A.D. wants out of New Orleans. Requests trade!!

Re: A.D. wants out of New Orleans. Lakers opportunity?

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:50 pm

lakerevolution wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:
lakerevolution wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:
lakerevolution wrote:Ask LeBron. More than anyone in his era, he knows the art of the deal and how to attract players to him. If he's been in AD's ear about joining him in Purple and Gold and Magic, Rob and Jeannie are on board with it, we could see the major trade deal of the year very soon.

"This is all right here for the Lakers. It’s a bird (pelican?) in the hand situation: Why wait until this summer with the uncertainty about, say, Kawhi Leonard or Kevin Durant coming to the Lakers when they can trade for one of the NBA’s most complete seven-footers, one who’s set to be a free agent in 2020?"

ftw.usatoday.com/2019/01/anthony-davis-trade-lakers-lebron

Rev, you seem un-enthused with the whole Basketball season and I don't blame you. I have been too to be honest but if we get Davis I will dance in the streets to go with LeBron and possibly Kuzma. You are like me though in a lot of ways, I love building from the ground like the Colts and Cubs have always done. Colts and Cubs do not have 11 Championships but they have 1 and most of the time they are always good brethren.

Oh no, I'm very enthused and invested -- we all had to be like "okaaaay" with the LeBron thing, and figured he'd bring his magic touch to the Lakers for what it's worth. The realities are that he was the first piece in a rebuilding project by Magic, and our season has clearly been nothing but a series of dress rehearsals for our youngsters and one-year veterans.

Imagine Rondo, Lance, Lonzo, LeBron . . and Davis. KCP, Svi, Hart, Chandler and whoever else remains or comes over in a trade, and we have a team that can compete. Davis wouldn't be the only star acquisition, either. I don't think Melo has much left in the tank, but it would be cool to have him along for the ride on the cheap. If Magic's going full-throtte after the crown the Warriors stole from us, we'll need another all-star willing to take a long-term deal and get this thing going.

HEALTH.

Yeah Health is a key. Maybe I just mis-read what you were thinking because you seem not to be a believer in Ball or bringing in vets like Durant. I know you didn't like when we brought in older vets like Malone and Payton for example in 2004 or the Spaniard signing in 2008. LeBron is still tough for us to get used too as well and he is a Top 10 player ever.

I LOVED hearing about the Pau Gasol trade! I was one of the only people I knew who kept tabs on his stats when he was with Memphis and knew Kobe would absolutely catch fire with him! He delivered instant results, but showed his weaknesses as well in that unbearable 2008 Finals. Can't argue three straight Finals and back-to-back championships, but Pau was often (and more and more) frustrating as he got older. His finesse was brilliant, but his softness was infuriating. Same thing with Lonzo -- his strengths do not cover his shortcomings (yet). Yeah, the Malone/Peyton thing was way too gimmicky and over-the-top, and neither one was in his prime at all, plus Kobe's game was thrown off in favor of what Shaq thought would work. Shaq pissed many fans off as well, but in a different way. If Kobe and Magic like Lonzo, then I'll be ok with that. If he was shooting 75+% from the line and had a better, more aggressive jumper, I'd be fine with him but I'm not going to praise anything about him until I see that his head is 100% in the game. You know I hate the UCLA Bruins :waaaaa:

I don't think Durant or any of the Warriors is coming to the Lakers. Durant may try and join another star in New York.

I think the big Spaniard deserves to have his number retired in LA. That backtoback in 2009 and 2010 was huge for Kobe's legacy. I doubt Durant comes so I agree but Klay might. His daddy played for the Lakers.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Re: A.D. wants out of New Orleans. Requests trade!!

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:52 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:

I did not know that our old friend beton had a line!

:roflmao: Beton, that is a blast from the past and a name I haven't heard in ages. You ever here from him anymore?

Anyone chat with Lew anymore as well?
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:35 am

We could find Lew with the snap of a finger if we wanted to. He left, we didn't. He's still our . . Mitch. :snapout:

THAT BEING SAID :dedhors:
lakerevolution

Postby Lakers4Life » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:45 pm

Fucking Popovich is ALWAYS around flapping his lips when The Lakers are trying to make moves to improve. Now he’s telling New Orleans to not cave in on Lakers demands. ....Who In the fuck does he think that he is? Now isn’t he tampering? What the fuck does he care? It’s not his team or player! So shut the fuck up!!! I don’t wish bad Ill on anybody but I wouldn’t mind if his gold fish died or something!! Fucking nosy Laker Hating Dick!!
Lakers4Life

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:05 pm

Lakers4Life wrote:Fucking Popovich is ALWAYS around flapping his lips when The Lakers are trying to make moves to improve. Now he’s telling New Orleans to not cave in on Lakers demands. ....Who In the fuck does he think that he is? Now isn’t he tampering? What the fuck does he care? It’s not his team or player! So shut the fuck up!!! I don’t wish bad Ill on anybody but I wouldn’t mind if his gold fish died or something!! Fucking nosy Laker Hating Dick!!

Tell us how you really feel about POP "lol4: . I do agree though he needs to mind his own business. This is a trade we need for the long run. If we trade for AD it could even draw Klay in the summer. A team with LeBron, AD, and Klay on it is something to get excited about.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:48 pm

Lakers4Life wrote:Fucking Popovich is ALWAYS around flapping his lips when The Lakers are trying to make moves to improve. Now he’s telling New Orleans to not cave in on Lakers demands. ....Who In the fuck does he think that he is? Now isn’t he tampering? What the fuck does he care? It’s not his team or player! So shut the fuck up!!! I don’t wish bad Ill on anybody but I wouldn’t mind if his gold fish died or something!! Fucking nosy Laker Hating Dick!!

*Kawhi whisperer*

Lakers been his bane since the 80s. We are hated no matter if we're scraping the bottom or up on top. Our little cousins the Warriors done came up and eclipsed Magic AND Jordan. No doubt.

That's why I hated getting LeBron.

But now we have to work to the future. Remember the "real season"? What would TrueFan do?
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:29 pm

I thought they were talking to everyone BUT the Lakers. Who the fuck knows what to believe? Whatever happens, happens.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby Julius Russell » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:34 pm

Not a fan of giving up our best 3 youth plus Zu and picks. That’s too much for anyone not named Micheal Jordan or Shaq or Kobe or prime Bron or Larry or Wilt or Kap or Magic.

Depth is better than overwhelming star power. At least imo
Julius Russell

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:45 pm

Julius Russell wrote:Not a fan of giving up our best 3 youth plus Zu and picks. That’s too much for anyone not named Micheal Jordan or Shaq or Kobe or prime Bron or Larry or Wilt or Kap or Magic.

Depth is better than overwhelming star power. At least imo

I want to wait and see what we have to give up first. If it is all 3 = Kuz, Ingram, and Lonzo that is risky but AD is a Top 5 player in the league right now. I really hope we can keep Kuz if we do the trade. A frontline of AD, Kuz, and LeBron to go with Rondo would be a tough team.
3Peatkb24

Postby Julius Russell » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:59 pm

AD is oft injured. Bron is 36.... Thirty SIX.

Potential to miss playoffs this season if he reaggrevates his groin. Luke gets fired. Our defense gets worst next year. Only old ass ring chasers join the squad and we get a couple 2nd round exits out Bron.

Hope it doesn’t go through. Leave us at least 1 of the 3 best youngster. And 2 of the other 4.
Julius Russell

Postby kjkirby » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:24 pm

my understanding was that Magic offered a list of all who were available from the young core. He supposedly sent a couple of different offers including this group. All 4 plus 1st round picks is too much in my opinion. I know it's AD, but look at recent trades of players they declared they wanted out. How many times have said "is that all they got". After listening to what Pop said, it appears that there is a concerted effort not to trade with LA and if you do take them for everything you can. AD said he wants out. I'm not clearing the house for an oft injured superstar. Lebron will be 36 soon and AD wasn't winning in NO. Let's look at the big picture here.
kjkirby

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:37 pm

kjkirby wrote:my understanding was that Magic offered a list of all who were available from the young core. He supposedly sent a couple of different offers including this group. All 4 plus 1st round picks is too much in my opinion. I know it's AD, but look at recent trades of players they declared they wanted out. How many times have said "is that all they got". After listening to what Pop said, it appears that there is a concerted effort not to trade with LA and if you do take them for everything you can. AD said he wants out. I'm not clearing the house for an oft injured superstar. Lebron will be 36 soon and AD wasn't winning in NO. Let's look at the big picture here.

Lets see what we offer first, I have no clue what Magic has offered them. LeBron just turned 34, so he isn't 36 but I understand he is older. Karl Malone had his Championship runs when he was 34 and 35 with Utah and won MVP of the League. AD is 25 years old and dominated last year and has been healthy for a while. I do not want to give up Kuzma though, he is the best player we have outside of LeBron.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:47 pm

Besides scoring, Kuz doesn't bring us anything life-altering. He doesn't run point and fill up the stat line like Ingram or no-look like Zo or attack the rack as hard as Hart. His height is an advantage but he's mainly a scorer. AD would make up for him, especially with a LeBron to play off of. I like Kuz but he's Larry Nance and Jordan Clarkson. "lol4:
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:14 pm

lakerevolution wrote:Besides scoring, Kuz doesn't bring us anything life-altering. He doesn't run point and fill up the stat line like Ingram or no-look like Zo or attack the rack as hard as Hart. His height is an advantage but he's mainly a scorer. AD would make up for him, especially with a LeBron to play off of. I like Kuz but he's Larry Nance and Jordan Clarkson. "lol4:

Nance nor Clarkson could carry Kuzma's jockstrap :waaaaa:
3Peatkb24

Postby Julius Russell » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:05 am

lakerevolution wrote:Besides scoring, Kuz doesn't bring us anything life-altering. He doesn't run point and fill up the stat line like Ingram or no-look like Zo or attack the rack as hard as Hart. His height is an advantage but he's mainly a scorer. AD would make up for him, especially with a LeBron to play off of. I like Kuz but he's Larry Nance and Jordan Clarkson. "lol4:

I agree.

Would rather got Porzingis for Kuzma and Mo Wagner and Svi and Hart and a pick or 2 than get AD and it’s only these vets and him.

Ingram is so underrated at this point
Julius Russell

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk