Game 49: 02/04/20 Spurs at Lakers GAME THREAD

Game 49: 02/04/20 Spurs at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:32 pm

(22-27) SPURS AT LAKERS (37-11)

Tuesday, February 4, 2020, 7:00 PM PDT
Staples Center • Los Angeles, CA

Referees: Josh Tiven (#58), Kevin Cutler (#34), Jacyn Goble (#68)

Replay Center: Ray Acosta, Ray Acosta, Karl Lane

Line: Lakers -12

National TV: TNT
Local TV: Spectrum SportsNet

GAME PREVIEW: SPURS AT LAKERS

by NBA.com

The Los Angeles Lakers will continue the healing process with a matchup against the San Antonio Spurs on Tuesday in front of a Lakers home crowd that is seeking closure more than a week after the death of Kobe Bryant.

The Lakers have played just twice since Bryant, his 13-year-old daughter Gianna and seven others were killed in a helicopter crash Jan. 26. A game against the Los Angeles Clippers last week was postponed.

After an emotional pregame ceremony at home on Friday, the Lakers were defeated 127-119 by the Portland Trail Blazers, but they rebounded with a 129-113 road victory over the Sacramento Kings on Saturday.

LeBron James, who has vowed to be the rock the Lakers can lean on in the wake of the Bryant tragedy, had a triple-double against the Kings with 15 points, 10 rebounds and 11 assists. He shot just 6 of 15 from the field but still was a difference-maker with his 11th triple-double of the season and the 92nd of his career.

Anthony Davis had 21 points for the Lakers on the second night of a back-to-back set.

A tribute to Bryant and his daughter played on the video board during the game at Sacramento. Fans chanted Bryant's name periodically. The arena was filled with fans wearing Bryant jerseys. It is a scene the Lakers figure to see often for the remainder of the season and one they say they can handle emotionally.

"We're prepared for it," James said afterward. "We understand it, and we hope it happens every night, just because of the legacy that he's left behind. But we're prepared for it as a team, as an organization, and we're gonna continue to get through it."

Home games figure to be even more powerful, if not for how the fans react, then simply because Bryant's Nos. 8 and 24 retired jerseys will be illuminated high above the Staples Center court.

Every game the Lakers play, the normalcy of basketball will return. But Bryant's legacy is permanently attached to this year's squad.

The team scored 44 points in the first quarter against the Kings and 37 in the second quarter before cruising to the victory in the second half. The 81-point first half was another reminder of Bryant, whose career-best scoring game was 81 points in 2006.

"I guess he's with us," Davis said, according to the Los Angeles Times.

The Spurs will enter the Lakers' game on the heels of another game in Los Angeles on Monday. The Spurs fell 108-105 to the Clippers and will participate in their second set of back-to-back games in barely over a week. They lost to the Toronto Raptors and Chicago Bulls on consecutive days last week.

LaMarcus Aldridge scored 27 points and DeMar DeRozan 26 on Monday, but San Antonio could not protect a 15-point, second-quarter lead and a five-point advantage late in the game.

The Spurs already could sense the impact of Bryant's death upon arrival in Los Angeles, and that experience will only intensify when they meet the Lakers.

"You feel it all over the city," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said, according to the San Antonio Express-News. "You can tell walking the streets and when you come into the building. You can't help but reminiscence, and all the thoughts go through your head -- what a tragedy it was, and what the family is going through."

Tuesday is the third and final regular-season meeting between the teams, with the Lakers winning each of the previous two. Los Angeles earned a 103-96 road victory on Nov. 3 and a 114-104 road win Nov. 25.

https://www.nba.com/games/20200204/SASLAL#/preview
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Re: Game 49: 02/04/20 Spurs at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby lakerevolution » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:58 pm

Are we still . . numb to Lakers basketball?

Are we still frowning, pouting and cursing God and the entire world over a loss we never in a zillion years imagined we'd have to endure?

As much as every other NBA team and its fans would love to honor Kobe and Gigi with video clips and moments of silence, it wouldn't be fair to the Lakers squad to have to endure that kind of gloom at every arena they travel to.

ANYWAY . . .

LOOK AT THE BOX SCORE!!! 21 in the first, 30 in the second, 36 in the third and 42 in the fourth! Talk about an onslaught! Kuz goes for a dozen rebounds and LeBron does his best Steph. Continued to shoot at a blistering pace and dominated the boards. This team has been basically coasting for most of the season, and that has its pros and cons. Are we for real, or just a regular season circus?

I hope Vogel and the coaching staff have this already planned out. The spirit of the Mamba will drive them of course, but tuning out the noise and really dominating from tip to buzzer is what every member of this currently constructed team needs to envision.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:30 am

Yeah I just got off work. I worked 13 hours today because I took Sunday and Monday off. I just watched the highlights. LeBron 5 3's in 3 minutes in the 4th Qtr. Great stuff! We pounded the Spurs 129-102. We are now 38-11 = best record in the west. I honestly do not think we need to make any trades, I say we stay as is. When push comes to shove we can beat the Bucks in a 7 game series. LeBron can handle Giannis.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:04 am

Rev, anyone who isn't still numb and in shock lacks a conscience. LeBron James is now a beloved Laker and will guide us to #17 this season because Kobe's spirit is inside him and now a fixture on his exterior as well.

It is always great to beat Pop and the Spurs. Other than the Clippsterns/Logoclipps at this point, and even more than the Chowds, I love it when we beat them. Next on the list, after the aforementioned teams are the Rockets. I'll be representing on Thursday night when our long, talented team defeats that small ball bullshit. Swapping out Clint Capela for robert Covington? WTF is THAT all about? Yet I digress ...

Go Lakers!!
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:01 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:Rev, anyone who isn't still numb and in shock lacks a conscience. LeBron James is now a beloved Laker and will guide us to #17 this season because Kobe's spirit is inside him and now a fixture on his exterior as well.

It is always great to beat Pop and the Spurs. Other than the Clippsterns/Logoclipps at this point, and even more than the Chowds, I love it when we beat them. Next on the list, after the aforementioned teams are the Rockets. I'll be representing on Thursday night when our long, talented team defeats that small ball bullshit. Swapping out Clint Capela for robert Covington? WTF is THAT all about? Yet I digress ...

Go Lakers!!

Some people may never get over it because of his age at 41 and his 13yr old daughter was with him. These last few days I have thought about it less but it keeps popping in my head here and there. The 1st week (last week) that is all I thought about being in disbelief. Makes me thankful I have made it to 48 years old. Hell who knows what kind of fluke bullshit will bring tomorrow.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Return to LakerTalk