Magic steps down

Magic steps down

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:13 pm

Y'all know my wish list. Pelinka must leave, too.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Re: Magic steps down

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:29 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:

Y'all know my wish list. Pelinka must leave, too.

You got your wish Ken, nobody even seen this coming. I am not sure why Pelinka would stay now. Who do we even hire? This is a huge summer coming up.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:51 pm

I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:07 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:

Nobody seen it coming. I am listening to sports talk radio right now and Jeanie didn't see this coming either. It could be a thing where he just simply was miserable and wasn't happy. He probably figures why deal with the stress at this point in his life. We have the biggest summer in franchise history coming up and we have no idea who can even do a good job for the team.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:31 pm

:pissedkobe: :Nutskick: :redcard: :confused: :WTFface: :deskbang: :sos: :scream:

He really backed up all that shit he talked about Jimmy and the rest of the franchise, didn't he? We're the 2001 Wizards now.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:05 pm

lakerevolution wrote::pissedkobe: :Nutskick: :redcard: :confused: :WTFface: :deskbang: :sos: :scream:

He really backed up all that shit he talked about Jimmy and the rest of the franchise, didn't he? We're the 2001 Wizards now.

Yeah what do we do now? :fanshithit:
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:12 pm

Here's the opportunity that Jeanie Buss has to listen to some basketball people who can tell her what the Lakers need to do to be a part of the new NBA. They need to hire someone OUTSIDE THE ORGANIZATION FOR A CHANGE! They need to fire Pelinka. David Griffin certainly knows what it is like to put a team around LeBron James, so he has to be a consideration. There are plenty of other guys who have worked under great GMs who are available, too. I am happy about this and I think this team will surprise next season. But Pelinka MUST GO for that to happen. I also hope that Luke Walton stays.
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:23 am

Of course it is Stephen A Smith but according to him, Magic and Jeanie wanted to go in a different direction so Magic just quit. Magic wanted to fire Luke and wanted Pelinka gone as well. Jeanie did not. These are rumors but we will find out shortly! We know if Luke stays and Pelinka keeps his job, this is probably true. Think what you want about Magic but I would've been on his side getting rid of Luke and Pelinka. I do not think Luke is the right coach for LeBron, JMO. Most people around the league do not like Pelinka either. Magic thinks of Jeanie like a sister and so he probably said fuck this, I do not want to clash with her so I am out of here.

In Magic's tenure, he is responsible for signing LeBron James - we needed a big name here/a Star, getting rid of Mozgov's horrible contract, drafting Kuzma and Ball, and signing Javele McGee. All were great moves. I can see why Magic wanted to get rid of Luke, most new President of Op's/GM's want to hire their own coach like Ballard did Reich with the Colts. Theo got his guy in Joe Maddon as well when he took over with the Cubs. This is common place in sports. That makes total sense to me. Magic wanted his guy. One last thing Magic did was leave this team with major cap room where they can go out and get anyone they want. He left the Lakers in good shape in reality unlike what Mitch and Jimmy did.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:07 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:Of course it is Stephen A Smith but according to him, Magic and Jeanie wanted to go in a different direction so Magic just quit. Magic wanted to fire Luke and wanted Pelinka gone as well. Jeanie did not. These are rumors but we will find out shortly! We know if Luke stays and Pelinka keeps his job, this is probably true. Think what you want about Magic but I would've been on his side getting rid of Luke and Pelinka. I do not think Luke is the right coach for LeBron, JMO. Most people around the league do not like Pelinka either. Magic thinks of Jeanie like a sister and so he probably said fuck this, I do not want to clash with her so I am out of here.

In Magic's tenure, he is responsible for signing LeBron James - we needed a big name here/a Star, getting rid of Mozgov's horrible contract, drafting Kuzma and Ball, and signing Javele McGee. All were great moves. I can see why Magic wanted to get rid of Luke, most new President of Op's/GM's want to hire their own coach like Ballard did Reich with the Colts. Theo got his guy in Joe Maddon as well when he took over with the Cubs. This is common place in sports. That makes total sense to me. Magic wanted his guy. One last thing Magic did was leave this team with major cap room where they can go out and get anyone they want. He left the Lakers in good shape in reality unlike what Mitch and Jimmy did.

I agree with most of that, most importantly that the Lakers are left in good shape and that Pelinka must go. I disagree about Luke though, but reasonable minds will differ. Now it is time for stability and we have a chance to salvage what is left of that. LeBron-BI-Lonzo-Kuzma-Hart-Wagner-Caruso .. and I will add JaVale McGee to that .. all should stay. I also think this Jemerrio Jones kid is a unique player who rebounds like Rodman and defends like Tony Allen and would be a nice plug and play guy. Anyway, I am hoping this is our chance to clean the slate and restore our reputation around the league. Hopefully Pelinka is relieved of his duties tomorrow. My concern is that Jeanie Buss doesn't know what the fuck she is doing to hire the right GM (we don't need a President of Basketball Operations, unless it is Jerry West, who clearly hates the Lakers now). Joey Buss, Ryan West and Jesse Buss are the smart basketball minds in the organization and have done a solid job drafting for the most part (they passed on Mitchell Robinson for Moe Wagner though), so maybe they should be consulted now. Also, Antawn Jamison is a part of the front office, perhaps a GM consideration, as is Kurt Rambis a consultant (ugggh). This will be interesting.
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:02 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:Of course it is Stephen A Smith but according to him, Magic and Jeanie wanted to go in a different direction so Magic just quit. Magic wanted to fire Luke and wanted Pelinka gone as well. Jeanie did not. These are rumors but we will find out shortly! We know if Luke stays and Pelinka keeps his job, this is probably true. Think what you want about Magic but I would've been on his side getting rid of Luke and Pelinka. I do not think Luke is the right coach for LeBron, JMO. Most people around the league do not like Pelinka either. Magic thinks of Jeanie like a sister and so he probably said fuck this, I do not want to clash with her so I am out of here.

I agree with most of that, most importantly that the Lakers are left in good shape and that Pelinka must go. I disagree about Luke though, but reasonable minds will differ. Now it is time for stability and we have a chance to salvage what is left of that. LeBron-BI-Lonzo-Kuzma-Hart-Wagner-Caruso .. and I will add JaVale McGee to that .. all should stay. I also think this Jemerrio Jones kid is a unique player who rebounds like Rodman and defends like Tony Allen and would be a nice plug and play guy. Anyway, I am hoping this is our chance to clean the slate and restore our reputation around the league. Hopefully Pelinka is relieved of his duties tomorrow. My concern is that Jeanie Buss doesn't know what the fuck she is doing to hire the right GM (we don't need a President of Basketball Operations, unless it is Jerry West, who clearly hates the Lakers now). Joey Buss, Ryan West and Jesse Buss are the smart basketball minds in the organization and have done a solid job drafting for the most part (they passed on Mitchell Robinson for Moe Wagner though), so maybe they should be consulted now. Also, Antawn Jamison is a part of the front office, perhaps a GM consideration, as is Kurt Rambis a consultant (ugggh). This will be interesting.

Yeah I agree with most of what you just said too. I am just not sold on Luke like you are. I have seen no evidence that LeBron likes playing for him. Like you, I am not sold on Jeanie being able to run a team either. I love her like Magic because she feels like family, hell I have been a Lakers fan since the late 70's. Magic did leave the team in good shape. That is what I take from this. Tons of cap space and we still have Kuzma and Ball and Ingram + LeBron. I have seen worse FO's do worse, a lot worse actually. The 1 blunder that bothers me is, he didn't re-sign Randle. That was a blunder.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:29 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:Yeah I agree with most of what you just said too. I am just not sold on Luke like you are. I have seen no evidence that LeBron likes playing for him. Like you, I am not sold on Jeanie being able to run a team either. I love her like Magic because she feels like family, hell I have been a Lakers fan since the late 70's. Magic did leave the team in good shape. That is what I take from this. Tons of cap space and we still have Kuzma and Ball and Ingram + LeBron. I have seen worse FO's do worse, a lot worse actually. The 1 blunder that bothers me is, he didn't re-sign Randle. That was a blunder.

You've seen my list of blunders.

1) Trading Lou Williams
2) Not getting enough in the D-Lo trade
3) Not re-signing Randle
4) Not re-signing Brook Lopez
5) Not getting any 3 point shooting to surround LeBron, but
6) Signing Rondo, Beasley and Lance, and
7) The stupid Ivica Zubac dump to the fucking Clippers.

I wouldn't say that drafting Moe Wagner when Mitchell Robinson was available a "blunder" because the draft is such a crapshoot, but Robinson had through the roof potential while anyone could see that Wagner was just a poor man's Frank Kaminsky. Hopefully, Wagner proves me wrong, but he has looked pretty damn awful so far.

HAVING SAID THAT, he's a hard worker with a great attitude and the Lakers should keep him and develop him into a reliable rotation stretch stiff 4 or 5.
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:42 pm

What happened to Kamisky?
lakerevolution

Postby NuggetsCountry » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:10 pm

I hope they fix the Lakers brand by the time I get back.

I am off to vaca in South America for 4 weeks. I'll catch ya all when I'm back, if I don't get some horrid malady while down there!

"mexsmok: :chug: :barf:
Image :yeahthat:
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

{ IMAGES }: 7

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:05 pm

NuggetsCountry wrote:I hope they fix the Lakers brand by the time I get back.

I am off to vaca in South America for 4 weeks. I'll catch ya all when I'm back, if I don't get some horrid malady while down there!

Pick up the next Ginobli while you're down there. Sing "Don't Cry For Me Argentiiiiiiinaaaaa" :roflmao: and maybe they'll sympathize and let you scout some talent. Enjoy your trip and don't go all Amazon Marlon Brando Heart Of Darkness Apocalypse Now on us.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:22 am

NuggetsCountry wrote:I hope they fix the Lakers brand by the time I get back.

Enjoy Nuggs. We are both 2 time Champs in our league, all I would have to do is tell those South American women I am a 2-time Champ where the mighty Nuggs plays and you would probably find me in bed with all kind of women :waaaaa: . All kidding aside Brethren enjoy your trip, the Lakers are a mess so get your mind off of it and if healthy enough have a beer for me too :cheers: . Unfortunately nothing can top Magic or Kobe, at least we witnessed that stuff :slamdunk:
3Peatkb24

Next

Return to LakerTalk