Game 9: 11/10/19 Raptors at Lakers GAME THREAD

Game 9: 11/10/19 Raptors at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:30 pm

(6-2) RAPTORS AT LAKERS (7-1)

Sunday, November 10, 2019, 6:30 PM PDT
Staples Center • Los Angeles, CA

Referees: Zach Zarba (#15), James Williams (#60), Leroy Richardson (#20)

Replay Center: Tony Brothers, Mousa Dagher, Pat Fraher

Line: Lakers -10.5

National TV: NBA League Pass
Local TV: Spectrum SportsNet

GAME PREVIEW: RAPTORS AT LAKERS

by NBA.com

The Toronto Raptors already looked to have their hands full with a matchup against the streaking Lakers in Los Angeles on Sunday. Then two of their top performers went down with injuries in the club's victory over the New Orleans Pelicans on Friday.

Guard Kyle Lowry, the Raptors' second-leading scorer at 21.8 points per game, sustained a fracture in his left thumb in the first quarter, and forward Serge Ibaka went down with a severe right ankle sprain in the second quarter.

Lowry will be re-evaluated in two weeks, the club announced Saturday. Ibaka, who was wearing a walking boot after the game, is out indefinitely.

"It was a Derrick Favors offensive rebound. I swiped down on the ball and it felt weird from the rip," said Lowry, referring to the Pelicans power forward. Lowry finished with six points and five assists in 16 minutes. "I kept playing through it and kept playing through it. Originally, we thought it was something in the nail bed because the nail bed turned black and blue."

Nonetheless, Pascal Siakam tied a career-high with 44 points as the visiting Raptors rolled past the Pelicans 122-104. Siakam, the NBA's Most Improved Player last season, connected on 17 of 28 shots from the floor, including 5 of 10 3 pointers as Toronto earned its fifth win in its past six contests. Siakam also had 10 rebounds.

Despite the loss of NBA Finals' MVP Kawhi Leonard to the Clippers via free agency and forward Danny Green departing for the Lakers, the defending champion Raptors have been one of the top clubs in the league. But the Lakers have been the best thus far, having won seven straight contests and are tied for the NBA's best record at 7-1. The Lakers haven't lost since a season-opening setback to the Clippers.

The Lakers posted a 95-80 win over the visiting Miami Heat on Friday. Anthony Davis had 26 points on 11-of-17 shooting, eight rebounds and seven assists to lead Los Angeles. Davis, second in the league in blocked shots, recorded three blocks and two steals against Miami.

LeBron James added 25 points and six assists. No other Los Angeles players reached double figures.

James had 12 of his points in the fourth quarter to help the Lakers to pull away. The Heat closed to within 78-71 in the fourth after trailing by as much as 14 in the third. But a 14-6 spurt, capped by consecutive 3-pointers by James, sealed the deal for the Lakers.

"I think he picks his spots on when to be assertive and when to play for his teammates," Lakers coach Frank Vogel said of James, according to the Los Angeles Times. "Throughout all that while he is picking his spots, he's going to be in attack mode. He is going to read the defense."

The Raptors are in the midst of a five-game road swing. They will clash with Leonard and the Clippers on Monday before games at the Portland Trail Blazers on Wednesday and the Dallas Mavericks on Saturday.

https://www.nba.com/games/20191110/TORLAL#/preview
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Re: Game 9: 11/10/19 Raptors at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:33 pm

Representing tonight!

On a more somber note, please send your TrueFan vibes and pray for my wife, Merry. Barring a minor miracle over the next 48 hours, she will be coming home and cared for by hospice, surrounded by family and friends for the remaining days of her remarkable journey.

Go Lakers!
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:19 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:Representing tonight!

On a more somber note, please send your TrueFan vibes and pray for my wife, Merry. Barring a minor miracle over the next 48 hours, she will be coming home and cared for by hospice, surrounded by family and friends for the remaining days of her remarkable journey.

Go Lakers!

My prayers are with you Brethren, best wishes to your wife. We are going to win the championship this year IMO. LeBron is playing like he was 5 years ago, AD is in his prime, Dwight is a maniac again on defense, Green is a deadly assassin from 3, and Vogel is coaching ass off. We will win tonight and easily to get to 8-1 :rthup:
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby Nycitylaker » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:24 pm

Sending you my best Laker vibes brother. Family! LFGL!
Nycitylaker

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:33 pm

Go Lakers!

Kenny -- you are such a great man, and you've been a great friend and husband to your wife. I'm honored to know you and everybody else who dares haunt these halls of Laker wisdom, but you've gone above and beyond to give this place a touch of class. I know this is a tough time for you but may you stay full of grace, strength and peace. We're here for you always.
lakerevolution

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:43 pm

As for our Lakers -- a simply terrible night from Bron, Kuz and Green. And KCP is so far useless, I wonder if we got jerked by signing him.
lakerevolution

Postby NuggetsCountry » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:44 pm

Go Lakers!

Damn Ken.

I am so sorry for your ponderous load. I feel your thoughts through your vibe on your posts that you have a dedication that is honored by your wife and your family. May God bless your path and lessen the oncoming load somehow. Prayers for you and Merry are coming from 9000' and washing down to your ocean path.

Sam will be waiting for all of us...................................
Image :yeahthat:
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

{ IMAGES }: 7

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:32 am

Thank you for your kind, thoughtful words and wishes, brethren. I will (try to remember to) continue to post the game threads throughout this painful time. The Lakers have always been my favorite distraction, even through the past 6 seasons. As for the game last night, great wake up call. Anyone who has written off the Raptors in the East is mistaken. Masai Ujiri is the best GM in the Association and both Pascal Siakam and Fred Van Vleet have elevated their games to a new level. The athleticism of that team blew my mind. Yes, we were due for a loss and will rebound, but Kuz is still trying to figure things out and I imagine that the coaching staff is trying to figure out how to make him fit. I believe that Rob Pelinka is going to do whatever it takes to win a chip this season, so stay tuned. BTW, all this talk about how great the Lakers defense has been, but I haven't read a thing about Pelinka yet. Let's give the man some credit! As for Rondo, what we are witnessing is some genius load management. He stays rested and the fans stay happy.
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:07 pm

Well the winning streak had to end sooner or later as we were due for a loss, still 7-2 on the season. Time to start a new streak.
3Peatkb24

Postby Lakers4Life » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:00 pm

My prayers are with you and your family Ken. Stay strong during these trying times. If you need anything don’t hesitate to ask.
Lakers4Life

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:14 pm

Regarding Kenny's situation, that is just who he is. He is a hell of a guy. I met him so I know. Too bad we couldn't of partied more but we still had like 3 beers a piece and a shot of whiskey too + some hot wings. He was in Indiana years ago and met me at a little bar in Indy. He was just like I pictured lol. I am so glad the Lakers are good again, we have waited for them to be good again since 2013. Patience has paid off :xclaphands:.

Out of my fandom I still rank my top 5 favorite championships in every sport as:
5. Lakers getting the 3Peat in 2002 = Kobe and Shaq, when we beat the Kings in the WCFinals, I felt like I was playing. I was exhausted mentally watching that series and my stomach was sick until it was over. A 3Peat is rare so that is a feat worth bragging about.

4. 1988 Lakers going back to back. That was just mindblowing when we done that. No team had that in 20 years at that time. Winning in 1987 is lumped in with that. IMO the best team ever.

3. Cubs winning the WS in 2016. Just unreal, I cried to be honest.

2. Colts winning the SB in 2006. Peyton was the man! Indiana got their championship!

1. The 1985 Lakers defeating the Boston Celtics to win it all. We had never beat Boston in a Finals. We beat them on their homecourt, demons gone. Magic, Kareem, and Worthy said we got this! Watching the Celtics fan cry and watching Bird, McHale, and Ainge cry was so priceless.
3Peatkb24

Return to LakerTalk