Game 36: 01/05/20 Pistons at Lakers GAME THREAD

Game 36: 01/05/20 Pistons at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:53 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:(13-23) PISTONS AT LAKERS (28-7)

Sunday, January 5, 2020, 7:00 PM PDT
Staples Center • Los Angeles, CA

Referees: Josh Tiven (#58), Bill Kennedy (#55), Derek Richardson (#63)

Replay Center: Bill Spooner, Scott Twardoski

Line: Lakers -14.5

National TV: NBA League Pass only
Local TV: Spectrum SportsNet

GAME PREVIEW: PISTONS AT LAKERS

by NBA.com

Anthony Davis' shoulder is ailing as the Los Angeles Lakers enter Sunday's home game against the Detroit Pistons.

Perhaps it is a side effect from shouldering the load.

Davis is listed as probable for the contest as he comes off his fourth 40-point effort of the season.

Davis recorded 46 points and 13 rebounds in Friday's 123-113 win over the New Orleans Pelicans -- his former team -- to raise his team-leading averages to 27.8 and 9.5, respectively.

"I think my teammates just gave me great opportunities and put me in great positions to score the basketball," Davis told reporters afterward. "I don't think I did anything, especially (since) I didn't prepare any differently. Just came out and played basketball."

The six-time All-Star has 16 double-doubles during his first season with LeBron James as a running mate.

James is averaging 25.1 points and 7.7 rebounds, but the eye-popping stat is his NBA-leading 11 assists per game. A big part of that is how well he's mixing with Davis.

"He's the recipient of our flow on offense because he's just as fast as anybody on the floor, more dynamic than anybody that's on the floor, does it better playing in the interior, playing in the exterior," James said. "He can do so many things."

The duo has helped the Lakers win four straight games after they lost a season-worst four games in a row. Los Angeles (28-7) owns the best record in the Western Conference by four games.

Guard Danny Green provided help against the Pelicans by scoring 25 points and making six 3-pointers. Green has twice knocked down seven treys in a game this season.

"My teammates did a great job of finding me," Green said afterward. "'Bron gets to the paint spraying out, and just hit me in the corner. I get easy, wide-open open, rhythm shots in the corner, and once you see one or two go in, it's easy to let the next ones go confidently."

Detroit is 1-3 on a six-game road trip, and Saturday's 111-104 win over the Golden State Warriors was only the team's second in the past 10 games.

With the Pistons (13-23) going through a lackluster season, trade rumors involving two-time All-Star center Andre Drummond are making the rounds.

One report has the Atlanta Hawks interested, and there was enough concern on Drummond's part that he discussed the situation with Detroit coach Dwane Casey.

Drummond, who is in his eighth season with the Pistons, said after Saturday's victory that he doesn't want to go anywhere.

"I'm not a quitter, for one," Drummond told reporters. "I was never brought up to be a quitter. If I start somewhere, I try to finish there, try to complete the mission, which is to win a championship here. It will never be me that wants to go anywhere. ... I love being here. I would love to play here the rest of my career."

Drummond, who had 14 points and 18 rebounds against Golden State, presents a sticky situation for club ownership.

Drummond has one season left on his contract at $28.8 million, but it is a player option. So Drummond could decide to decline the option and become an unrestricted free agent this summer and leave the Pistons with zero compensation.

"I can't control what the front office does," Drummond said. "If they make the move, they make the move. I can't control that. I just have to play the game to the best of my ability.

"I'm here in Detroit now, and that's all that matters. So until that day comes -- if it does, or if it doesn't -- that's not for me to know."

The Pistons will likely be without power forward Blake Griffin (knee) for the fourth straight contest, and forward Markieff Morris (foot) is likely to sit out for the fifth consecutive game.

That figures to present a third straight starting opportunity for 19-year-old Frenchman Sekou Doumbouya, who has posted double-doubles in each of the past two games.

"Don't want to put a lot of pressure on him," Casey said of the rookie after the Golden State game. "He's still developing. A 19-year-old kid. Don't want to get too hyped up because -- I promise you -- that other side is coming. We've got to patient with that, too."

The Pistons have won five of last the seven games against the Lakers.

https://www.nba.com/games/20200105/DETLAL#/preview
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Re: Game 36: 01/05/20 Pistons at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:40 pm

Is this ANYTHING but a practice game that - if our perimeter small-ball guys can shoot the lights out - will allow AD to rest? Drummond's a bum, JaVale and Dwight should be able to handle him. No Ginger Griffin, no problem. 19 games until the All-Star Break - can we get to 40 wins? That would be 13-6, and some of them are against tough opponents. If we can get to 40 we'll be in the fabled cat-bird's seat, then it's all about health. My biggest fears are Dallas finding their groove and those bitch-ass San Diego rejects adding another bottle of nail polish to their vanity stand.

BTW I can't believe none of us posted about the passing of Darth Stern. Rest in peace, you old Jewish lawyer you :nocomment: :bart:
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:44 pm

lakerevolution wrote:Is this ANYTHING but a practice game that - if our perimeter small-ball guys can shoot the lights out - will allow AD to rest? Drummond's a bum, JaVale and Dwight should be able to handle him. No Ginger Griffin, no problem. 19 games until the All-Star Break - can we get to 40 wins? That would be 13-6, and some of them are against tough opponents. If we can get to 40 we'll be in the fabled cat-bird's seat, then it's all about health. My biggest fears are Dallas finding their groove and those bitch-ass San Diego rejects adding another bottle of nail polish to their vanity stand.

BTW I can't believe none of us posted about the passing of Darth Stern. Rest in peace, you old Jewish lawyer you :nocomment: :bart:

I think many of us blame Stern for the CP3 trade block is why nobody started a topic on him. Having said that RIP to the ex-commish, I am not sure how Kenny feels about him? Regarding tonight's game, we should win this easily.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:39 pm

Ok so what the fuck was THAT bullshit.

Next.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:58 pm

lakerevolution wrote:Ok so what the fuck was THAT bullshit.

Next.

We won so 29-7 now is the bullshit :roflmao: . Pistons are a dirty team, always has been, so nice to get a fine win. LeBron had another TDB, I love him at this point so nobody in here change my mind about him :LOBtrophy:
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:33 am

The plethora of blocks were great, but letting a sub-par and depleted team stay close and get back in it late worries me. We have some relatively easy opponents ahead of us, and yeah we had a poor shooting night but my big concern is WHERE THE HELL IS KUZ?? We're 40% into the season and he hasn't yet shown any scoring consistency. He was retained in the AD trade to rise up as that third scoring threat and I don't know if Vogel has the same concerns as me, but damnit he's the x-factor - the 20-pt. threat that teams have to fear in order for us to keep smashing. All these different hair styles and the funny dress . . (well ALL these guys dress funny these days) . . I don't know. I just hope he is taking his job seriously. Bradley with another injury as well. I just want us to be firing on all cylinders.
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:29 am

Other than witnessing the awesome Bock Party, I witnessed a stinker that thankfully we pulled out to improve my record this season to 2-3! :rollyellow: I hope that the politics of AD and LeBron loving Rondo does not cloud the obvious; sign Darren Collison and cut Rondo, who should now be benched in favor of Quinn Cook.

As for David Stern, I could give a shit about how rich he made everyone. The CP3 ordeal was unforgivable, never mind the two game suspensions for Kobe kicking his legs out on jumpers, multiple technical fouls that were undeserved and the otherwise difficult minefield that Kobe Bryant had to navigate as the result of Stern's obvious orders to make Kobe's life as miserable as possible after Colorado until he retired. Let's not forget that the CBA was restructured in 2011 specifically to fuck the Lakers. The CP3 nixing was designed to punctuate that and his "basketball reasons" can fuck themselves. May he rest in peace.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Return to LakerTalk