Letting go and moving on . . .

Letting go and moving on . . .

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:55 pm

While we all had our varied and conflicting opinions about our young core, we got to know them and (mostly) embraced them as Lakers . . bridging us from the end of the Kobe era to now. Kyle Kuzma rightly ended up as the only remaining young prospect, and around the league from fans to players to analysts, Kuzma rose to the top as the most feared and respected one. That he is able to now be flanked by some of the best in the league means he can completely and fully get into being who he really is, and it won't be a surprise if his stats and effectiveness shoot up the charts.

THAT BEING SAID . . it was an interesting few years enduring the growing pains of Randle, Hart, Ball and Ingram. Each has their own unique skill set, and we'll have half-an-eye on their continued NBA careers no matter what. It's difficult to rate who was better for our squad, but a list (taking into account injuries, suspensions and all the miscellaneous ups-and-downs) would probably go something like this:

Randle - proven scorer, rebounder and all-around banger. I liked his fire and was devastated to see him miss his entire first season and his departure.

Ingram - another proven scorer and effective point and defender, though his Durant-like attitude got him into situations that may have distracted his pure game.

Ball - his potential never peaked partly due to Luke's rotations, his own tentativeness as a young man in a big league, and the injuries that kept him out, but the stats showed that he was becoming a contributor and definitely a quiet leader. Those shooting and free throw percentages were frustrating and will haunt him if he never picks them up.

Hart - he wowed as a bench spark and shocked the Summer League, but inconsistent play and limited minutes held him back. He should continue to grow as a strong 6th man.

Who knows -- one or more of them may return to the Lakers someday, but I wish them all well.
lakerevolution

Re: Letting go and moving on . . .

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:38 pm

As a TRUE FAN, how easy is it to move on and look forward to the new future? I for one, don't even bother to follow our former players other than occasionally looking at the box scores. OK, I did it more often for Randle, but apparently I covet him more than the league does for some reason. My guess is that David Griffin will waste little time to make this group a contender, which includes him moving one or more of our former young core. Like you, I wish them all the best, but I will always be invested in the Lake Show!
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Re: Letting go and moving on . . .

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:20 pm

You forgot Russell who was also one of ours and a 2nd pick. He had a very good year this past season but only made the all-star team because Oladipo was injured. He still turned out better than I thought he would but I am not sold on him making another all-star team. He is in the west again. I wanted Okafor but Okafor has been a bust so far so what do I know lol. Including all of the young guys we have had, I like Kuzma the best and we kept him which is wise. Out of the guys we have let go, I liked Randle the best.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Return to LakerTalk