Playoff thread

Re: Playoff thread

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:15 am

lakerevolution wrote:Well . . we looked like the Stooges most of the first half but I had faith that the Blaisers would eventually soften up. A lot of dumb plays on our side that had me wanting to throw things at whoever was in my vicinity, but MOTHERFUCKING ANTHONY DAVIS down the stretch was SOOOOO SMOOOTH and the eventual difference. LeBron is our Magic Kobe, but Kuz and KCP and Caruso showed up late to help secure the win.

Kuz did a little. Might have to write a Haikuzma.

Anthony Davis reminded me of Karl Malone last night the way he was hitting that jumper and taking it strong to the basket. If he plays like that the rest of the way and LeBron does his usual we should win it all. When we play teams like the Rockets and Clippers we do need to make some key 3's though because those teams make a lot of 3's. We are in good shape now up 2-1. ESPN shows us winning the series at 82%.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:49 am

@Rev yeah I always debate in my head who is the 4th greatest player ever that I have seen live (I put I have seen live in bold, been watching since 1977). My top 3 still remain: Jordan 1, Magic 2, Kareem 3. Between LeBron, Kobe, Bird, and Shaq you could flip a coin IMO. LeBron has a monster case if he brings a championship to LA because he also will end up with a ton of records. Kobe won 5 championships and 2 without Shaq. Kobe's killer mentality I loved and was capable of scoring 40 points on a given night easily. Bird played the best competition possible against the 80's Lakers, still won 3 Championships. Bird was also a better 3pt shooter than LeBron or Kobe. Once Bird put 60 points on Dominique Wilkins one game that put to bed that Bird couldn't play fast/jumping athletes one on one. There is not many athletes today in 2020 like Nique was. Shaq was the most dominant big man I have ever seen live 5 feet and in from the basket. I would love to start a franchise with him and just put 3pt shooters around him.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:07 pm

What a great game! Even without Porzingis, and with other players nursing injuries, the Mavericks were able to climb out of a 21-point first-half deficit, take a nice lead in the 3rd quarter due to the unstoppable force named Luka Doncic, and battle through to an overtime victory over the Clippers. HUGE game for Dallas, and even if they don't upset the Clippers they have proven they're no slouches. Hopefully Porzingis can get back on the court and help the Mavs get two more wins.

Boston dismantles Philly and Embiid was pretty pissed during the postgame presser. He may not be a Sixer much longer.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:23 pm

lakerevolution wrote:What a great game! Even without Porzingis, and with other players nursing injuries, the Mavericks were able to climb out of a 21-point first-half deficit, take a nice lead in the 3rd quarter due to the unstoppable force named Luka Doncic, and battle through to an overtime victory over the Clippers. HUGE game for Dallas, and even if they don't upset the Clippers they have proven they're no slouches. Hopefully Porzingis can get back on the court and help the Mavs get two more wins.

Boston dismantles Philly and Embiid was pretty pissed during the postgame presser. He may not be a Sixer much longer.

Holy shit! I quit watching it when the Clippers were up by 20, Luka is so awesome!!! Clippers might screw around and lose this series, 2-2 is a 50/50 series.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:48 pm

Two more things:

Trey Burke is a savvy player. He's a former lottery pick who had to go down to the G-League but you keep hearing his name. He's a great team player.

Paul George . . nine motherfucking points in 45 FUCKING MINUTES??? I know Kawhi is looking at him like :pissedkobe:

Paul George is now on my Chris Paul list. He should just start doing insurance commercials. :waaaaa:
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:16 pm

lakerevolution wrote:Two more things:

Trey Burke is a savvy player. He's a former lottery pick who had to go down to the G-League but you keep hearing his name. He's a great team player.

Paul George . . nine motherfucking points in 45 FUCKING MINUTES??? I know Kawhi is looking at him like :pissedkobe:

Paul George is now on my Chris Paul list. He should just start doing insurance commercials. :waaaaa:

PG was at his best with the Pacers in 2013 and 2014, ever since he suffered that gruesome injury he has become more of a jump shooter and he isn't a great jump shooter. He has games where he does get hot but if you look back when he played for the Pacers he was driving and dunking a lot more. He even schooled LeBron a few times in those years. I am pretty confident we can take the Clippers if we play them. Luka 43 Points, 17 Rebounds, 13 Assists = MVP status material.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:46 pm

Lakers looking like a whole problem tonight . . Kuz, KCP and Caruso all chiming in and our two future HOFers channeling the Black Mamba. 80 points in the first half.
This is how you rip the heart out of a team. We hold on and keep the gas on Wednesday night, it's a waiting game for the HOU/OKC ending. Neither team can beat us over 7 games anyway.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:00 pm

lakerevolution wrote:Lakers looking like a whole problem tonight . . Kuz, KCP and Caruso all chiming in and our two future HOFers channeling the Black Mamba. 80 points in the first half.
This is how you rip the heart out of a team. We hold on and keep the gas on Wednesday night, it's a waiting game for the HOU/OKC ending. Neither team can beat us over 7 games anyway.

We jumped on them quick, it was over at halftime up by 29. We now look like we looked before the NBA season stopped. This is over in 5, calling it now.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:59 am

Houston and OKC are 2-2, that becomes 50/50 at that point. Go OKC, I can't stand flopping Harden.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:06 am

We were up at one point 91-53, that is 80's stuff. During the 80's, the Lakers used to win by 30 all the time lol. We did it for Kobe! Lakers may not lose another game the rest of the playoffs. Stay focused LeBron and bring #17 home.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:16 pm

Utah is firing on all cylinders . . Denver looks like they don't even want to be in the bubble. We're going to smash on the Jazz -- they may have one or two good games, but I don't see us going more than five games against them. They simply don't have the squad, defense or coaching to hang with a team like us. *I cross my fingers and knock on wood of course* :wishbone:

This Mavs/Clips game is going to be the most-watched game of the year so far. I hope Kawhi has a terrible game and Paul George breaks an eyelash and has to get a wheelchair :waaaaa: . GO LUUUUUKA!!!!!
lakerevolution

Postby lakerevolution » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:11 pm

NOT SO FAAAST!!! 23 year old Jamal Murray is putting on a FUCKING CLINIC in the second half against Utah!!! He is in a ZONE and literally took this game away from the Jazz with the help of the Joker. He never left the floor in the second half!!!

Great finish for the Nuggets.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:44 pm

lakerevolution wrote:NOT SO FAAAST!!! 23 year old Jamal Murray is putting on a FUCKING CLINIC in the second half against Utah!!! He is in a ZONE and literally took this game away from the Jazz with the help of the Joker. He never left the floor in the second half!!!

Great finish for the Nuggets.

Yeah I picked the Nuggets to win in 7 before the series but they still have a hill to climb. The Pacers got swept in their series which was a little shocking, Sabonis was out all series but I thought Indy could still win that series. Maybe the Heat are better than I thought. OKC is the surprise team of the bubble, being 2-2 with Houston is pretty impressive after being down 0-2.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:42 pm

So the NBA canceled games tonight and the Lakers did the same because of the shooting of Jacob Blake. By the way my prayers are with him and his family. What happened to him was awful. Having said that, the players not playing the season out will do nothing to help against police brutality towards African Americans. That is up to our police forces hiring the right people, sports players have nothing to do with that, harsh but true. What these players are doing is taking away from the diehard fans that watch them 3 or 4 hours a day to get their minds off of the bad things. It is entertainment and loyal fans live and die with their teams wins and losses. These guys get millions of dollars to play a kids game and entertain us, by the way the fans that watch and go to games pay their salary's too. What would they think if fans boycotted them? They also are in the safest environment, a bubble that protects from the Covid-19. They have it made. They should speak their mind on issues going on in the world but not playing isn't the solution. It helps nothing and makes the fans very disappointed. In my NBA greatest teams ever fantasy thread, I decided the 1987 Lakers shouldn't play the 1996 Bulls in a Game 7 winner take all because of the issues we have going on. I did it out of respect for both teams because I think those teams are equally as great too and didn't want to crown 1 champion. In the real world, they need to play but stay united and together and just speak out.

This is an imperfect world and unfortunately more shootings will probably happen. What is next, just quit living life and never play again. Players can't control what is going on, the president can't either. Police forces can though as a unit. White people are getting killed everyday too (all races are) but that is unfortunately how the world is. I am for equality but we can't stop living. I would never kneel for the flag either - I think it is wrong to do so, if people don't like it oh well. That is my belief and I should have the freedom of speech to say so. When Drew Brees said that and the reasons why he said it, some people in the media and some of him teammates look at him like he was a basketball? (basketball too funny - you know what I mean). I would've just retired if I was him. If someone wants to kneel for the flag, I wouldn't say anything negative about them so why should someone say anything negative toward someone that thinks it is wrong? Too much double standard going on. We have the freedom to do what we want as long as no laws are being broken, that is what makes america great. FWIW I am not even voting in 2020, don't care for either candidate and many don't. Kaepernick the face of equality and kneeling didn't even vote in 2016. Bill Clinton was the best president we ever had and it's not even close. The economy was booming then and everyone was happy, no divisiveness either.

My rant for the day! - what is sad is if I was a sports broadcaster and said the things I said above I would probably be fired and I didn't say 1 R - basketball thing. Freedom of speech doesn't seem to apply to some. I actually posted tons of truth.
Last edited by 3Peatkb24 on Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:30 pm

Thanks for the LIKE Rev. I am just frustrated. The players mean well but not playing doesn't help. You and i work our asses off to make a living and need sports. Watching the Munsters and Homer Simpson so many times gets old :waaaaa: . Some of the police forces just stink and I feel bad for many African Americans that get stereotyped and shot by police but basketball players, you, and I can't control it. Wish we could. Black Lives Matter no doubt, I respect that. I have never seen color. I try to love all good people.
3Peatkb24

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk