2019 NBA Playoffs

Re: 2019 NBA Playoffs

Postby lakerevolution » Wed May 01, 2019 4:31 pm

So far my predictions are on-point except I didn't see OKC going belly-up so quickly. Didn't dream the Spurs would take the Nuggets to seven games either, but Denver looked great against Portland in Game One. I still say Warriors over Celtics in 6 games.
User avatar
lakerevolution
 
Posts: 2296
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:36 pm
Has thanked: 177 times
Been thanked: 355 times

Re: 2019 NBA Playoffs

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed May 01, 2019 5:09 pm

lakerevolution wrote:So far my predictions are on-point except I didn't see OKC going belly-up so quickly. Didn't dream the Spurs would take the Nuggets to seven games either, but Denver looked great against Portland in Game One. I still say Warriors over Celtics in 6 games.


Yeah I had the Warriors over the Celtics as well but in 7. The Warriors will get tested in that series IMO but still find a way to win it all.
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 6062
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 860 times
Been thanked: 359 times

Re: 2019 NBA Playoffs

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri May 03, 2019 7:31 pm

Is Mr Giannis in please, I say Mr Giannis :roflmao: . Go Bucks! 2-1 now over the Pukes. HCA now with the Deer.
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 6062
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 860 times
Been thanked: 359 times

Re: 2019 NBA Playoffs

Postby lakerevolution » Fri May 03, 2019 7:43 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:Is Mr Giannis in please, I say Mr Giannis :roflmao: . Go Bucks! 2-1 now over the Pukes. HCA now with the Deer.


Yeah I think the Bucks have them figured out -- I wouldn't mind seeing these dysfunctional Celtics bounced out. Milwaukee and Philly is going to be a great matchup.
User avatar
lakerevolution
 
Posts: 2296
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:36 pm
Has thanked: 177 times
Been thanked: 355 times

Re: 2019 NBA Playoffs

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed May 08, 2019 8:33 pm

I was wrong about Boston but glad I was. They are now going fishing. I would be fine with the Bucks winning the East. I am glad the Pukes got stomped out! This makes Lakers fans all around the nation happy :cheers:
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 6062
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 860 times
Been thanked: 359 times

Re: 2019 NBA Playoffs

Postby lakerevolution » Wed May 08, 2019 10:48 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:I was wrong about Boston but glad I was. They are now going fishing. I would be fine with the Bucks winning the East. I am glad the Pukes got stomped out! This makes Lakers fans all around the nation happy :cheers:


Johnny Most would call it a "most disgusting" affair. Basically swept except for the Bucks' first game jitters. Lew Alcindor reborn in Giannis. So glad Boston crumbled like blue cheese. Rockets shoulda won tonight, but hey home cooking. Go Sharks! Go A's! Big sports night for my area tonight, the San Jose Sharks advance and the A's are into extra innings with the Reds.

Warriors won tonight, but KD aka Durantula :waaaaa: may have twinged his achilles. Dude's knees are gonna be gone by age 40 :pissedkobe:
User avatar
lakerevolution
 
Posts: 2296
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:36 pm
Has thanked: 177 times
Been thanked: 355 times

Re: 2019 NBA Playoffs

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu May 09, 2019 12:36 am

lakerevolution wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:I was wrong about Boston but glad I was. They are now going fishing. I would be fine with the Bucks winning the East. I am glad the Pukes got stomped out! This makes Lakers fans all around the nation happy :cheers:


Johnny Most would call it a "most disgusting" affair. Basically swept except for the Bucks' first game jitters. Lew Alcindor reborn in Giannis. So glad Boston crumbled like blue cheese. Rockets shoulda won tonight, but hey home cooking. Go Sharks! Go A's! Big sports night for my area tonight, the San Jose Sharks advance and the A's are into extra innings with the Reds.

Warriors won tonight, but KD aka Durantula :waaaaa: may have twinged his achilles. Dude's knees are gonna be gone by age 40 :pissedkobe:


That may be an Achilles, that did not look good. They are up 3-2 though with Game 7 at home if necessary. That team is so deep that they could still win the Championship without KD. If Steph and Klay play lights out then they will still be a tough out. Green and Iggy will just contribute more. I am hoping they do not 3Peat because I love the fact we are the last team in NBA history to do so from 2000-2002.
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 6062
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 860 times
Been thanked: 359 times

Re: 2019 NBA Playoffs

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat May 11, 2019 12:34 am

Well, no Durant no problem. Dynasty defeat the Floppers 4-2 and advance to the WCFinals. Durant's injury was a calf strain so he will be back in about a week. Looks like they will 3Peat to me.
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 6062
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 860 times
Been thanked: 359 times

Re: 2019 NBA Playoffs

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sun May 12, 2019 3:31 pm

What a GREAT GAME 7. OLD STYLE!!! Glad LeBron isn't in the playoffs this season on weird level. These have been great games!
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #17 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
User avatar
KobeMVP888
 
Posts: 2902
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:16 pm
Has thanked: 321 times
Been thanked: 488 times

Re: 2019 NBA Playoffs

Postby lakerevolution » Thu May 16, 2019 4:12 pm

I said before the series started that the Dubs would sweep. After Game One I see no reason to change my mind. This team has too many weapons, too much heart and too much playoff experience. If they're really hungry and really want to send Oakland and Oracle a grand farewell, they'll play like they did in 2015, -16 and -18 and run the Blazers off the court. Milwaukee will be a different story, especially if Durant can return.
User avatar
lakerevolution
 
Posts: 2296
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:36 pm
Has thanked: 177 times
Been thanked: 355 times

Re: 2019 NBA Playoffs

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu May 16, 2019 4:56 pm

lakerevolution wrote:I said before the series started that the Dubs would sweep. After Game One I see no reason to change my mind. This team has too many weapons, too much heart and too much playoff experience. If they're really hungry and really want to send Oakland and Oracle a grand farewell, they'll play like they did in 2015, -16 and -18 and run the Blazers off the court. Milwaukee will be a different story, especially if Durant can return.


It's about being remembered as one of the greatest teams ever like Riles used to say in the 80's. The 1988 Lakers will always be remembered as the team that was the 1st to Repeat in 20 seasons. No team had Repeated since the 1969 Celtics until the 88 Lakers did it. The 90's Bulls will be remembered for winning 6 championships in the same decade with 2 3Peat's. The Kobe/Shaq Lakers from 2000-2002 will be remembered because they 3Peated. The Warriors are now shooting for history and going for the 3Peat from 2017-2019.
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 6062
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 860 times
Been thanked: 359 times

Re: 2019 NBA Playoffs

Postby lakerevolution » Thu May 16, 2019 11:12 pm

In a Durantless and LeBronless playoffs, Steph's team has the upper hand. I can easily see KD leaving while he's still young to pursue a new challenge with a team he can call his own. The circle is complete. Klay may leave too, Iggy may retire. Steph will continue to attract big-name talent.
User avatar
lakerevolution
 
Posts: 2296
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:36 pm
Has thanked: 177 times
Been thanked: 355 times

Re: 2019 NBA Playoffs

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri May 17, 2019 12:20 am

lakerevolution wrote:In a Durantless and LeBronless playoffs, Steph's team has the upper hand. I can easily see KD leaving while he's still young to pursue a new challenge with a team he can call his own. The circle is complete. Klay may leave too, Iggy may retire. Steph will continue to attract big-name talent.


Rev

At this point, this Warriors team if they 3Peat deserve to be mentioned with the 80's Lakers who won 5 and got a Repeat. 90's Bulls who won 6 and had 2 3Peat's. The 2000-2002 Lakers who 3Peated. The 80's Celtics because of their 86 team is in this as well.

Here is what is startling gentleman, shouldn't a LeBron team be mentioned with them if he is the so-called GOAT or 2nd greatest player of all-time like many says he is? Instead it is Curry and Durant being mentioned. When LeBron joined the Heat in 2011, his teams should've won 4 in a row in reality but only won 2 of 4. LeBron should've never lost with Wade and Bosh and Allen. Spurs made them look like dog doo doo in 2014 :fanshithit:. LeBron lost to Dirk with HCA in 2011, biggest choke ever.
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 6062
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 860 times
Been thanked: 359 times

Re: 2019 NBA Playoffs

Postby lakerevolution » Fri May 17, 2019 5:40 am

I promised myself I would stop bashing LeBron. His extended time missed due to injury was the only suspect thing that bothered me. As far as where he'll land among the all-time greats, it'll always be debated. Certainly he, Kobe and the undisputed Jordan will always be in the discussion.
User avatar
lakerevolution
 
Posts: 2296
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:36 pm
Has thanked: 177 times
Been thanked: 355 times

Re: 2019 NBA Playoffs

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri May 17, 2019 8:55 am

lakerevolution wrote:I promised myself I would stop bashing LeBron. His extended time missed due to injury was the only suspect thing that bothered me. As far as where he'll land among the all-time greats, it'll always be debated. Certainly he, Kobe and the undisputed Jordan will always be in the discussion.


I know, I seem to come off as a LeBron hater but in reality I just list facts. LeBron is an all-time great and only a fool would say he isn't. Having said that, IMO he definitely isn't better than Jordan or Magic. Kobe/LeBron debate is reasonable but I like Kobe's killer instinct better. I would rather have Bird in crunch time to be honest if I need a huge shot and Kareem has a better resume than all of these guys. I would take Shaq over LeBron if I was starting a team as well. That is a short list of players I just threw out so my hate for LeBron is really overrated, I just question if he is top 5 ever. If I have LeBron 6th or 7th of all-time out of a million players, is that really being hater? :waaaaa: .

In the end a lot of it is about winning championships. LeBron has 3 like Bird and Shaq has more with 4. Like in Football, I rank Peyton Manning the 3rd best QB ever because he wasn't as great as Brady or Montana when it counted. Peyton still won 2 SB's but Brady has 6 and Montana has 4. The only other QB's that have won more SB's than Peyton are Bradshaw with 4 and Aikman with 3 but those guys didn't have near the MVP's that Peyton had. Peyton won 5 MVP's, Bradshaw 1, Aikman 0. That shows the worth of those QB's. Bradshaw and Aikman were on stacked teams and basically just did not have to fuck it up :roflmao: .
User avatar
3Peatkb24
 
Posts: 6062
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 am
Has thanked: 860 times
Been thanked: 359 times

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: lakerevolution and 2 guests