Game 45: 01/15/19 Bulls at Lakers GAME THREAD

Game 45: 01/15/19 Bulls at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:28 am

(10-33) BULLS at LAKERS (23-21)

Tuesday, January 15, 2019, 7:30 PM PDT
Staples Center • Los Angeles, CA

Referees: Kane Fitzgerald (#5), Mark Lindsay (#29), Ashley Moyer-Gleich (#75)

Replay Center: Tony Brothers, Tre Maddox

Line: Lakers -6.5

Local TV: Spectrum SportsNet National TV: NBA TV

GAME PREVIEW: BULLS AT LAKERS

by NBA.com

The Chicago Bulls will try to avoid their longest losing streak in more than a year when they play the fourth game of a five-game road trip Tuesday at the Los Angeles Lakers.

The Bulls (10-33) have lost seven straight following a 110-102 loss at the Utah Jazz on Saturday. They haven't lost eight in a row since a 10-game skid from Nov. 19 to Dec. 6, 2017.

"We have to get that killer mentality," Bulls coach Jim Boylen told reporters following the most recent defeat.

The Lakers (23-21) are coming off a loss to the only NBA team that hasn't reached double figures in wins.

The Cleveland Cavaliers led nearly the whole game in a 101-95 win at Staples Center on Sunday night, which ended their 12-game losing streak.

Making things extra challenging for the Lakers has been the groin injury to LeBron James, who leads the team in scoring (27.3), rebounding (8.3) and assists (7.4). He has missed the past 10 games and won't play against the Bulls. Los Angeles is 3-7 since James was injured against the Golden State Warriors on Christmas Day.

The absence of James has certainly slowed Los Angeles in some areas, but the Lakers haven't helped themselves either. One area is at the free throw line. The Lakers came into Sunday last in the NBA in free-throw shooting at 68.6 percent, and then shot 16-for-27 (59.3 percent) against the Cavaliers.

"We've got to play better. We've got to make shots, we've got to make free throws," Lakers coach Luke Walton said after the loss. "I believe in this group and I believe this group will play better, and we'll start winning some games, but as a team we've got to step up and go out and take some of these games."

The Lakers have allowed at least 32 points in the first quarter of five of the past six games, prompting Walton to consider changes to the starting lineup.

"By the end of the games, we're doing a nice job of stabilizing our defense and getting the stops we need, but we can't just keeping giving up 30 points to start the games," Walton said. "We'll take a look at that and, possibly, make a change before Tuesday."

The Bulls have one of the youngest teams in the NBA, including a starting five that ranges in age from 19 to 24. Boylen said he plans to stick with the same lineup moving forward.

"I think there's some force-feeding going on," he said. "We've got to learn how to win."

The most veteran starter for the Bulls is point guard Zach LaVine, who leads Chicago at 23.6 points a game. LaVine, who played one year at UCLA, told reporters he's looking forward to returning to Los Angeles.

"Haven't played in L.A. in a while," he said. "I'm excited. Hopefully it's sunny out there."

LaVine could see time against former UCLA point guard, Lonzo Ball, the second overall draft pick in 2017. Chicago forward Lauri Markkanen was selected five spots behind Ball out of Arizona, another Pac-12 school.

http://www.nba.com/games/20190115/CHILAL#/preview
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Re: Game 45: 01/15/19 Bulls at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby Lakers4Life » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:35 pm

KCP & Chandler inserted in the starting lineup. Let’s see how this pans out.
Lakers4Life

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:37 pm

Lakers only up 44-43 at Halftime. We are playing another stinky team and look lethargic ourselves. No way in hell we can pull off the trifecta and lose to the Knicks, Cavs, and Bulls all at home?
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby Lakers4Life » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:55 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:Lakers only up 44-43 at Halftime. We are playing another stinky team and look lethargic ourselves. No way in hell we can pull off the trifecta and lose to the Knicks, Cavs, and Bulls all at home?

Don’t bet the house
Lakers4Life

Postby lakerevolution » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:10 pm

Oooooo-kkkaaaaayyyyyy.

#1 - we SUCK. Not even with a LeBron and a Rondo are we even remotely ready for that thing we used to call "the real season" aka the "playoffs".

#2 - no . . we REALLY suck. Free throws, defense, team chemistry, coaching x's and o's, health, poise, heart, tenacity. It's as if Mitch and Whatshisname put on a Magic & Rob suit and our ridiculousness continues.

#3 Magic won't stand for this. The youth movement is a bust minus maybe Kuz and Hart. Get ready for a major flip-switch and some stars and real basketball being played in Staples.
lakerevolution

Postby Lakers4Life » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:17 pm

lakerevolution wrote:Oooooo-kkkaaaaayyyyyy.

#1 - we SUCK. Not even with a LeBron and a Rondo are we even remotely ready for that thing we used to call "the real season" aka the "playoffs".

#2 - no . . we REALLY suck. Free throws, defense, team chemistry, coaching x's and o's, health, poise, heart, tenacity. It's as if Mitch and Whatshisname put on a Magic & Rob suit and our ridiculousness continues.

#3 Magic won't stand for this. The youth movement is a bust minus maybe Kuz and Hart. Get ready for a major flip-switch and some stars and real basketball being played in Staples.

Whoah!! (in my Keeanu Reeves voice)
Lakers4Life

Postby Lakers4Life » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:27 pm

Lakers4Life wrote:

#1. We should had picked Tatum with the #2 pick (Lonzo is a project at best)

#2. Lonzo says that he “leads by example” NOT verbal. Hummmmm....Point guards lead the team. They have to be vocal.
And what leading by example is he doing? Missing free throws & wide open J’s?

#3. Missing free throws is a team-wide epidemic.

#4. They make the worst teams look like the Harlem Globe Trotters
Lakers4Life

Postby Lakers4Life » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:50 pm

Only the Lakers would squander an 18 point game against The Bulls subs in less than a minute! WOW!!
Lakers4Life

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:54 pm

We needed this win in a huge way and got it. We still have issues but I will enjoy this for 1 night. 24-21 and tied with the Jazz for the 8th Playoff spot.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:57 pm

Still not understanding how Lance can come to the Lakers and score 3 points in 3 minutes played . . what did we bring him in for? To clown? To play with LeBron and Rondo? This entire transaction makes little sense to me.
lakerevolution

Postby lakerevolution » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:01 pm

Lakers4Life wrote:
Lakers4Life wrote:

#2. Lonzo says that he “leads by example” NOT verbal. Hummmmm....Point guards lead the team. They have to be vocal.

Craig I'm over here watching Tatum in tv commercials for sports drinks and movies and I'm like "who is HIS agent?"

That Laker Jersey is like KRYPTONITE to those who ain't ready to wear it. I wish they hadn't changed the jersey so much. I hate it. DAMN YOU STERN!!!
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:06 pm

lakerevolution wrote:Still not understanding how Lance can come to the Lakers and score 3 points in 3 minutes played . . what did we bring him in for? To clown? To play with LeBron and Rondo? This entire transaction makes little sense to me.

That is a great question. Sometimes I feel like Luke doesn't know what the hell he is doing. Last season Lance averaged 22 minutes, scored nearly 10 points a game, with 5 Rebounds, and 3 Assists a game for Indy. He plays solid Defense too. He played 3 minutes tonight and hit a 3 but then back to the bench. We won tonight so I guess for tonight that is all that matters.
3Peatkb24

Postby Lakers4Life » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:41 pm

lakerevolution wrote:
Lakers4Life wrote:
Lakers4Life wrote:

Craig I'm over here watching Tatum in tv commercials for sports drinks and movies and I'm like "who is HIS agent?"

That Laker Jersey is like KRYPTONITE to those who ain't ready to wear it. I wish they hadn't changed the jersey so much. I hate it. DAMN YOU STERN!!!

Tatum is going to lead the league in scoring in a couple years. That’s what everybody’s saying. And according to my eye test, I concur.

As far as Lonzo goes, he played good tonight. 19/8/6 But he’s definitely not the “sexy pick” like Tatum is (was). His shot is FUGLY!! Can’t shoot free throws. Has scored ZERO points in 1/2 a season more than most superstars do in their whole career. I’m trying to appreciate his defense, rebounding, assists & things that don’t show up in the box score. But many games he doesn’t even do those things well. I hope that The Pelicans value him more than we do. And trade Anthony Davis to The Lakers for a package of our young players headlined by Lonzo. If not we’re stuck praying that he pans out.
Lakers4Life

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:52 am

Lakers4Life wrote:As far as Lonzo goes, he played good tonight. 19/8/6 But he’s definitely not the “sexy pick” like Tatum is (was). His shot is FUGLY!! Can’t shoot free throws. Has scored ZERO points in 1/2 a season more than most superstars do in their whole career. I’m trying to appreciate his defense, rebounding, assists & things that don’t show up in the box score. But many games he doesn’t even do those things well. I hope that The Pelicans value him more than we do. And trade Anthony Davis to The Lakers for a package of our young players headlined by Lonzo. If not we’re stuck praying that he pans out.

[/quote]

Lonzo as a staff, label and record company is FUGLY. Bad pick by our F.O. trying to inject local life into our post-Kobe era. He just sucks, sucks, sucks. Never felt this strongly about a Laker player . . . since Pau and Van Exel. And Ceballos. :waaaaa:
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:38 am

lakerevolution wrote:
Lakers4Life wrote:As far as Lonzo goes, he played good tonight. 19/8/6 But he’s definitely not the “sexy pick” like Tatum is (was). His shot is FUGLY!! Can’t shoot free throws. Has scored ZERO points in 1/2 a season more than most superstars do in their whole career. I’m trying to appreciate his defense, rebounding, assists & things that don’t show up in the box score. But many games he doesn’t even do those things well. I hope that The Pelicans value him more than we do. And trade Anthony Davis to The Lakers for a package of our young players headlined by Lonzo. If not we’re stuck praying that he pans out.

Lonzo as a staff, label and record company is FUGLY. Bad pick by our F.O. trying to inject local life into our post-Kobe era. He just sucks, sucks, sucks. Never felt this strongly about a Laker player . . . since Pau and Van Exel. And Ceballos. :waaaaa:[/quote]

Actually you have a legit gripe with Ball, Van Excel, and Ceballos. I disagree with you regarding Pau. Pau gave us 1 Very Good season and 2 Great seasons helping Kobe get 4 and 5. Pau was a legit Great player.
3Peatkb24

Return to LakerTalk