Are you ready for some football?

Re: Are you ready for some football?

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:22 pm

Colts went into Arrowhead and took out the Chiefs. Hats off to our O.Line, QB, Defense, and Coach. The Chiefs have the best QB in the league and are nearly impossible to beat at home. I would say the Colts made a statement by winning this game. It was just another great win in Colts history. Colts are now 3-2 on the season and look like a playoff team as of now.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:25 pm

Colts are now 5-2 and have the 2nd best record in the AFC. Brissett is bad ass and the GOAT Vinatieri makes a 52 yard FG to beat the Broncos today 15-13. Colts rule baby! :kingclaphands:
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:35 am

As we look around the league after most teams have put 9 games under their belt, a lot of familiar things are taking shape . . .

The Patriots are still a machine in a division that has never challenged them in the Belicheck/Brady Era.

The rest of the AFC is a mish-mosh of avreage-to-bad teams that are either underachieving or dealing with lineup changes. Only KC stands out from the pack unless the Ravens and their young talented QB can pose a real threat to the Patriots.

As for the NFC, the Niners are the nearly-undefeated surprise of the season but their division rival Seahawks are some tough, scrappy muddafuggas and after a bye-week to get healthy, Seattle may be poised to solidify Wilson's MVP run. The Cowboys aren't for real and though undefeated at home the Vikes need to get a few road wins if they stand a chance of relevancy. Aaron Rodgers can do anything, but it's up to his Pack to back him up if they want to pose a threat to the machine-like Saints - who learned how to win games without Brees and now have the future HOFer back under center. December 8th vs. San Francisco in New Orleans will be huge.

Still can't believe Luck retired. Hopefully he'll return in some type of coaching capacity. The San Francisco Bay Area basically switched fan-wagoning from the disastrous Dubs to the Niners, with all the "real fans" suddenly wearing all the merchandise they had stashed in their closets.

Patriots/Ravens
Niners/Saints

Ravens/Niners rematch. This time no Kaepernick :waaaaa:
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:10 pm

lakerevolution wrote:As we look around the league after most teams have put 9 games under their belt, a lot of familiar things are taking shape . . .

The Patriots are still a machine in a division that has never challenged them in the Belicheck/Brady Era.

The rest of the AFC is a mish-mosh of avreage-to-bad teams that are either underachieving or dealing with lineup changes. Only KC stands out from the pack unless the Ravens and their young talented QB can pose a real threat to the Patriots.

As for the NFC, the Niners are the nearly-undefeated surprise of the season but their division rival Seahawks are some tough, scrappy muddafuggas and after a bye-week to get healthy, Seattle may be poised to solidify Wilson's MVP run. The Cowboys aren't for real and though undefeated at home the Vikes need to get a few road wins if they stand a chance of relevancy. Aaron Rodgers can do anything, but it's up to his Pack to back him up if they want to pose a threat to the machine-like Saints - who learned how to win games without Brees and now have the future HOFer back under center. December 8th vs. San Francisco in New Orleans will be huge.

Still can't believe Luck retired. Hopefully he'll return in some type of coaching capacity. The San Francisco Bay Area basically switched fan-wagoning from the disastrous Dubs to the Niners, with all the "real fans" suddenly wearing all the merchandise they had stashed in their closets.

Patriots/Ravens
Niners/Saints

Through 10 games, AFC South standings are:
Colts 6-4 - have beaten the Texans, have tiebreaker
Texans 6-4
Titans 5-5
Jags 4-6

Brissett says hold my beer, I got this. Go Colts baby! We trounced the Jags today.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:10 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:
lakerevolution wrote:As we look around the league after most teams have put 9 games under their belt, a lot of familiar things are taking shape . . .

Patriots/Ravens
Niners/Saints

Through 10 games, AFC South standings are:
Colts 6-4 - have beaten the Texans, have tiebreaker
Texans 6-4
Titans 5-5
Jags 4-6

Brissett says hold my beer, I got this. Go Colts baby! We trounced the Jags today.

To follow this up, the Colts are one scary group. I just watched their locker room presser after the game today and when Brissett spoke, that whole team listened and hugged him for being back. The Colts aren't playing around.
3Peatkb24

Postby NuggetsCountry » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:24 pm

Looks like it may be time to sit Rivers down.

I am starting to root for my team of my youth - Vikes.
Image :yeahthat:
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

{ IMAGES }: 7

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:20 pm

Can't believe how heavily the Colts relied on their ground game tonight! It was mostly working for them until Watson got hot and hit his favorite target DeAndre Hopkins. Sweet how Hopkins gave his TD catches to his mom, who is blind. I'm still not convinced by Houston though, and the Colts really let one slip away tonight.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:05 am

lakerevolution wrote:Can't believe how heavily the Colts relied on their ground game tonight! It was mostly working for them until Watson got hot and hit his favorite target DeAndre Hopkins. Sweet how Hopkins gave his TD catches to his mom, who is blind. I'm still not convinced by Houston though, and the Colts really let one slip away tonight.

Reich is a good coach but I thought he was way too run happy. We gave that game away. He needs to give Brissett more of a chance IMO.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:07 am

-After starting 5-2, my Colts finished the 2019 season 7-9. Disappointed but not shocking after Luck's retirement. The Colts still had 2 decades in a row where they were successful. From 2000-2009 the Colts were 115-45 in the regular season, winning a SB in 2006, making 2 SB's in 2006/2009, and making 3 AFC Title Games in 2003, 2006, and 2009 = great. From 2010-2019 the Colts were 82-78 in the regular season and making 1 AFC Title Game in 2014 = above average/respectable. The 2020 Free Agency and Draft will be critical for the Colts to get back on track. Peyton Manning's and Andrew Luck's do not grow on trees. Colts fans have been spoiled for 20 years.

-Kenny, congrats on the regular season that your 49ers have had, nobody seen that coming. #1 seed! Hopefully they can turn that into a long playoff run. I am sure you expect nothing less than an NFC Title Game appearance.

My SB pick this season is the Chiefs over Saints
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:46 pm

Congrats Kenny, the 49ers did it! They won the NFC. What are everyone's picks for the SB, KC Chiefs vs SF 49ers?
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:50 pm

Niners are solid on all sides. I'm pulling for them because nobody wants to see the Kansas City Chiefs as Super Bowl champs :waaaaa: . Interested to see how young Mahomes handles himself against the Niners' pass rush.

31 - 20 SF over KC, but it won't be that close.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:26 pm

lakerevolution wrote:Niners are solid on all sides. I'm pulling for them because nobody wants to see the Kansas City Chiefs as Super Bowl champs :waaaaa: . Interested to see how young Mahomes handles himself against the Niners' pass rush.

31 - 20 SF over KC, but it won't be that close.

Mahomes is the best QB I have seen in a long time. If he plays at the level that he has played at the last 2 seasons for the next 10 seasons or so, he can be as great as Brady and Manning when it is all said and done. Brady won 6 SB's and 3 League MVP's, Manning won 2 SB's and 5 League MVP's. Mahomes has a way to go to match those two and I doubt he will ever win 6 SB's like Brady or 5 League MVP's like Manning but I see him being the face of the league for the next decade. When one gets to a SB they have to take advantage of it, Mahomes better because winning 2 SB's as a starter doesn't happen much. Only 12 QB's in NFL history has won 2 or more. QB's like Rodgers and Brees haven't even done it, they are stuck on 1.

I love the 49ers defense, JImmy G is good too but not on Mahomes level. KC's defense seems to be better than last years team as well. I look at the coaching and you have Andy Reid vs Kyle Shanahan. Andy Reid has so much more experience in big games and his team keeps preaching do it for Andy as Andy has never won a SB.

I think KC wins a thriller and they do it for Andy Reid, KC 27 SF 24 is my prediction
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:10 am

As you know, I'm a 49ers fan first and a Bolts fan second. I'm excited!

HAVING SAID THAT, who doesn't love Patrick Mahomes? He's the diffrrence in this game, whether in a close game or a romp. Even though the Niners have won many different ways all season, I believe this will be more like the 48-45 win over the Saints, albeit with a different result. Call me silly, but take the over folks! Strong chance I'll be in Miami for this, BTW. I am flying to Jamaica in 2 days and my flight returns to LAZ through Miami on the 30th. I have dear lifelong friends who live in Miami Beach, so this is a chance to be among The Faithful in South Beach, gnaw on some Stone Crabs and spend time with old friends. Stay tuned, brethren!
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:13 pm

"My TrueFan friend went to the SB and all I got was this t-shirt" "lol4:

I respect the way Coach Kyle has had the Niners playing and it'll be a wicked one (I hope)! Safe travels and don't worry about the Game Day posts - enjoy!!
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:41 pm

Sorry about the loss Ken but KC just had too much. I picked KC to win it all before the season started actually. Mahomes is just on a different planet compared to everyone else. Your 49'ers still had a great season and shocked everyone by just making the SB. Here are the QB's that have won 2 or more SB's as a starter (only 12 have done it):
Tom Brady - won 6 but this belongs * (they are proven cheaters)
Terry Bradshaw - won 4
Joe Montana - won 4
Troy Aikman - won 3
Bart Starr, Bob Griese, Roger Staubach, Jim Plunkett, John Elway, Ben Roethlisberger, Eli Manning, and yes Peyton Manning - all won 2

Here is the question, will Patrick Mahomes win 2 SB's in his career? You would think it would be a simple yes but Drew Brees who won in 2009 and Aaron Rodgers who won in 2010 have only won 1. When they won, it was a decade ago and everyone assumed they would win at least 2. It took Peyton Manning forever to get #2, he won in his last season.
3Peatkb24

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk