Bleacher Report's top 10 players of all-time

Bleacher Report's top 10 players of all-time

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:08 pm

Bleacher Report came out today with its top 50 players of all-time. It is one of the worse lists I have ever seen putting it nicely. Here is their top 10:
10. Steph Curry
9. Wilt Chamberlain
8. Bill Russell
7. Tim Duncan
6. Shaq O'Neal
5. Larry Bird
4. Magic Johnson
3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
2. LeBron James
1. Michael Jordan

-Kobe Bryant was at 14 :WTFface: , that is insane. LeBron isn't better than Magic either. Because Magic played 30-40 years ago he keeps getting the short end of the stick on every list. Magic was a better leader compared to LeBron and he was more efficient than LeBron shooting a better FG% and FT%. He also is 5-4 in the Finals, LeBron is 3-6. I could even argue that Magic played against competition that was just as great as LeBron has if not better. People will say LeBron had to face the Warriors but I can say Magic had to play against the Celtics, Sixers, Pistons, and Bulls in the Finals. All of those teams were loaded.

Here is my top 10 as of now:
10. Bill Russell - His offensive deficiencies is why he is this low but 11 championships puts him in the top 10. He was also an exceptional defensive player and rebounder. He did play on loaded teams and I think it would be fair to say if someone like Tim Duncan was on those Celtics teams that the same result would've occurred.

9. Tim Duncan

8. Shaq O'Neal

7. Larry Bird

6. Wilt Chamberlain

5. LeBron James - Win a chip with the Lakers and you move up. He belongs here IMO. I can make several arguments to why the 4 players I have ahead him should be ahead of him. Most people that have LeBron 2nd probably did not watch 80's basketball either is my guess. Teams like the Celtics, Sixers, and Pistons were loaded during the 80's. Even teams like the Bulls, Rockets, Mavs, and Jazz were getting very good late in that decade. Having said all of that. LeBron is a great basketball player and great athlete. He belongs in the top 5 IMO. Glad he is a Laker right now.

4. Kobe Bryant - I just like his style better than LeBron's. He was more of a killer, a lot like Jordan was. Every time Kobe went into a Finals I always felt like the Lakers would win. I just haven't had that vibe with LeBron. With LeBron I had my doubts a lot when he entered the Finals. He beat up on a weak East for years to get to the Finals.

3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

2. Magic Johnson

1. Michael Jordan
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Re: Bleacher Report's top 10 players of all-time

Postby Lakers4Life » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:05 am

In what World is Steph Curry, Tim Duncan & Larry Bird better than Kobe?
Lakers4Life

Re: Bleacher Report's top 10 players of all-time

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:35 am

Lakers4Life wrote:In what World is Steph Curry, Tim Duncan & Larry Bird better than Kobe?

In nobody's world except Bleacher Reports I guess :roflmao: . Their list sucked.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Return to LakerTalk