2019 Free Agency Thread

Re: 2019 Free Agency Thread

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:03 pm

kjkirby wrote:If we can get Iggy on a buyout, barring any major injuries Lakers V Sixers for the chip

I think that's the plan. Pelinka wisely fit all these guys into the cap space and can now entice Iggy with the $4.8M Room Exception to accept a lower buyout with the Grizzlies, if they actually honor Iggy's wishes to be bought out. The problem is that they want to get value for him, so don't be surprised if he is traded to a contender. Who wouldn't want Andre Iguodala, even at his age? My bigger concern if he's bought out? The fucking Clippers. Fucking Jerry West!

Iggy is our missing piece. Then we still have one more roster spot. Maybe Ryan Anderson? Korver? Faried? Nene? Noah? The problem will be promising minutes to anyone because WE'RE DEEP!

Oh, and it will be the Lakers-Bucks, not the Sixers IMO.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:33 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
kjkirby wrote:If we can get Iggy on a buyout, barring any major injuries Lakers V Sixers for the chip

I think that's the plan. Pelinka wisely fit all these guys into the cap space and can now entice Iggy with the $4.8M Room Exception to accept a lower buyout with the Grizzlies, if they actually honor Iggy's wishes to be bought out. The problem is that they want to get value for him, so don't be surprised if he is traded to a contender. Who wouldn't want Andre Iguodala, even at his age? My bigger concern if he's bought out? The fucking Clippers. Fucking Jerry West!

Iggy is our missing piece. Then we still have one more roster spot. Maybe Ryan Anderson? Korver? Faried? Nene? Noah? The problem will be promising minutes to anyone because WE'RE DEEP!

I'm not sure Lew Alcindor's former team is ready to be Finalists. Brooklyn will show out and yes Philly will be one year seasoned in this playoff run thing. Not that we've ever paid too much attention to this Eastern bullshit - Bird and Jordan were the only blips on the screen on our run to titles (special shout out to Paulina and his wheelchair).

I bet Kobe wishes he could return on a one-year contract . . hopefully he's getting some playground run with the fellas.
lakerevolution

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:45 am

A few opinions from the webs regarding Pelinka's moves:

1) Boogie is one of the slowest players in the NBA and coupled with his leg injuries we'l have to hope he has some heart to go to war with LeBron. Some think we should have gone after Kenneth Faried instead, but there are a bunch of guys on this roster now who probably grew up idolizing the Shaq/Kobe Lakers and dreaming of playing in front of the Laker crowd, and that's huge. Hopefully health and a quick gelling process will combine to get us out of the gate quickly.

2) Outside of passing, Rondo's stats are not as good as Caruso's and who gets more minutes (and when) is going to be interesting. Justin Holiday was available, but you can't beat continuity. This will be one of Vogel's (and Kidd's) biggest challenges - developing rosters and looks that maximize all of our strengths.

3) Bringing KCP back for the money spent (2 years $16mil) might have been too much love for a 3&D guy who didn't have a brilliant second half. Marcus Morris was available, but again you can't put a price tag on continuity. With more skilled veterans around him, KCP should be highly motivated to get back to being the clutch guy we need him to be.

This is a real team now!! One we can fully support and get behind. I see good times ahead!
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:30 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:

I have Lakers/Bucks too, Sixers losing Redick will screw them. Rob was a genius with the cap. That guy is sharp.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:32 pm

As for Boogie's slothfullness, who gives a fuck? If the Lakers want a fast pace, you go with JaVale or Kuz, Brow, Bron, Danny Green and Bradley or Cook. If Vogel decides to wear the fast pace teams down with body punches, we have Boogie-Brow-Bron-Green-Rondo. We have an extremely diverse, versatile VETERAN roster that can play any style of basketball.

Once the PRACTICE SEASON is over, #17 comin' up STRONG!! HEALTH .. HEALTH ... HEALTH!!!
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:44 pm

Bradley has not been the same player since his surgery to repair his right adductor and has also suffered multiple lower extremity injuries to his groin and ankles the past two seasons that have slowed him down. He did play well and put up nice numbers with Memphis the last 14 games last season. In 2016, he was First Team All-Defense and he's a career 36% 3pt shooter and shot 38.4% with Memphis last season. He is only 28, so if he is 100% healthy, there's no reason why he shouldn't be in his prime.

If healthy, Avery Bradley is a better player than Patrick Beverley for 1/3 the cost IMO. I can see him starting alongside Danny Green, which would improve our perimeter defense. But HEALTH is the key to this former Doc coached tough guy. You gotta love what Rob has done. He has created a lot of competition within this team of veterans.
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:59 pm

If Bradley can stay healthy he will be a nice addtion. He is a great defender. I still hope we can add either Korver or Iggy. On paper there are 5 real scary teams in the west being the Lakers, Clippers, Blazers, Jazz, and do not count out the Warriors if Klay returns by the all-star break. They still have Curry, Green, and Klay. Remember the Blazers did not have Nurkic last season during the playoffs and still made the WCF. They beat Denver without Nurkic in round 2 without HCA. With Nurkic back they will be dangerous. The Jazz have a nice solid roster too. I have a feeling the Rockets take a step back this year, same with Denver.

I do not like the idea of LeBron playing point guard. I do not like the idea of him bringing it up the floor, that is too much wear and tear on his body and he isn't the ball handler that Magic was. I want him at the 3 making plays.

IMO the Lakers best lineup would be:
PG Cook because he is a great 3 point shooter
SG Green
SF LeBron
PF Davis - great rim protector and can even shoot 3's at times
C Boogie
-I see Kuzma as a lethal 6th man and he can play the 4 when in and just move Davis to the 5. Of course McGee is a 5 also.
3Peatkb24

Postby NuggetsCountry » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:58 pm

Looks like we got some serviceable vets coming in for a change!

PS. I updated a few of the pictures in the top band. More to come once we get some more pics of our new squad and schedule.
Image :yeahthat:
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

{ IMAGES }: 7

Postby lakerevolution » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:15 pm

NuggetsCountry wrote:Looks like we got some serviceable vets coming in for a change!

PS. I updated a few of the pictures in the top band. More to come once we get some more pics of our new squad and schedule.

Thanks Nuggs! Always appreciated :grouphug:
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:13 pm

NuggetsCountry wrote:Looks like we got some serviceable vets coming in for a change!

I seen that, looks great Nuggs. Thanks.
3Peatkb24

Previous

Return to LakerTalk