2018-19 Los Angeles Lakers Second Trimester Grades

2018-19 Los Angeles Lakers Second Trimester Grades

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:53 am

It's behind us. Too many injuries, especially LeBron. It was extremely disappointing.

Luke's coaching was legitimately called into question by Lakers fans and the media. He stuck with Zubac too long. Rotations were questionable, even with the injuries. Once JaVale McGee was 100%, he should have returned to the McGee-Chandler two headed monster. Yes, the departed Zubac shined here and there, but that was not a good reason to stick with him, especially when the team is playing for its playoff lives, which sadly looks like a long shot now because the odds of getting leaping over the Clippers, Jazz, Blazers or Spurs is slim, especially with our rough schedule. And let's not even get into the front office fuck up at the trade deadline with the Zubac trade. Why not let Jerry West make a fool out of Magic?

The trimester was a bummer and I can't analyze it without getting aggravated. INJURIES! COACHING! MANAGEMENT! TURNOVERS! EXECUTION! :Nuggsmad:

Grade: D-

P.S.- Anyone who feels like being more detailed, please chime in. I didn't expect a disappointing season like this, but just when we hit a stride playing with LeBron, the kids had to learn how to play without him all over again and it affected all of them. Lonzo Ball going down was huge. Our defense is so much better with him on the floor and that isn't even disputable regardless how certain fans can't stand him. Anyway, let's hope we can replicate the second half of the First Trimester the rest of the way in.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Re: 2018-19 Los Angeles Lakers Second Trimester Grades

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:53 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:It's behind us. Too many injuries, especially LeBron. It was extremely disappointing.

Luke's coaching was legitimately called into question by Lakers fans and the media. He stuck with Zubac too long. Rotations were questionable, even with the injuries. Once JaVale McGee was 100%, he should have returned to the McGee-Chandler two headed monster. Yes, the departed Zubac shined here and there, but that was not a good reason to stick with him, especially when the team is playing for its playoff lives, which sadly looks like a long shot now because the odds of getting leaping over the Clippers, Jazz, Blazers or Spurs is slim, especially with our rough schedule. And let's not even get into the front office fuck up at the trade deadline with the Zubac trade. Why not let Jerry West make a fool out of Magic?

The trimester was a bummer and I can't analyze it without getting aggravated. INJURIES! COACHING! MANAGEMENT! TURNOVERS! EXECUTION! :Nuggsmad:

P.S.- Anyone who feels like being more detailed, please chime in. I didn't expect a disappointing season like this, but just when we hit a stride playing with LeBron, the kids had to learn how to play without him all over again and it affected all of them. Lonzo Ball going down was huge. Our defense is so much better with him on the floor and that isn't even disputable regardless how certain fans can't stand him. Anyway, let's hope we can replicate the second half of the First Trimester the rest of the way in.

I really do not have much to add this. You pretty much summed up how most of us feel. Although that win at Boston was a nice one to get. We still have a shot at the 8th seed but we have to play more consistent and get healthy to achieve it.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Re: 2018-19 Los Angeles Lakers Second Trimester Grades

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:26 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:It's behind us. Too many injuries, especially LeBron. It was extremely disappointing.

I really do not have much to add this. You pretty much summed up how most of us feel. Although that win at Boston was a nice one to get. We still have a shot at the 8th seed but we have to play more consistent and get healthy to achieve it.

The absences of Ingram, Rondo twice, LeBron, Kuzma and Lonzo have obviously been the #1 killer for us this season. Any consistency we had or were building up was completely derailed, and then there's the coaching questions, locker room blowups, "failed" trades, and head-scratching losses. Finishing even 5 games above .500 will actually be an accomplishment, but no matter what happens after May we will be expected to come out balling in November. Flush these first two-thirds of the season and focus on team chemistry and winning as many games as possible. LeBron's got at least 3 more years at a 28/7/7 level, and whatever youngsters we keep will get better as we figure out how to become a solid threat in the West.
lakerevolution

Return to LakerTalk