Game 60: 02/25/19 Lakers at Grizzlies GAME THREAD

Game 60: 02/25/19 Lakers at Grizzlies GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:07 am

(29-30) LAKERS AT GRIZZLIES (23-38)

Monday, February 25, 2019, 5:00 PM PDT
FedExForum • Memphis, TN

Referees: Ken Mauer (#41), Tyler Ford (#39), Leon Wood (#40)

Replay Center: Mousa Dagher, Mark Lindsay, Brett Nansel, Aaron Smith

Line: Lakers -5

Local TV: Spectrum SportsNet

GAME PREVIEW: LAKERS AT GRIZZLIES

by NBA.com

The Los Angeles Lakers will try to regain traction heading into the stretch run of the season.

They will visit the Memphis Grizzlies on Monday, two nights after an uninspiring effort in a 128-115 loss at the New Orleans Pelicans, who were resting star center Anthony Davis.

Before heading out on a two-game road trip to New Orleans and Memphis, the Lakers hosted the Houston Rockets and delivered one of their best performances of the season in a 111-106 victory. The Lakers are 10th in the Western Conference, chasing one of the eight playoff spots.

"We have, what -- 23 games left?" said Lakers star LeBron James. "We'll see what happens."

The Grizzlies long ago abandoned their playoff hopes. They have lost four in a row to fall to 23-38.

Jonas Valanciunas, who left a playoff-bound team earlier this month when the Toronto Raptors traded him to Memphis for fellow center Marc Gasol, hadn't lost four in a row in the past two seasons with the Raptors.

"Losing stinks," Valanciunas said. "We're trying to learn how to win games."

The Lakers and Grizzlies split two meetings earlier this season.

Los Angeles was coming off a loss at the San Antonio Spurs the night before when it traveled to Memphis and bounced back with a 111-88 win on Dec. 8. James and Kyle Kuzma each scored 20 points for the Lakers in the win.

On Dec. 23 in Los Angeles, the Grizzlies bounced back with 107-99 win, which ended a five-game losing streak.

James strained his groin two days later in a Christmas Day win against the Golden State Warriors and missed the next 17 games. The Lakers went 6-11 without James and have continued to hover around .500 in the eight games since his return.

James, who has played in the past eight NBA Finals with the Cleveland Cavaliers and Miami Heat, hasn't liked what he has seen lately.

"The last few years, everyone's so accustomed to the losses that I'm just not accustomed to," James said, referring to his current teammates. "I'm not accustomed to it. I will never get comfortable with losing. "

Particularly frustrating has been the demise of the Los Angeles defense, especially away from home. They Lakers have allowed at least 115 points in nine straight road games, which ties the franchise record.

Lakers point guard Rajon Rondo, another Los Angeles player with playoff experience, said the Lakers need to reach deeper on defense.

"We have no other choice," he said.

"It's either we do or we don't. We do, we make the playoffs, and still with that mindset if we do, if we get in the playoffs we can easily get swept in four games. So we have to start buying into the scouting report and start buying into each other and start to play for each other a lot more."

Chandler Parsons has played the past two games for the Grizzlies after missing 56 games with a recurring knee injury. Parsons, 30, has seen his scoring average drop in each of the past five seasons, from 16.6 points a game with the Houston Rockets in 2013-14 to 4.8 in five games this season.

http://www.nba.com/games/20190225/LALMEM#/preview
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Re: Game 60: 02/25/19 Lakers at Grizzlies GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:08 am

Wanna make some money? Bet the Grizz. I may not even watch.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:26 pm

"The last few years, everyone's so accustomed to the losses that I'm just not accustomed to," James said, referring to his current teammates. "I'm not accustomed to it. I will never get comfortable with losing. "

Particularly frustrating has been the demise of the Los Angeles defense, especially away from home. They Lakers have allowed at least 115 points in nine straight road games, which ties the franchise record."

Sounds like the team is in disarray.

Who could step in and coach this "team" into shape?
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:17 pm

Sell the team. Clean house in the front office. Trade LeBron.
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:18 pm

Ok it's official, we suck WITH the "best player on the planet" healthy. I swear I wish we all could just sit the FO and coaches down and ask WHY ARE WE SO FAULTY??? We have Rondo, Lance, Tyson, JaVale, LeBron, Ingram, Kuz and a coach who's seen it all, a front office who's seen it all, and of course the PRIDE that should be there! This shit is starting to remind me of the Raiders' slow demise into laughingstock. My Dodgers have yet to recover from the 80s as well. My entire sports world is fucked right now.
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:22 pm

Leon Wood has always hated the Lakers.
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:44 pm

lakerevolution wrote:Ok it's official, we suck WITH the "best player on the planet" healthy. I swear I wish we all could just sit the FO and coaches down and ask WHY ARE WE SO FAULTY??? We have Rondo, Lance, Tyson, JaVale, LeBron, Ingram, Kuz and a coach who's seen it all, a front office who's seen it all, and of course the PRIDE that should be there! This shit is starting to remind me of the Raiders' slow demise into laughingstock. My Dodgers have yet to recover from the 80s as well. My entire sports world is fucked right now.

Dodgers are Very Good Rev, borderline Great.They just need that ring in this era. They went to back to back WS's. The Dodgers are the 90's Jazz right now and nothing wrong with that compared to the mess we are watching with the Lakers. As far as our Lakers go, I am just disgusted right now and at a loss for words. Hard to explain why we are losing to some of the bad teams we are losing too. Part of it is injuries and chemistry but we still should be a playoff team with LeBron on the roster. Very puzzling stuff going on in Lakers Land!
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:46 pm

I have nothing more to add than what I said after the previous loss.

1. Sell the team.
2. Clean out the front office
3. Trade LeBron James.
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:29 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:I have nothing more to add than what I said after the previous loss.

1. Sell the team.
2. Clean out the front office
3. Trade LeBron James.

I don't know Kenny that is kind of extreme. Lets see what happens this summer and with our Draft, we may be in the lottery again. We could pick up another SuperStar as well. This season is a mess but I am going to be patient and see what we do this summer before I go your route of thinking.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Return to LakerTalk