Gm 32: Lakers at Hornets GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:09 am

(5-26)Image at Image(16-13)

Monday, December 28, 2015, 4:00 PM PDT

Referees: Eric Lewis, Derrick Collins, Derek Richardson

Line: Hornets -12.5

GAME PREVIEW: LAKERS AT HORNETS

By NBA.com

No Eastern Conference team averages more 3-point attempts than the Charlotte Hornets, and that's something coach Steve Clifford would like to cut down on.

That would also be good advice for Kobe Bryant, who is the league's worst 3-point shooter as his illustrious career winds down.

The Hornets will welcome Bryant for his final visit to Charlotte on Monday night, although there's no word on whether Michael Jordan will be in the building to see the aging star.

Charlotte (16-13) is averaging 29.0 3-point attempts while shooting 35.4 percent. It's not something that Clifford is proud of since his team is second-worst in the East with an average of 37.6 points in the paint.

"The 3s are great but in our league, it goes like this and this is just factual, statistical," Clifford said. "The best thing you can do on a possession is shoot a free throw, that's by the numbers. Then the second-best thing you can do is shoot a layup. Then the third-best thing you can do is shoot a 3."

The Hornets plan to alleviate this issue several ways. It's not clear if Al Jefferson will return to the starting lineup after he saw his first action Saturday since Nov. 29.

Jefferson made 1 of 8 shots for two points in the 98-92 win over Memphis as he returned from a five-game suspension for violating the NBA's drug policy after being out with a strained left calf.

The coach also wants rookie center Frank Kaminsky, averaging 15.0 points in his last three games, to operate more down low in the future.

Charlotte is 6-3 against Western Conference foes and will be heavily favored against a Lakers team that has lost by an average of 20.4 points in a three-game slide and is 1-6 when playing the second half of a back-to-back set after Sunday's 112-96 defeat to the Grizzlies.

Bryant played only the first and third quarters and scored 19 points, making 2 of 8 3-pointers. His field-goal percentage of 34.7 and 3-point percentage of 25.6 are the NBA's worst marks.

The 37-year-old Bryant, averaging a career-high 7.2 3-point attempts for the league's fifth-highest mark, said his right knee is bothering him and almost decided against playing. He will play in Charlotte, which is notable to his legion of fans since he was drafted by the Hornets in 1996 before being traded to Los Angeles.

"Tomorrow I'll definitely be ready to go," Bryant said. "Those are cities I'm only going to go to once."

Bryant and the Lakers (5-26) will see a former teammate in Jeremy Lin, who started 30 of 74 games in his lone season with Los Angeles in 2014-15. Lin is fourth on the Hornets in scoring with 11.8 points per game for a club that averages a league-low 13.2 turnovers.

The Hornets ended a three-game slide Saturday behind Kemba Walker, who scored half of his 22 points in the fourth quarter including a personal 7-0 run that put them ahead for good.

"We needed this one pretty bad," said Walker, who also had eight assists. "We just wanted to get back on track."

These teams split two meetings last season.

http://www.nba.com/games/20151228/LALCHA/gameinfo.html
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Re: Gm 32: Lakers and Hornets GAME THREAD

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:00 am

I think we win this game. Don't ask me why but I feel it will be one of those games!

Well we didn't win but still a cool game. Charlotte fans treated Kobe like royalty. Jordan said he was like a little brother to him. I really think that was a compliment and not back handed slap like some think. Jordan is so cocky so some think it was a diss but Jordan knows how Great Kobe is. Jordan is also on record saying h would take Kobe over LeBron.
Last edited by 3Peatkb24 on Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby NuggetsCountry » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:23 am

Not able to sit at my computer to post or much of anything due to restrictions:

Back from the hospital. Dec 23rd, broke my right hip on slick ice. Broke off the femur head, so all they could do was total hip replacement. Got out of hospital faster than usual, since I am a pro with crutches and such. Right leg, so my prior Dec 9 right knee revision is lost, since I cannot do any rehab on it until the hip is 100%. Came home to more steep (20% grade) driveway ice and snow - got SUV stuck halfway up, so I had to negotiate snowdrifts/ice with crutches and broken hip - fun for all. First night home was a painful bitch, but am feeling better today - no Percocet for 12 hours now. Showered which helps my psyche. No opera season for me this year.

I hope Kobe doesn't overdo it and end up missing most of the season trying to please fans eleswhere.
Image :yeahthat:
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

{ IMAGES }: 7

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:26 am

NuggetsCountry wrote:Not able to sit at my computer to post or much of anything due to restrictions:

Back from the hospital. Dec 23rd, broke my right hip on slick ice. Broke off the femur head, so all they could do was total hip replacement. Got out of hospital faster than usual, since I am a pro with crutches and such. Right leg, so my prior Dec 9 right knee revision is lost, since I cannot do any rehab on it until the hip is 100%. Came home to more steep (20% grade) driveway ice and snow - got SUV stuck halfway up, so I had to negotiate snowdrifts/ice with crutches and broken hip - fun for all. First night home was a painful bitch, but am feeling better today - no Percocet for 12 hours now. Showered which helps my psyche. No opera season for me this year.

I hope Kobe doesn't overdo it and end up missing most of the season trying to please fans eleswhere.

Just get well Brethren, the weather sucks sometimes and screws everything up!
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:29 am

NuggetsCountry wrote:Not able to sit at my computer to post or much of anything due to restrictions:

Get well, my friend. Yeah, I hope Kobe doesn't overdo it either because I have tix to his last game on April 13th. Whether Scott and I go to the game or sell our $36 tix for north of $1,000 each is a different matter ....

BTW, nose bleeds were going for more than $400 each AT GAME TIME on Christmas, so Sammy and I wisely watched it elsewhere. We had a blast bar hopping and enjoying the festive atmosphere up at LA Live though.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:33 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:

Get well, my friend. Yeah, I hope Kobe doesn't overdo it either because I have tix to his last game on April 13th. Whether Scott and I go to the game or sell our $36 tix for north of $1,000 each is a different matter ....

If we are down by 20 at Half you can always go to plan B LOL. Man when I went to the Pacers vs Lakers last season and we were down 60-27, I had to go plan B at that point. Still got to see Kobe and go to Hooters. Fun night regardless.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:53 am

BTW, notice how NBA.com didn't change the "CHA" logo from the Bobcats to the Hornets? I don't know how to fix that.
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:40 pm

Only with a true team effort can we spay the bobkittens. Bob Barker style.

Checking in.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:43 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:I think we win this game. Don't ask me why but I feel it will be one of those games!

Well we didn't win but still a cool game. Charlotte fans treated Kobe like royalty. Jordan said he was like a little brother to him. I really think that was a compliment and not back handed slap like some think. Jordan is so cocky so some think it was a diss but Jordan knows how Great Kobe is. Jordan is also on record saying he would take Kobe over LeBron but hell I would take Bird, Shaq, and Duncan over LeBron.

This
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:12 am

What really pisses me off about Pro sports is, a guy like Kemba Walker scores 38 Points and the dude is Above Average, maybe Good at best. This type of shit happens against all of my teams. He will probably turn around in his next game and score 10 Points. There is a lot of inconsistent play in todays sports that really makes it tough to watch. Like the Colts losing at home to Brandon fucking Weeden to a team they were 13-0 against but then they turn around and beat Tannehill in Miami with Charlie Whitehurst.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:22 am

Parity, my friend. The most perennial of losers must appear to its fanbase to be capable of wearing its Big Boy Pants on any given night now. See: Los Angeles Clippers.
lakerevolution

Postby Moos » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:58 pm

:HNY2:
KobeMVP888 wrote:

BTW, nose bleeds were going for more than $400 each AT GAME TIME on Christmas, so Sammy and I wisely watched it elsewhere. We had a blast bar hopping and enjoying the festive atmosphere up at LA Live though.
Moos

Return to LakerTalk