Game 54: 02/05/19 Lakers at Pacers GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:48 am

(27-26) LAKERS AT PACERS (34-19)

Tuesday, February 5, 2019, 4:30 PM PDT
Bankers Life Fieldhouse • Indianapolis, IN

Referees: TBA

Replay Center: TBA

Line: Lakers -3

Local TV: Spectrum SportsNet (Fox Sports IND for 3Peat)

GAME PREVIEW: LAKERS AT PACERS

by NBA.com

LeBron James is expected to be back in the lineup Tuesday night as the Los Angeles Lakers attempt to take advantage of the absence of Victor Oladipo for the second time this season when they duel the Indiana Pacers in Indianapolis.

James felt the effects of 40 minutes of action in Thursday's return from a 17-game layoff when he sat out Saturday's 115-101 loss at Golden State.

The hero of last season's playoff-series win for Cleveland over Indiana plans to return for the first of four Eastern games that will cap six straight on the road for the Los Angeles.

Lakers coach Luke Walton noted to reporters that his team should benefit Tuesday from knowing that James will be playing, as opposed to learning after Saturday's shootaround that he'd be taking the night off to soothe general soreness.

"I thought it probably threw us off a little bit early," he observed. "Just because our pregame shootaround was one game plan, and once we found out he wasn't going to play, we switched some of that. It took us to time to adjust to what the new game plan was."

A schedule that includes Boston and Philadelphia this week should require the Lakers' full attention, which might not be possible with the trade deadline approaching.

Rumors of a beefed-up trade offer to New Orleans for Anthony Davis swept through the team Monday.

One of the guys mentioned -- young forward Brandon Ingram -- insisted he's doing his best to just play basketball.

"We kind of let you guys take care of that end," he said of the media-driven speculation. "We don't discuss it. Whatever happens, happens. We can only control what we can control."

The Lakers (27-26) got the better of the Pacers (34-19) 104-96 in Los Angeles in November, with James contributing 38 points, nine rebounds and seven assists to the win. Oladipo missed that game with soreness in his right knee.

It was the first time Indiana had seen its longtime rival since he was leading Cleveland to a 4-3 series win over the Pacers in the first round of last year's playoffs.

The Pacers had Oladipo for that series. He averaged a team-leading 22.7 points in the seven games.

But he has missed Indiana's last six games with a season-ending ruptured right quad tendon, with the Pacers having lost four of those contests.

However, they have rebounded with consecutive wins, including an exhausting effort in a 109-107 triumph at New Orleans in the opener of a back-to-back sequence on Monday night.

Pacers coach Nate McMillan has tried three different starting lineups in Oladipo's absence, with Cory Joseph inserted into the last three.

The veteran guard has shot just 4-for-15 and contributed a total of just nine points to the Pacers' two-game win streak, but he's accumulated a plus-19 plus/minus in games Indiana has won by a total of nine points.

It's working now, but McMillan has indicated more tinkering could be in the team's Oladipo-less future.

"We keep talking about Vic; it's about us," he expressed to reporters after Saturday's win over Miami. "It's going to take some time."

http://www.nba.com/games/20190205/LALIND#/preview
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Re: Game 54: 02/05/19 Lakers at Pacers GAME THREAD

Postby lakerevolution » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:34 am

For even an outside chance of making the playoffs, the Lakers would have to go 20-9 over the last 29 games and hope than the Clippers and Kings fall into slumps. The smart man knows this just ain't gonna happen.

Missing the playoffs (yes, qualifying and getting swept out in the first round is better) would be psychologically damaging to the entire franchise - and if this doesn't drive our front office to make some serious decisions soon, nothing will.

Hoping for the best.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:14 am

I normally go to this game but I have to work tonight. I have only missed a handful of Lakers games since my 1st one in 1985. Pacers aren't the same team since Oladipo got injured so this is winnable, I am assuming LeBron will play tonight.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:43 pm

lakerevolution wrote:For even an outside chance of making the playoffs, the Lakers would have to go 20-9 over the last 29 games and hope than the Clippers and Kings fall into slumps. The smart man knows this just ain't gonna happen.

Missing the playoffs (yes, qualifying and getting swept out in the first round is better) would be psychologically damaging to the entire franchise - and if this doesn't drive our front office to make some serious decisions soon, nothing will.

Hoping for the best.

With a healthy LeBron and Zo returning soon, they could do that.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:44 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:I normally go to this game but I have to work tonight. I have only missed a handful of Lakers games since my 1st one in 1985. Pacers aren't the same team since Oladipo got injured so this is winnable, I am assuming LeBron will play tonight.

He's starting. Call in sick to your stomach (the trade deadline flu) and represent!
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:07 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:I normally go to this game but I have to work tonight. I have only missed a handful of Lakers games since my 1st one in 1985. Pacers aren't the same team since Oladipo got injured so this is winnable, I am assuming LeBron will play tonight.

He's starting. Call in sick to your stomach (the trade deadline flu) and represent!

Pacers fans chanting "LeBron will trade you!" whenever Ingram, Kuz, Hart etc. gets to the FT line.

Getting whooped bad.

Sigh. What once looked like a sure 5th seed or better has now become a nightmare of a season. Hard choices coming soon.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:31 pm

Man are we really this bad? 27-27 now on the season. I am glad I went to work now, at work now so I didn't get a chance to watch the game. 136-94 against a team without its best player! LeBron even played. We need to get a deal done for AD, I am more convinced now than ever.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:29 pm

The 2nd Trimester is up Kenny and this 2nd one has been very disappointing IMO. I will be curious to see your grades on this one. This team has been a failure so far this season. 27-27 is not good. It's a team I haven't been able to figure out all season. We have no chemistry and our key players can not stay healthy for what ever reason. We may actually miss the playoffs which I thought would never happen with LeBron James on our team.
3Peatkb24

Return to LakerTalk