Kobe passes in helicopter crash

Kobe passes in helicopter crash

Postby Nycitylaker » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:53 pm

OMFG fellas. I'm shocked. Kobe is dead. Let it be some sick hoax.
Nycitylaker

Re: Kobe passes in helicopter crash

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:08 pm

Nycitylaker wrote:OMFG fellas. I'm shocked. Kobe is dead. Let it be some sick hoax.

I am at work and my mother just called me to let me know of the news. It is a sad day folks. RIP Black Mamba. My prayers go out to Vanessa and their kids. I still do not want to believe it.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby NuggetsCountry » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:19 pm

OMG! I am beyond grief.....................

Live every day as if it is your last, is the advice I hear more and more......................... :pissedkobe:
Image :yeahthat:
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

{ IMAGES }: 7

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:35 pm

NuggetsCountry wrote:OMG! I am beyond grief.....................

Live every day as if it is your last, is the advice I hear more and more......................... :pissedkobe:

I am sick to my stomach. I can go on and on about Kobe, loved him as a player, arguably top 5 ever IMO. I am just in shock at this point and can't believe this. RIP my friend, my avatar will never change in honor of you.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:49 pm

No words. Too much for me to process right now. Poor Vanessa and his beautiful, amazing daughters! How awful. #RIPKobe
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby Lakers4Life » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:16 pm

Lakers4Life

Postby Lakers4Life » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:17 pm

:cry:
Lakers4Life

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:41 pm

. . . . .

:LOBtrophy:
lakerevolution

Postby kjkirby » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:38 pm

Damn....
kjkirby

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:41 pm

kjkirby wrote:Damn....

You should have been here kjkirby.

We been here. Maybe all those ex-Jedi Members will return to this site.

#MambaOut
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:22 am

Just wanted to be the first to comment on this tragedy today. Here are my final thoughts on this:

I was so sick to my stomach yesterday and sad that I refrained from posting a lot. I didn't sleep well at all. I am up now drinking my morning coffee. It is a sad day Brethren as Kobe passed away way too young (I and many looked at you like a superhero that was invincible so this is shocking), my condolences go out to all the families involved in this as Kobe's 13 year old daughter Gigi was on that helicopter too + 7 others were on that Helicopter as well. My prayers go out to Vanessa and their other 3 daughters.

Here is how I will always remember Kobe: First main thing that comes to mind was his never ending great work ethic. He always wanted to get better and worked hard at it. Second main thing that comes to mind was his Mamba killer mentality, he would do anything to win. As a player he belongs in the Pantheon of greats obviously, top 10 player ever, so his legacy as a player was Elite. 5 Championships, a League MVP, and 2 Finals MVP's, winning 2 Championships without Shaq so he accomplished it all as a player. Of course the 81 point game as well!

My favorite Kobe moment was when the Lakers beat the Celtics in the 2010 Finals. You could see the joy and relief on his face when he beat the Celtics in 7 grueling games because of what that rivalry means.

Last but not least, from what I have seen his legacy as a father was elite too. He loved his daughters dearly. RIP Kobe, thanks for the 20 seasons you spent as a Laker, you will never be forgotten.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:22 pm

We're all mad at the world right now. I have personal/family drama on top of work issues, Kenny just had to say goodbye to his wife, and I'm sure we're not the only two dealing with stressful issues. And then Kobe had to die. I was trying to let myself cry it out last night, just to let a little of the overwhelming emotions escape my mind . . but all I could manage was a couple of tears which was not enough to release the shock, anger and grief I was - and still am - feeling. This is bigger than Kareem's house burning down, or Magic's HIV announcement. It's definitely the biggest sports tragedy of my lifetime, considering Kobe was loved and idolized across the globe on every continent. We were lucky enough to see the real Kobe - the Mamba, the relentless killer who lived to win and, throughout more than a few mistakes and pitfalls, never backed down from who he was and how he operated. The massive outpouring of love and respect even from longtime Kobe-haters is showing just how impactful he really was to so many people in all age groups.

We'll miss you, Kobe. Condolences to all who perished with him. You and Gigi say hi to Dr. Buss and Sam TrueFan.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:41 pm

lakerevolution wrote:We're all mad at the world right now. I have personal/family drama on top of work issues, Kenny just had to say goodbye to his wife, and I'm sure we're not the only two dealing with stressful issues. And then Kobe had to die. I was trying to let myself cry it out last night, just to let a little of the overwhelming emotions escape my mind . . but all I could manage was a couple of tears which was not enough to release the shock, anger and grief I was - and still am - feeling. This is bigger than Kareem's house burning down, or Magic's HIV announcement. It's definitely the biggest sports tragedy of my lifetime, considering Kobe was loved and idolized across the globe on every continent. We were lucky enough to see the real Kobe - the Mamba, the relentless killer who lived to win and, throughout more than a few mistakes and pitfalls, never backed down from who he was and how he operated. The massive outpouring of love and respect even from longtime Kobe-haters is showing just how impactful he really was to so many people in all age groups.

We'll miss you, Kobe. Condolences to all who perished with him. You and Gigi say hi to Dr. Buss and Sam TrueFan.

Everyone in the world has their own problems no doubt. My father passed away last March. I went over to his apartment after getting the call he had passed and seeing him laying there dead wasn't good, imagine experiencing that? That happened to me. Also at one time I was in major credit card debt which would make anyone depressed every damn day. When you are in debt you can't do jackshit. I have worked a ton over the last year to almost pay that debt off though. I still owe a little but I am getting there. Health wise I have my moments too where I feel bad some days - I have bone joint problems. Having said all of that, having a tribute to Kobe is pretty reasonable if you are a diehard Lakers fan. Guy died in a helicopter crash at the age 41 and lost a daughter on top of it. He is someone we rooted for, for 20 years and brought us great memories. Hell I am 48 years old and still alive so I consider myself lucky in some ways.
3Peatkb24

Postby Julius Russell » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:19 pm

Mamba and Mambacita. Kobe and GiGi. Man. It’s not words for this. Kobe was the guy for me. My hero. My idol.
He broke his body and bent his will for the Lakers and the city. God I can’t get this one.

Love u guys.

Thanks Ken for allowing me to see my idol man.
Julius Russell

Postby kjkirby » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:08 pm

lakerevolution wrote:
kjkirby wrote:Damn....

You should have been here kjkirby.

We been here. Maybe all those ex-Jedi Members will return to this site.

#MambaOut

I hear you bruh
kjkirby

Next

Return to LakerTalk