Game 28: 12/17/19 Lakers at Pacers GAME THREAD

Game 28: 12/17/19 Lakers at Pacers GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:08 am

(24-3) LAKERS AT PACERS (18-9)

Tuesday, December 17, 2019, 4:00 PM PDT
Bankers Life Fieldhouse • Indianapolis, IN

Referees: James Capers (#19), Ray Acosta (#54), Simone Jelks (#81)

Replay Center: Tyler Ford, Matt Myers

Line: Lakers -3.5

National TV: NBA TV
Local TV: Spectrum SportsNet

GAME PREVIEW: LAKERS AT PACERS

by NBA.com

Much has changed since the Los Angeles Lakers last traveled to Indianapolis to take on the Indiana Pacers.

The Lakers are currently riding a seven-game winning streak and have won 17 of 18 overall heading into their first meeting of the season against the Pacers on Tuesday night.

When the Lakers visited Indiana on Feb. 5, however, the Pacers tied an NBA franchise record by making 19 3-pointers in the 136-94 victory. The setback represents the most lopsided loss in the 17-year career of Los Angeles star LeBron James.

During the offseason, the Lakers acquired six-time All-Star Anthony Davis and hired Frank Vogel, who coached the Pacers from 2011-16 and departed as the franchise's all-time leader in NBA wins.

The Lakers lost their season opener against the Los Angeles Clippers, but have since followed with three different winning streaks of at least seven games.

Los Angeles hasn't even been at 100 percent in recent games, but the wins continue to pile up.

Kyle Kuzma has missed the past three games with a sprained left ankle, James injured his elbow in a 113-100 win at the Miami Heat on Friday and was questionable against the Atlanta Hawks two days later. He totaled 32 points, 13 rebounds and seven assists in the 101-96 win, one of his most impressive performances this season.

Davis also rolled his right ankle late in the fourth quarter against the Hawks but finished the game.

"I tweaked it a little bit, but I wanted to just try and play the rest of the game off of adrenaline and then tend to it after the game," Davis told reporters. "It's a little sore, but I have a couple of days to get it right for Indiana."

The Pacers are also playing well lately with wins in three in a row and 11 of their last 14 games.

"We're playing good basketball right now," Indiana forward Domantas Sabonis told reporters following a 107-85 win against the Charlotte Hornets on Sunday.

"We're moving the ball, have a lot of players in double figures and every night it's someone else. That's the beauty of it."

Indiana benefited from 23 points off the bench from Aaron Holiday against the Hornets.

In a 110-100 win at the Hawks on Friday, seven players finished in double figures for the Pacers.

The Lakers have been getting the most out of James and Davis while their supporting cast continues to deliver solid contributions.

James and Davis have won the past two Western Conference Player of the Week honors.

As good as the results have been for the Lakers lately, there are some areas Vogel would like to see improvement, particularly on defense.

Los Angeles has combined for 41 turnovers in the past two games, but Vogel didn't seem as concerned with those numbers.

"You've got to credit the other team sometimes," he said. "Teams are coming after us. We always get the other team's best shot."

Vogel said better floor spacing could take some of the pressure off the point guard.

"It's not always the ball handler's decision making with the turnovers," he said. "Our execution just has to be a little bit better."

https://www.nba.com/games/20191217/LALIND#/preview
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Re: Game 28: 12/17/19 Lakers at Pacers GAME THREAD

Postby Nycitylaker » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:50 am

Bucks got caught looking ahead? Nah. NBA level teams can win any night. Dallas shot well in the clutch. Pouzingus keeps reminding everyone how much the Dolans are bad for the NBA. Bucks made that harmless run at the end but game never in doubt. What does that mean for our Lakeshow? Same. Pacers can win and if they do it'll likely be due more because the Lakers did not play well enough. If anything, this vet crew seems to play to the perceived level of each opponent. Why? Because they know better than we do how good they really are and are going to be come the real season. I see them winning (or not) the next few games to set the table for a load management type second half of the season. A bit differently than the Clippers who are LMing from the get, the Show is getting a running start on Ws and will probably coast in the 2nd half. I like that idea because it will get some minutes for the other 10 on that team whom it will help come playoff time. Of course I am speculating but that's just my educated guess. LBJ isn't making the All D 1st team. That would take too much energy. Id rather he have more juice for April and our run to the finals.
Tonight another team auditions for future employment to the PnG. Some random player will have a career game as he tries to impress Laker brass for future consideration. If they focus we should win. AD's ankle and overall health matters most.

Let's
Fuckin
Go
Lakers!
Nycitylaker

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:07 pm

Nycitylaker wrote:Bucks got caught looking ahead? Nah. NBA level teams can win any night. Dallas shot well in the clutch. Pouzingus keeps reminding everyone how much the Dolans are bad for the NBA. Bucks made that harmless run at the end but game never in doubt. What does that mean for our Lakeshow? Same. Pacers can win and if they do it'll likely be due more because the Lakers did not play well enough. If anything, this vet crew seems to play to the perceived level of each opponent. Why? Because they know better than we do how good they really are and are going to be come the real season. I see them winning (or not) the next few games to set the table for a load management type second half of the season. A bit differently than the Clippers who are LMing from the get, the Show is getting a running start on Ws and will probably coast in the 2nd half. I like that idea because it will get some minutes for the other 10 on that team whom it will help come playoff time. Of course I am speculating but that's just my educated guess. LBJ isn't making the All D 1st team. That would take too much energy. Id rather he have more juice for April and our run to the finals.
Tonight another team auditions for future employment to the PnG. Some random player will have a career game as he tries to impress Laker brass for future consideration. If they focus we should win. AD's ankle and overall health matters most.

Let's
Fuckin
Go
Lakers!

Translation: Welcome back "THE PRACTICE SEASON!"
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:14 pm

All we do is win win no matter what what what!!!

Wouldn't be surprised (or dismayed) if we dropped a few games over the following weeks. I have a great deal of faith in the mindset and dedication of this team. Vogel was a great pickup.

Go Lakers
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:15 pm

Anthony Davis and Kyle Kuzma are both OUT tonight.

I replaced AD's image with Superman's!
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:24 pm

No AD tonight. This will be a challenge for sure now. Pacers play good team ball and have solid Big's.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby Nycitylaker » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:30 pm

Ho hum. LBJ led a good practice level game and almost pulled it out. Free throws anyone? On to Milwaukee
Nycitylaker

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:19 pm

It was a good effort tonight considering AD was out. I thought Howard played magnificent. 10-10 from the floor scoring 20. FT shooting killed us this game. I was able to watch a lot of this game eventhough at work. The road winning streak was impressive while it lasted, have to start a new one at Milwaukee.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:06 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:It was a good effort tonight considering AD was out. I thought Howard played magnificent. 10-10 from the floor scoring 20. FT shooting killed us this game. I was able to watch a lot of this game eventhough at work. The road winning streak was impressive while it lasted, have to start a new one at Milwaukee.

Absolutely great effort! I follow Laker Tom on Twitter and he thinks the Lakers need a third superstar to win the championship. He might be right, but I think that if HEALTHY, if Dwight and Rondo play at a high level in the playoffs and if Kuzma comes around in the third trimester of the season, I tend to disagree with that viewpoint. Free throws though. LeBron seems to miss them as he tires. We also know that he has never been Kobe Bryant in the last few minutes of a game. Maybe that is what Tom is thinking. HEY! Kobe is rested!!
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:03 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:It was a good effort tonight considering AD was out. I thought Howard played magnificent. 10-10 from the floor scoring 20. FT shooting killed us this game. I was able to watch a lot of this game eventhough at work. The road winning streak was impressive while it lasted, have to start a new one at Milwaukee.

Absolutely great effort! I follow Laker Tom on Twitter and he thinks the Lakers need a third superstar to win the championship. He might be right, but I think that if HEALTHY, if Dwight and Rondo play at a high level in the playoffs and if Kuzma comes around in the third trimester of the season, I tend to disagree with that viewpoint. Free throws though. LeBron seems to miss them as he tires. We also know that he has never been Kobe Bryant in the last few minutes of a game. Maybe that is what Tom is thinking. HEY! Kobe is rested!!

If Kuz can't GET RIGHT :pullhair: and Green/KCP aren't going to shoot like they want a ring, then we will be taken out in the 2nd or 3rd round.

That being said, limiting Bron to 35 min and letting Dwight get loose was a great move.

Iguodala for Quinn and some picks?
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:47 pm

lakerevolution wrote:If Kuz can't GET RIGHT :pullhair: and Green/KCP aren't going to shoot like they want a ring, then we will be taken out in the 2nd or 3rd round.

That being said, limiting Bron to 35 min and letting Dwight get loose was a great move.

Iguodala for Quinn and some picks?

KCP has been playing great and Danny Green is doing exactly what he should be doing. He's the best role player we have had since Derek Fisher. This team is clicking on all cylinders and will just get better, assuming good HEALTH! It is a chip-worthy team already.
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:29 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:

I am with you. I think we can win the championship with the roster we have now. We just have to be healthy. When healthy Kuzma is good.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:32 pm

Yeah I was catching flack at work earlier about the game, everyone knows I love the Lakers. It was all in good fun though because they know I like the Pacers as well. I have to admit when Oladipo comes back the Pacers will be no joke. Sabonis has turned into something special, Turner is good, and Brogdon is good. This lady at work got me as soon as I walked in the door today, saying how bout them Pacers. I have never seen so many crazy/happy people around here.
3Peatkb24

Return to LakerTalk