A.D. wants out of New Orleans. Requests trade!!

Re: A.D. wants out of New Orleans. Requests trade!!

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:43 pm

Julius Russell wrote:I agree.

Would rather got Porzingis for Kuzma and Mo Wagner and Svi and Hart and a pick or 2 than get AD and it’s only these vets and him.

Ingram is so underrated at this point

He didn't add much to his stat sheet in the second half last night vs. the Clips, but Bron and Guitar Man filled in. Yes, we do need players like Kuz, whose height, length and confidence are very valuable. Ingram's stats have all gone up every year and he's a much harder player to defend on the blocks. Put it this way: IF we get AD then it makes more sense to keep Kuzma, of course - if possible. But a one-on-one comparison leaves Kuzma looking a little less-dimensional. Ingram has shown his skill in running point, he can post up on anybody, he attacks the lane for layups and dunks, he can catch and shoot, and his length makes him valuable on defense. Kuzma will be streaky, as shooters tend to be, and that's probably his biggest flaw. But if other teams value his ability to run and score and have a system he can thrive in, we need to listen.
Last edited by lakerevolution on Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:33 pm

kjkirby wrote:my understanding was that Magic offered a list of all who were available from the young core. He supposedly sent a couple of different offers including this group. All 4 plus 1st round picks is too much in my opinion. I know it's AD, but look at recent trades of players they declared they wanted out. How many times have said "is that all they got". After listening to what Pop said, it appears that there is a concerted effort not to trade with LA and if you do take them for everything you can. AD said he wants out. I'm not clearing the house for an oft injured superstar. Lebron will be 36 soon and AD wasn't winning in NO. Let's look at the big picture here.

First of all, LeBron just turned 34, so let's calm down about that a little (although admittedly, I think he'll start getting more nagging old player injuries moving forward). But yes, the younger superstars are turned off at the idea of being his waterboy, albeit it would not completely shock me if Kyrie had some remorse. They did win a chip together and they probably have an understanding about LeBron needing to defer to him more now that LeBron's an old man if they teamed up again.

Frankly, whatever will be, will be. Old LeBron, AD and possibly Kyrie joining them might be one of the best Big Threes in modern times (I'll take Kareem, Magic and Worthy), up there with Steph, KD and Klay, maybe better. The fillers will be eazy peazy. Would I rather have that for the next few years than Old LeBron and developing POTENTIAL stars? Put it this way. IF the Lakers trade for AD, which is extremely doubtful IMO, we will forget about these youngsters pretty damn quickly. That's how I see it.

BTW, did you notice who finished the game last night? OUR PLAYOFF ACQUISITIONS. LeBron, Rondo, Lance, JaVale .. and BI. Guess who hardly even touched the ball in OT? BI. Why? Because these other fuckers already KNOW how to win close, tough games. Now, if you plug in AD for BI with those four and that is the group that finishes playoff games, how would you feel about that for the next few seasons?

That's my take.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:43 pm

I agree with the "forget about them quick" part. Clarkson, Russell, Nance, Randle . . they all got to taste a little of the Laker mystique (and expectations) and even got to play alongside The Mamba. But the NBA is now seeded with their varying degrees of talent and we get to act like we don't need them. Plug those four into the lineup with Lebron, Rondo, Zubac and McGee and what would we have?
lakerevolution

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:17 pm

The father of New Orleans Pelicansstar Anthony Davis says he does not want his son to play for the Boston Celtics, if they were to try to acquire him via trade this summer.

"I would never want my son to play for Boston after what they done to Isaiah Thomas," Anthony Davis Sr. told ESPN on Friday, referencing the former Celtics star point guard who was traded for Kyrie Irving amid his recovery from a hip injury. "No loyalty. Guy gives his heart and soul and they traded him."

Davis Sr. clarified that this is solely his opinion, and he can't speak for his son.
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:01 pm

lakerevolution wrote:I agree with the "forget about them quick" part. Clarkson, Russell, Nance, Randle . . they all got to taste a little of the Laker mystique (and expectations) and even got to play alongside The Mamba. But the NBA is now seeded with their varying degrees of talent and we get to act like we don't need them. Plug those four into the lineup with Lebron, Rondo, Zubac and McGee and what would we have?

I haven't forgotten about Randle though! :angry2:

Like I said, whatever will be, will be.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:19 pm

Adrian Wojnarowski

✔@wojespn

The Lakers have offered a new package to New Orleans that includes multiple young players, multiple draft picks and Pelicans salary cap relief for Anthony Davis, league sources tell ESPN. The offer appears to move closer to the objectives that the Pelicans are pursuing in a deal.
lakerevolution

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:06 pm

Failed AD Trade. Worst possible scenario. Our youngsters are no longer invested in being Lakers long-term. The franchise looks stupid, entitled, desperate and greedy. We're no closer to a real playoffs run than we were 5 years ago.
lakerevolution

Postby kjkirby » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:01 am

the fans and organization needs to accept the reality that the league seems to be conspiring against trading any superstars our way. First Indiana, then SA (which isnt surprising considering Pop's comments), and now NO. Saying that you want to go to LA seems to be the kiss of death. We are the only team where the league, owners, and coaches have outright shown disdain in regards to a potential trade of a superstar our way. I too believe we were meant to look stupid and cause chaos within the organization like the Lamar, Gasol situation. They never planned on trading AD to the lakers. If they do I'd be shocked. NO will eventually trade him for a less appealing packaged than the Lakers offered and claim that it was a better deal. There will eventually be a reckoning. When we get back on top I hope we have a fuck the league attitude like the Patriots did when they went undefeated. Blow everybody the fuck out. Run up the score. Still shoot threes at the buzzer in a thirty point blowout. Fuck it. Excuse my rant, but the whole bs is obvious. There's rules for the league and then there are rules for the Lakers. Fuck David Stern, Fuck Pop, and Fuck Barkley. Just gotta make the playoffs and see what happens. The whole fucking team is going to be playing either mad or scared for the rest of the year. It won't be the same.
kjkirby

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:37 am

kjkirby wrote:the fans and organization needs to accept the reality that the league seems to be conspiring against trading any superstars our way. First Indiana, then SA (which isnt surprising considering Pop's comments), and now NO. Saying that you want to go to LA seems to be the kiss of death. We are the only team where the league, owners, and coaches have outright shown disdain in regards to a potential trade of a superstar our way. I too believe we were meant to look stupid and cause chaos within the organization like the Lamar, Gasol situation. They never planned on trading AD to the lakers. If they do I'd be shocked. NO will eventually trade him for a less appealing packaged than the Lakers offered and claim that it was a better deal. There will eventually be a reckoning. When we get back on top I hope we have a fuck the league attitude like the Patriots did when they went undefeated. Blow everybody the fuck out. Run up the score. Still shoot threes at the buzzer in a thirty point blowout. Fuck it. Excuse my rant, but the whole bs is obvious. There's rules for the league and then there are rules for the Lakers. Fuck David Stern, Fuck Pop, and Fuck Barkley. Just gotta make the playoffs and see what happens. The whole fucking team is going to be playing either mad or scared for the rest of the year. It won't be the same.

Agree. It's not just the teams. It's the agents and the media, too, for some reason. Truthfully, we have no idea what is being discussed, when it's being discussed or even IF it's being discussed. We don't know if another or maybe two other teams are involved. All I know is that that AD is worth a ton, but not emptying out the cabinets because if Old LeBron can't stay healthy, we'll be worse than NOLA was with him. If it is true that they want all the kids PLUS 4 firsts and 4 seconds, I'd hang the fucking phone up on Dell Demps.
KobeMVP888

Postby kjkirby » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:59 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:
kjkirby wrote:the fans and organization needs to accept the reality that the league seems to be conspiring against trading any superstars our way. First Indiana, then SA (which isnt surprising considering Pop's comments), and now NO. Saying that you want to go to LA seems to be the kiss of death. We are the only team where the league, owners, and coaches have outright shown disdain in regards to a potential trade of a superstar our way. I too believe we were meant to look stupid and cause chaos within the organization like the Lamar, Gasol situation. They never planned on trading AD to the lakers. If they do I'd be shocked. NO will eventually trade him for a less appealing packaged than the Lakers offered and claim that it was a better deal. There will eventually be a reckoning. When we get back on top I hope we have a fuck the league attitude like the Patriots did when they went undefeated. Blow everybody the fuck out. Run up the score. Still shoot threes at the buzzer in a thirty point blowout. Fuck it. Excuse my rant, but the whole bs is obvious. There's rules for the league and then there are rules for the Lakers. Fuck David Stern, Fuck Pop, and Fuck Barkley. Just gotta make the playoffs and see what happens. The whole fucking team is going to be playing either mad or scared for the rest of the year. It won't be the same.

Agree. It's not just the teams. It's the agents and the media, too, for some reason. Truthfully, we have no idea what is being discussed, when it's being discussed or even IF it's being discussed. We don't know if another or maybe two other teams are involved. All I know is that that AD is worth a ton, but not emptying out the cabinets because if Old LeBron can't stay healthy, we'll be worse than NOLA was with him. If it is true that they want all the kids PLUS 4 firsts and 4 seconds, I'd hang the fucking phone up on Dell Demps.

Exactly. If they really are asking for all that, then the idea must be to cripple the Lakers in the process. How do I miss Jerry West for times like these.
kjkirby

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:20 am

Lets say hypothetically we trade all 3 = Kuz,Ingram, and Ball for AD, I would still be ok with it because one thing people have failed to mention is acquiring AD will bring other Free Agents to LA this summer. Like Klay for example, if not Klay many other good players anyway. AD is only 25 years old and a face of any franchise. LeBron still has at least 2 seasons left where he will play great if rested properly. If AD is on the team he can take nights off during the Regular Season and it will not hurt us. When LeBron doesn't play now, we do not win.

-Why in the hell is everyone in the media against us getting AD (Coaches too), we already got screwed over on the CP3 deal. Enough is enough, the league owes us this one after that screw job!
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby Julius Russell » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:14 pm

Lakers pulled out. And I couldn’t be happier
Julius Russell

Postby lakerevolution » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:30 pm

How hard do we try to sneak into the playoffs? I know LeBron and Rondo will be able to calm the youngsters down and re-energize the team, but WOW - getting cold-shouldered by the NBA AND not making the playoffs with LeBron on the squad is just despicable, to use a Daffy Duck term.
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:19 pm

Julius Russell wrote:Lakers pulled out. And I couldn’t be happier

Dell Demps is a fucking idiot. He was a fucking idiot when he traded us Chris Paul without express permission back in 2011 and he's a fucking idiot now. I can't believe that with a mega talent like AD, the Pellies have only been to the playoffs twice. The motherfucker actually OWES us after the shit they pulled with CP3 and now he's insulting Magic Johnson. So fuck him and Roy Moore's horse!

HAVING SAID THAT, I still think a deal gets done by the deadline.
KobeMVP888

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:21 pm

lakerevolution wrote:How hard do we try to sneak into the playoffs? I know LeBron and Rondo will be able to calm the youngsters down and re-energize the team, but WOW - getting cold-shouldered by the NBA AND not making the playoffs with LeBron on the squad is just despicable, to use a Daffy Duck term.

If LeBron gets to 100% and doesn't get another old player injury AND we get and stay healthy, I think we'll sneak into the #8 seed, maybe even #7.
KobeMVP888

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk