in that profession, you are fucked. I work in security and when I have my uniform on out in public, minorities look at me funny. Just getting snacks or gas before I work a long shift. I am scared I might get shot and killed shot over some dumb shit because I look like a cop. I work near downtown Indy in a bad neighborhood and when I come to a stoplight I never pull up to a car equally. I am that cautious thinking some clown will pull out a gun and shoot me. As far as white privilege goes, that is bullshit because I work my ass off, LeBron was saying that Lori Laughlin getting to choose her prison was white privilege, that no blacks would be able to do that. That is complete bullshit too. There have been so many black athletes that have committed crimes and do no prison time. I bet if Denzel Washington did the same crime as Lori did, he would do 0 time so spare me the tears. Get a job, don't stay out late where cops can pull you over, and 99.9% of people will be fine. Hey LeBron what is your take on Jussie Smollett :waaaaa:, he's black so it doesn't matter lmao. My rant for the day. By the way All Lives Matter I will take that to my grave, end of story.

Whoah 3peat unsure where this rant came from but I thought we agreed no politics, which this is no matter how you slice it. Let's break it down one sentence at a time:
1. The least political and an actual sports related statement. I don't root for the name, I'll root for the jersey. Having said that, Kobe and LeBron earned my respect and love for there game as they got older. Their commitment to the craft is historically obsessive and we reap the rewards as witnesses to greatness.
2. I NEVER had a sense that he hates white people. Maybe you can share a link that can shed light on that for me? As to defending "every black person no matter if they are a criminal" I plea ignorance to that sentiment as well. If you are suggesting he defends victims of police brutality who have a criminal record then I suggest the focus is pointing out the abuse of police towards the citizens they swore to "protect".
3.Statistically someone white DID something bad to him in the past. But also, he is black in a country (world) that systematically oppresses blacks more than any other "race".
4. Last time I looked HE made the rich MORE rich (see NBA owners).
5. Seems like a great dad. See above for take on his distaste for white people.
6. Bringing the USA opportunities as a narrative to not complain is the 'ol "shut up and dribble" take.
7.BLM isn't a perfect organization but the way it is dissected compared to others is another example of how they try to insert fear and muddy the waters to discredit and suppress the main message. The looting wasn't done by the BLM organization. It is done by those looking for opportunity to steal (criminals), be divisive (opponents of BLM and the message) and some in the communities who have played by the rules and are tired of being kicked down by the system. I personally say fuck the greedy corporate pigs but I empathize with the small business owners who are most impacted by the violence and property damage.
8. If the default reaction is to assume a cop shot an innocent (or unarmed) victim, it is because it happens so often now. Cops way too often shoot first ask questions last. Even white people are starting to fear cops. What does that tell ya?
9.I started to think you'd say you would turn your badge in because you would've seen all the corruption in that "profession" and would not want to be a part of it. Oh well.
10. Having read your posts historically I do believe you to be a good man. Honest with your thoughts on racism. So I dare say it is NOT your fault minorities look at you funny but rather the HISTORY and current daily events which a uniform and a badge too often ends in some sort of abuse by the person with the badge.
11. More people are scared of you because you look like a cop than you are of them.
12. Street awareness. Hopefully not racial.
13.White privilege exists whether you accept it or not. Even if unbeknownst to you about you. Hell, I am a brown Mexican who had to be taught by my own kids (and later intelligent friends the actually study the subject) how me being heterosexual male and even 6 foot tall has given me unearned privilege over gays, women and peeps just for being shorter than me. If I were a short Mexican with more indigenous esthetic I would possibly not have had the opportunities I came across in life. Laughlin and LeBron have their own type of privilege. LeBron being rich AF and Lori being rich and white AF.
14. Atheletes who do crime are often helped again by their financial status and I bet team owners put in a good word for their "asset" when he or she is important enough....to make the owner more money.
15. "Get a job" interesting time to say that during about 8-9% unemployment and the ones hiring want to pay below market generally. Don't stay out late assumes abuse happens at night when MOST of the viral videos are in broad daylight but forget that, aren't we supposed to be the land of the free? I. We should all feel safe from citizens AND COPS when we decide to go out at night.
16. Smollet and others like him are the favorites of the right to prove how racism doesn't exist. nah, Smollet is an idiot who felt privileged himself and thought he deserved the attention and finance he was seeking. Fuck him.
17. Until black lives matter as much as whites, then all lives matter is bs.
3peat, I write this respectfully and if any statement read as aggressive towards you, it was not my intent. All I wanted to do was help shed light on the issues you brought up. Knowing you are a good man. I frankly was a bit taken aback by your feelings on the matter but not surprised. To my black brothers and sisters, I don't assume to speak for you. I don't ever claim to walk in your shoes but I do wholeheartedly empathize with the degree with which this world mistreats people of color especially the black community. Apologies to all for broaching the topic on our Laker/sports page but felt compelled to respond.
3peat, if you wish to continue the convo, lets take it to a private message and I would be happy to oblige. I am neither black nor white and sometimes invisible but always present. :cheers:
Nycitylaker

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:04 am

Jesus no offense taken brethren. I can only go by what people say and their actions. When it comes to LeBron I said "he seems" like he hates white people, never said he did - big difference. I also just ask a question, I wonder if someone white has treated him badly? He also never brings up the crimes that are committed by black people and just supports BLM no matter the cause. To me BLM movement isn't just about the fight toward police brutality, there is more to it. If it was just about that, I would be 100% for it. I work around several black people at work and they don't even like the BLM movement for several reasons, that is coming from people of color. Do I believe there are bad white cops out there that kill or injure blacks because of the color of the skin, heck yes I do but also you have black people shooting at white cops as well, if that happens what should a cop do? Can't have it both ways is all I say.

Obviously you guys have known me for 10 years or so and know I am not a r.a.c.i.s.t - I don't see color but when a white guy like me speaks his mind like I just did then some will think I am which makes me lmao, I am not even a conservative. I am an independent more than anything. If I vote I will probably vote Biden because I am not even a fan who is in office now. I just wanted to make things clear. More than likely I won't even vote to be honest because I am not a fan of either person running. I voted for B.O. when he ran.

Just wanted to clear a few things up, sorry if I made this political as I know in the past Ken and Nuggs doesn't want political talk in here but it just blew my mind how LeBron got upset and made a big deal over the Lori thing. That to me was a bad look. It is what it is. Black Lives Matter obviously but All Lives Matter Jesus of all color/races that is the bottomline. I am at work right now and have had a really busy day. I don't call working for peanuts and 60 hours a week during a pandemic white privilege so people like me have a right to speak their mind, most middle class people don't have it, only rich people of any color has it. Money talks - see O.J. and many others. One last thing, I would never kneel for the anthem/flag either. That is my choice and if people don't like it, oh well. Drew Brees said that and got bashed which was wrong.

Take care Jesus, glad you are doing well, stay healthy as this Covid-19 virus is dangerous :cheers: Go Lakers, I am done talking politics. You can have the last word brethren.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:13 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:I love LeBron as a player, top 5 ever and I am rooting for him because I love the Lakers. I would love to have an interview with him because he seems to hate white people and will defend every black person no matter if they are a criminal. I wonder if someone white did something bad to him in his past? The last time I looked, the USA has made him rich. He comes off as being a great father to me but his distastes towards white people bothers me. Do the NBA, NFL, and MLB players realize they wouldn't have near the opportunities in another country or make near the money they make if they weren't in the USA. I am just turned off by BLM as well, I don't dislike it and I am ok with protesting but the looting and rioting has ruined many innocent business owners lively hoods. If a white cop shoots a black person, he is automatically looked at as an evil guy even the black guy has a gun and shoots first. Being a white guy I would turn my badge in tomorrow and take an early retirement because if you are white and in that profession, you are fucked. I work in security and when I have my uniform on out in public, minorities look at me funny. Just getting snacks or gas before I work a long shift. I am scared I might get shot and killed shot over some dumb shit because I look like a cop. I work near downtown Indy in a bad neighborhood and when I come to a stoplight I never pull up to a car equally. I am that cautious thinking some clown will pull out a gun and shoot me. As far as white privilege goes, that is bullshit because I work my ass off, LeBron was saying that Lori Laughlin getting to choose her prison was white privilege, that no blacks would be able to do that. That is complete bullshit too. There have been so many black athletes that have committed crimes and do no prison time. I bet if Denzel Washington did the same crime as Lori did, he would do 0 time so spare me the tears. Get a job, don't stay out late where cops can pull you over, and 99.9% of people will be fine. Hey LeBron what is your take on Jussie Smollett :waaaaa:, he's black so it doesn't matter lmao. My rant for the day. By the way All Lives Matter I will take that to my grave, end of story.

3Peat -- WOW. Not sure what prompted all this :chug: - it looks like LeBron had an opinion about Lori Laughlin being given the opportunity to "choose" in which "low-security prison" she will serve her TWO-MONTH SENTENCE for a HIGHLY SCANDALOUS AND ILLEGAL crime, and his viewpoint left you feeling as if he doesn't appreciate his privilege as a well-paid NBA star.

There are at least 20 different ways I could go in picking apart your soapbox :soapbox: :cussblk: rant, but since this is a sports blog, I'll keep it as short as possible.

LeBron grew up, as many young Black children do, in a community that had been for generations disenfranchised and economically oppressed by the effects of government redlining and social Jim Crow racism that denied his ancestors, his family and his community some of the basic needs and services that many Americans in non-Black communities have simply taken for granted for decades. Nice grocery stores are largely not in lower-income Black communities. Instead, local property owners and governments allow the presence of several "convenience stores" that sell mainly liquor, cigarettes, junk food and over-priced necessities like bread, milk, butter and juice to people who are already dealing with limited incomes and the stress that comes from having to live in the poorest, least enfranchised communities. Where are most of the high-interest rate check cashing stores? In Black and Brown communities. Why? Because, like vampires, the capitalist powers-that-be know that poorer people struggle to keep bank accounts and access to financial institutions, so they lure them in with easy, "convenient" :roll: check-cashing centers that charge HIGHLY overpriced rates to those who have little to no choice but to use their services.

POVERTY breeds petty crime, not race or criminality. There is crime in every racial community, and even the richest people commit crimes - they just get covered-up and/or helped by our government because they are likely in illegal business together to rob the poorest communities. If you're Black and have at least the minimum amount to, say, get a home loan, what are the odds you'll be given the same opportunity as a non-Black person with the same amount of money? :nocomment: The statistics say that RACISM from that bank manager or realtor STILL in 2020 blocks tens of thousands of Black people and families from bettering their lives and communities by enfranchising themselves. How about applying for a job? Black people have to worry that the very color of their skin, or their hairstyle, or manner of speaking will automatically make them "unhireable" by the average bigoted American. And remember -- claiming "I'm not r.ac.ist" is a bunch of bullshit because we've ALL been raised in a ra.cis.t country. A sexist country. We ALL see color, we ALL see gender, we ALL judge, whether we want to admit it or not. We ALL make choices about who we feel "comfortable" around and who makes us feel uneasy. It's deeper than the surface, it's subconscious and mostly psychological.

Upper and middle-class White people generally like to play things close to the vest and - outside of the most redneck country bigot - don't even like to discuss their personal political choices, probably out of fear of being judged for being too "liberal", or for secretly preferring a r.ac.ist, sexist white supremacist to whatever other choice. White men with no college experience, though, are 65% more likely to vote for Orange Kool-Aid - just as they did in 2016. And it's funny because most of the Black men I know who support lpmua6 are well-educated conservatives who think they're somehow "wiser" or "better" than the rest of their peers, and think liberals or Democrats are sheep and idiots. It doesn't matter if you don't go around using racial slurs, or half of your "buddies" are Black or Hispanic/Latino or Filipino or whatever.

America's never-ending raci.st practices have created a syndrome wherein Black communities have ALWAYS caught the most HELL. The Tulsa Massacre of 1921 totally destroyed an affluent Black city supporting itself and enfranchising its community. Terrorism. Bombs were dropped from planes, killing hundreds. These are the things they keep out of our school history books. This was also the height of White terrorism against Blacks across the Southeast and Mid-West :hanged: as the Klan (local police, firefighters, businessmen and land-owners hiding behind bedsheets) did everything in their power to keep Blacks from simply trying to LIVE, to exist, to raise their families and contribute to the American Dream. After WWII and into the 1950s, after many Black communities across America finally began to rise into middle-class wealth and petition our government to create laws prohibiting the deadly, rac.ist and oppressive Jim Crow social and business practices, suddenly Black communities became "ghettoes" . . and the Black and Brown men who were sent to the deadliest parts of the Vietnam War came "home" to find that their job and housing options were limited. This is also when drugs, alcohol and crime skyrocketed in Black communities, and the basic Family structure began to crumble, as Black men stopped being able to be providers for their household and the Welfare Syndrome was introduced.

Take away a people's ability and right to do for themselves for generation after generation, flood their communities with drugs and mysteriously allow guns to proliferate the streets, deny them the basic respect and right to equal education, housing, food, clothing, shelter and the right to represent and be represented in their own government, and you create a disaster. This is why BLACK LIVES MATTER has become the catch-phrase that so many non-Black people across America have adopted, because they KNOW our country's terrible history when it comes to racism against Black people, and how it has caused so much social unrest and inequality.

Yes, 3peat - - ALL LIVES (should) MATTER. But for the last, oh, 400 years . . BLACK LIVES in America (and across the world) have been systematically destroyed, oppressed, terrorized and ignored. And it doesn't matter if every year LeBron makes $35 million from the NBA (40% of which goes to California taxes) and another $50 million in endorsements (again, taxes - do you know anybody who pays that much tax? Tax which allegedly goes to improvements in schools, roads, all communities, etc?). LeBron has not forgotten where he came from, and who he is representing, and is following in the footsteps of Jackie Robinson, Muhammad Ali, Jim Brown, Bill Russell, Curt Flood, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Arthur Ashe, Mahmoud Abdul-Raouf and Colin Kaepernick. Even the usually quiet Kobe had to join the protest when Eric Garner was choked to death by police over selling cigarettes on the street. All he did was wear a t-shirt and make a couple statements, but it was a good show from a guy who was never totally "embraced" by Black America for various reasons.

Ok, so that wasn't so short :uzi: :unclesam: :waaaaa:

3Peatkb24 wrote:Get a job, don't stay out late where cops can pull you over, and 99.9% of people will be fine.

Do you really believe that quote, 3Peat . . ? Do you really think that's as "easy" as it is? If you do, you have a lot to educate yourself on when it comes to American history and society. Lebron HAS a job. And has created employment for literally THOUSANDS of people - some who he will never meet, many who are White, Mexican, Asian, Indian, etc. He has represented himself proudly both on and off the court and was already told to "just shut up and dribble" by a White news reporter who thought that a rich, professional athlete should not be concerned with the state of his own country's racial and social issues. This is America.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:54 pm

lakerevolution wrote:

3Peat -- WOW. Not sure what prompted all this :chug: - it looks like LeBron had an opinion about Lori Laughlin being given the opportunity to "choose" in which "low-security prison" she will serve her TWO-MONTH SENTENCE for a HIGHLY SCANDALOUS AND ILLEGAL crime, and his viewpoint left you feeling as if he doesn't appreciate his privilege as a well-paid NBA star.

There are at least 20 different ways I could go in picking apart your soapbox :soapbox: :cussblk: rant, but since this is a sports blog, I'll keep it as short as possible.

LeBron grew up, as many young Black children do, in a community that had been for generations disenfranchised and economically oppressed by the effects of government redlining and social Jim Crow racism that denied his ancestors, his family and his community some of the basic needs and services that many Americans in non-Black communities have simply taken for granted for decades. Nice grocery stores are largely not in lower-income Black communities. Instead, local property owners and governments allow the presence of several "convenience stores" that sell mainly liquor, cigarettes, junk food and over-priced necessities like bread, milk, butter and juice to people who are already dealing with limited incomes and the stress that comes from having to live in the poorest, least enfranchised communities. Where are most of the high-interest rate check cashing stores? In Black and Brown communities. Why? Because, like vampires, the capitalist powers-that-be know that poorer people struggle to keep bank accounts and access to financial institutions, so they lure them in with easy, "convenient" :roll: check-cashing centers that charge HIGHLY overpriced rates to those who have little to no choice but to use their services.

POVERTY breeds petty crime, not race or criminality. There is crime in every racial community, and even the richest people commit crimes - they just get covered-up and/or helped by our government because they are likely in illegal business together to rob the poorest communities. If you're Black and have at least the minimum amount to, say, get a home loan, what are the odds you'll be given the same opportunity as a non-Black person with the same amount of money? :nocomment: The statistics say that RACISM from that bank manager or realtor STILL in 2020 blocks tens of thousands of Black people and families from bettering their lives and communities by enfranchising themselves. How about applying for a job? Black people have to worry that the very color of their skin, or their hairstyle, or manner of speaking will automatically make them "unhireable" by the average bigoted American. And remember -- claiming "I'm not r.ac.ist" is a bunch of bullshit because we've ALL been raised in a ra.cis.t country. A sexist country. We ALL see color, we ALL see gender, we ALL judge, whether we want to admit it or not. We ALL make choices about who we feel "comfortable" around and who makes us feel uneasy. It's deeper than the surface, it's subconscious and mostly psychological.

Upper and middle-class White people generally like to play things close to the vest and - outside of the most redneck country bigot - don't even like to discuss their personal political choices, probably out of fear of being judged for being too "liberal", or for secretly preferring a r.ac.ist, sexist white supremacist to whatever other choice. White men with no college experience, though, are 65% more likely to vote for Orange Kool-Aid - just as they did in 2016. And it's funny because most of the Black men I know who support lpmua6 are well-educated conservatives who think they're somehow "wiser" or "better" than the rest of their peers, and think liberals or Democrats are sheep and idiots. It doesn't matter if you don't go around using racial slurs, or half of your "buddies" are Black or Hispanic/Latino or Filipino or whatever.

America's never-ending raci.st practices have created a syndrome wherein Black communities have ALWAYS caught the most HELL. The Tulsa Massacre of 1921 totally destroyed an affluent Black city supporting itself and enfranchising its community. Terrorism. Bombs were dropped from planes, killing hundreds. These are the things they keep out of our school history books. This was also the height of White terrorism against Blacks across the Southeast and Mid-West :hanged: as the Klan (local police, firefighters, businessmen and land-owners hiding behind bedsheets) did everything in their power to keep Blacks from simply trying to LIVE, to exist, to raise their families and contribute to the American Dream. After WWII and into the 1950s, after many Black communities across America finally began to rise into middle-class wealth and petition our government to create laws prohibiting the deadly, rac.ist and oppressive Jim Crow social and business practices, suddenly Black communities became "ghettoes" . . and the Black and Brown men who were sent to the deadliest parts of the Vietnam War came "home" to find that their job and housing options were limited. This is also when drugs, alcohol and crime skyrocketed in Black communities, and the basic Family structure began to crumble, as Black men stopped being able to be providers for their household and the Welfare Syndrome was introduced.

Take away a people's ability and right to do for themselves for generation after generation, flood their communities with drugs and mysteriously allow guns to proliferate the streets, deny them the basic respect and right to equal education, housing, food, clothing, shelter and the right to represent and be represented in their own government, and you create a disaster. This is why BLACK LIVES MATTER has become the catch-phrase that so many non-Black people across America have adopted, because they KNOW our country's terrible history when it comes to racism against Black people, and how it has caused so much social unrest and inequality.

Yes, 3peat - - ALL LIVES (should) MATTER. But for the last, oh, 400 years . . BLACK LIVES in America (and across the world) have been systematically destroyed, oppressed, terrorized and ignored. And it doesn't matter if every year LeBron makes $35 million from the NBA (40% of which goes to California taxes) and another $50 million in endorsements (again, taxes - do you know anybody who pays that much tax? Tax which allegedly goes to improvements in schools, roads, all communities, etc?). LeBron has not forgotten where he came from, and who he is representing, and is following in the footsteps of Jackie Robinson, Muhammad Ali, Jim Brown, Bill Russell, Curt Flood, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Arthur Ashe, Mahmoud Abdul-Raouf and Colin Kaepernick. Even the usually quiet Kobe had to join the protest when Eric Garner was choked to death by police over selling cigarettes on the street. All he did was wear a t-shirt and make a couple statements, but it was a good show from a guy who was never totally "embraced" by Black America for various reasons.

Ok, so that wasn't so short :uzi: :unclesam: :waaaaa:

3Peatkb24 wrote:Get a job, don't stay out late where cops can pull you over, and 99.9% of people will be fine.

Do you really believe that quote, 3Peat . . ? Do you really think that's as "easy" as it is? If you do, you have a lot to educate yourself on when it comes to American history and society. Lebron HAS a job. And has created employment for literally THOUSANDS of people - some who he will never meet, many who are White, Mexican, Asian, Indian, etc. He has represented himself proudly both on and off the court and was already told to "just shut up and dribble" by a White news reporter who thought that a rich, professional athlete should not be concerned with the state of his own country's racial and social issues. This is America.

To that quote, what I meant by it is, most people that work for a living aren't out 2 or 3 morning being up to no good. It is kind of funny that at work we have around at least 30 black people and none of them have ever mentioned to me being harassed by the police. We talk a lot at work. They go home to their families and come back to work. I have worked with these people for years so yeah. What is sad is as a white male who is almost 50, when I go on a rant like I did, I have to say/explain I am not a r.acist because some people automatically think I may be with a rant like that. My rant wasn't even bad or r.acist, not even close. [u]I think LeBron is a good person overall as well, I just question how he feels about white people and his overall politics. Anyway great post Rev. In other news the Lakers are up 2-0 in the WCFinals, Go Lakers!
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:01 pm

I loved LeBron's response toward the MVP voting saying he was pissed, he is 100% right. How can he only get 16 1st place votes? I have said since midway through the season he should've won MVP and it is obvious now. Giannis is too 1 dimensional on offense, his jumper is inconsistent. That will hurt the Bucks every year come playoff time. Without LeBron the Lakers may not even be a playoff team. When he is not in the game, production of the team goes way down.

By the way I want to apologize for bringing politics into the forum, I rarely talk politics and try to stay away from it. I am just frustrated with a few things, this country is a mess right now but it is still the best country to live in IMO. So if my post about LeBron came off as harsh that wasn't my intention. I didn't expect the book that Jesus and Rev wrote me :waaaaa: , it is all good though. I started it.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:34 pm

Denver brought ALL the energy, intensity and focus last night. That last-minute comeback was swatted away by the unbelievable shooting of Murray, Jokic and the rest of the Nuggets, and our defense and rebounding was lacking almost all game. If not for AD's Kobe shot, we'd be down 1-2 in this series . . and Vogel's "big" lineup to limit the Joker's production isn't working.

I think we'll be ok, though. :confused:

I think . . :panic: :nervousalot: :imok:
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:06 pm

lakerevolution wrote:Denver brought ALL the energy, intensity and focus last night. That last-minute comeback was swatted away by the unbelievable shooting of Murray, Jokic and the rest of the Nuggets, and our defense and rebounding was lacking almost all game. If not for AD's Kobe shot, we'd be down 1-2 in this series . . and Vogel's "big" lineup to limit the Joker's production isn't working.

2 telling stats from last night, they outrebounded us 44-25 and made 11 3's to our 6. Can't win doing that. LeBron had a TDB but getting outrebounded the way we did is something you just can't overcome. They played like they wanted it more last night, they knew if they lost the series was over.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:27 pm

Pukes go down 112-109 :kingclaphands: . Heat lead series 3-1. Could LeBron actually face his old team in the Finals? We need to take care of business tomorrow because you give Denver any kind of life they are dangerous. 2-2 would be a little scary.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:42 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:
lakerevolution wrote:Denver brought ALL the energy, intensity and focus last night. That last-minute comeback was swatted away by the unbelievable shooting of Murray, Jokic and the rest of the Nuggets, and our defense and rebounding was lacking almost all game. If not for AD's Kobe shot, we'd be down 1-2 in this series . . and Vogel's "big" lineup to limit the Joker's production isn't working.

2 telling stats from last night, they outrebounded us 44-25 and made 11 3's to our 6. Can't win doing that. LeBron had a TDB but getting outrebounded the way we did is something you just can't overcome. They played like they wanted it more last night, they knew if they lost the series was over.

Lakers win rebounding battle 41-33, 3's were even, they made 10 we made 10. Called it again. We took care of those 2 things and won the game tonight. 3-1 Lakers lead in the WCFinals. One win away from the Finals. Enjoy the ride Brethren to #17, it is coming, I love you all.

Another thing too, when LeBron and Davis combine for 60 or more points, we are pretty much unbeatable. AD had 34 and LeBron 26 tonight = 60. :cheers:
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:00 pm

Sloppy, frustrating game tonight, but we held the lead for 99% of the game and made some FTs down the stretch for the W. We had better come out ON FIRE next game and put these pesky Nuggets away. Their role players are shooting the lights out. Rondo, Kuz and KCP provided just enough on both ends to help us out.
lakerevolution

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:29 am

"I don't reserve any energy," James said. "I'm on the floor, I give it all I got. If I need a break, I ask for a break. Coach has done a good job of getting me out throughout the course of the game. I don't look at it as a reserve tank. I've got pretty good energy when I'm on the floor all the time.

"It's winning time and I don't have a chance or time to be feeling tired. I'm tired now. That's when I'm tired, when it's zeros on the clock. That's when I'm tired. I'm not tired during the game."

James defended Murray 11 times in Game 4 after matching up with him only seven times in the half-court through the first three games of the series, according to Second Spectrum data.

Indeed, James' success on Murray mirrored the defensive production he has shown all postseason. With James as their closest defender these playoffs, Murray, Harden, Russell Westbrook and Damian Lillard have shot 14-for-38 (36.8%) from the field, according to Second Spectrum. And James tightens the screws -- to borrow a favorite Vogel phrase -- even more later in the game, as opposing players have shot 7-for-28 (25%) when he contests a shot in the fourth quarter/overtime this postseason, the lowest percentage allowed by any player to defend 25 or more.
lakerevolution

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk