Game 6: 11/03/19 Lakers at Spurs GAME THREAD

Game 6: 11/03/19 Lakers at Spurs GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:18 am

(4-1) LAKERS AT SPURS (4-1)

Sunday, November 3, 2019, 4:00 PM PDT
AT&T Center • San Antonio, TX

Referees: Scott Foster (#48), Mark Ayotte (#56), Justin Van Duyne (#64)

Replay Center: Tony Brown, Kevin Scott

Line: Lakers -10 (Say what?)

National TV: NBA League Pass only Local TV: Spectrum SportsNet

GAME PREVIEW: LAKERS AT SPURS

by NBA.com

There should be plenty of fireworks between the San Antonio Spurs and the Los Angeles Lakers when the two teams meet on Sunday for the first time this season at the AT&T Center in the Alamo City.

The stakes always are higher and the spotlight a little brighter whenever the Lakers, LeBron James and his posse hit town, and that certainly will be the case on Sunday.

Though it's early in the season, both teams have shown that they can be among the elite in the loaded Western Conference. Each is 4-1 after five games and head into Sunday's game after impressive road wins on Friday: San Antonio over Golden State and Los Angeles over Dallas.

The Lakers' offseason makeover has been well documented as has the Spurs' practice of taking the under-the-radar route while pushing for their 23rd consecutive trip to the postseason, which would be a record in any North American sports league.

Patty Mills came off the bench to score 31 points on Friday to lead the Spurs to a 127-110 win at Golden State. LaMarcus Aldridge racked up 22 points for the Spurs, who were playing the second game of a road back-to-back and coming off their first loss of the season a night earlier against the Clippers in Los Angeles.

Mills was 6 of 9 from 3-point range and finished just three points shy of his career high of 34 points.

"We've taken a lot of pride in how we carry ourselves as a second unit and what we have to do in terms of changing the tempo of the game and bringing that energy," Mills said about the strong effort by the Spurs' bench. "Not only holding our own, but increasing that energy and effort level."

Rudy Gay added 16 points, Bryn Forbes had 14, DeMar DeRozan scored 13 points and contributed 11 assists, and Derrick White hit for 10 for the Spurs in the win. San Antonio played without starting point guard Dejounte Murray, who rested his surgically repaired right knee after the game on Thursday.

Aldridge, who had eight rebounds, broke the 8,000-rebound mark and became the first NBA player to reach the 8,000-rebound and 18,000-point milestones since he was drafted in 2006. A seven-time All-Star in his 14th season, he's racked up 18,689 points in his career.

James produced a triple-double (39 points, 16 assists and 12 rebounds) and helped rally the Lakers to a 119-110 overtime win at Dallas on Friday night. Los Angeles scored the first seven points in overtime and never trailed in the extra session.

Anthony Davis added 31 points and grabbed eight rebounds for the Lakers, who captured their fourth straight win. But the victory would not have been possible without former Spur Danny Green, who had 14 points, including a 3-pointer at the buzzer to force overtime.

"I've been in that situation multiple times, many times. And I've missed. Sometimes you're gonna miss," Green told the Los Angeles Times about the buzzer-beater. "It takes a lot of patience and a lot of failure. But you've gotta go take that next shot and don't worry about it."

The Lakers trailed by as many as 15 points in the game but turned things around in the second half.

"We just couldn't make a shot to start the game," James said. "But the most important thing, we continued to defend. That's what's always going to keep us in the game."

San Antonio owns an 89-82 all-time edge against the Lakers, including winning three of the four games between the two teams last season. The Spurs have taken 53 of the 86 games played against Los Angeles on their home court.

https://www.nba.com/games/20191103/LALSAS#/preview
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Re: Game 6: 11/03/19 Lakers at Spurs GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:23 am

I think it's time to start paying attention to the refs again now that we are relevant. Laker Hater Scott Foster will be looking to keep things close today. For the life of me, I don't understand why we're 10 point favorites, albeit Anthony Davis is a more dominant player than LaMarcus Aldridge and we all know what LeBrom James has done to DeMar DeRozan over the years. If it is strictly a matter of personnel matchups, I get it, but the Spurs are at home, where they rarely lose, and they still have Pop.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby srafrank » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:00 pm

How bout them LAKERS!!!!
Looking forward to this classic match. Danny & Kuzma rise to the occasion in a big way to bring us a Texas Massacre.
Kuzma :danc3: Green :danc3: Duel
srafrank

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:08 pm

BBBBBAAAAAMMMMMFFFFF!!!! :stopfire:

Beating the Horse Abusers in their corral would be more than OK :dedhors: . . . and like Bron says it all hangs on DEFENSE. We're starting to get in a groove early, and a methodical win tonight would only strengthen that process. Davis for the win.
lakerevolution

Postby Julius Russell » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:27 pm

Lakers are back back.... enjoy this season fellas
Julius Russell

Postby Nycitylaker » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:35 pm

When the lakeshow gives up big leads I start to feel like the sky is falling. Could be my Mets mentality. These tough games were losses last season aaaand the chemistry will get even better as the season goes. Enjoying not sleeping much more this season tan last. Staying up until 1am eastern feels better when there's a W at the end. LFGL
Nycitylaker

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:46 pm

Bron putting up a Kobe-esque 8-for-23 shooting night which included 0-for-6 from downtown . . else we may have had a little less tension down the stretch. BUT his double-digit boards and dimes provide the building blocks of our playoff-caliber pyramid. Looks like Kuz is going to take some time to warm up, and the 14 points from KCP are nice but we need him to show up every night.

The best part of a win like tonight's? LeBron 37 minutes. Davis 36 minutes. If we can get solid wins against good teams without load-mismanaging those two, Vogel will reap the rewards later in the season.

Which Western teams stand the best chance of getting 60+ wins?
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:20 pm

Frankie back in the house, Jesus back in the house, we are back baby. 5-1 now, 5 straight wins. Lakers all the way IMO, screw the Clippers. Rev are you ready to kick it up like the old days if the zombies/trolls come in "lol4: . We are for real brethren. Kenny my 55 win prediction may be too low :roflmao: . This team even has to have Nuggs excited :slamdunk: , time for Robert to bust out some raps too. Craig where you at man, it is our year!
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:12 am

Are my eyes deceiving me or is Dwight Howard playing close to prime Dwight defensively and on the glass? Dude was downright dominant last night! Kuzma is both rusty and acclimating himself to the new surroundings. He looks skinny, quicker and problematic as a small forward wing defender. Different guys are stepping up every game; tonight it was Bradley and KCP. This looks like a Frank Vogel coached team. Great D; O a work in progress!
KobeMVP888

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:12 am

Are my eyes deceiving me or is Dwight Howard playing close to prime Dwight defensively and on the glass? Dude was downright dominant last night! Kuzma is both rusty and acclimating himself to the new surroundings. He looks skinny, quicker and problematic as a small forward wing defender. Different guys are stepping up every game; tonight it was Bradley and KCP. This looks like a Frank Vogel coached team. Great defense; the offense is a work in progress!
KobeMVP888

Return to LakerTalk