Game 36: 12/28/18 Logoclipps at Lakers GAME THREAD

Re: Game 36: 12/28/18 Logoclipps at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby lakerevolution » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:52 am

I question some of this . . they're young but should know and be comfortable with their roles by now. As should Luke. Again, games like these last two give fuel to Magic and Rob's potential search for a pivotal superstar trade that could cost us a part of our young core. And I wouldn't be surprised if even Luke's seat gets hot by next season if we're underachieving.

"They (LeBron, Rajon and JaVale) were trying to talk to us in the best way they could, but it's not the same as them being out there," Lonzo Ball said. "So we just got to step up and accept the roles that we're coming into right now."

The roles of Ball, Brandon Ingram and Kyle Kuzma, in particular, have increased since James' groin strain and Rondo's second hand surgery of the season sidelined the Lakers' most ball-dominant players.

Kuzma led the Lakers with 24 points against the Clippers but went 0-for-7 from 3 and had four turnovers.

Ball, who had 20 points in the Thursday's loss at the Sacramento Kings, had 19 on Friday, giving him his highest-scoring two-game stretch of the season. However, he also had four turnovers.

Ingram scored 17, but he went 6-for-12 from the free throw line a night after he spoiled a 22-point effort against the Kings by also coughing up five turnovers.

All three agreed the finger-pointing, or "splintering," as Walton termed it, has to stop.

"We can't be a front-running team," Kuzma said. "When things are up, we can't just all be happy, and then when things are down, we're just separate from each other. So the biggest thing for us is just to always be together. Every team has rough patches in a season. And we've been down bodies all year, different lineups. And we can't let those things affect us. It's all about us sticking together and just keeping it like a fist."

Kuzma clasped his hand as he finished his answer to show the tightness he expected from the group.

"I mean, guys were getting frustrated," Ball added. "Anytime a team goes on a 22-0 run, it's not going to be all fine and dandy. We got to regroup. We can't argue with each other. We're on the same team."

Ingram offered an alternative perspective, however, rationalizing that they wouldn't be fighting if they weren't all after the same thing.

"It just shows a lot about how much our players care about each other, care about the team," he said. "When the other guys are getting on each other and coming into the huddle trying to get on each other, it just shows how much they care about the basketball game and how much they want to win."

Walton said that Clippers coach Doc Rivers' lineup change in the third quarter to a team featuring Lou Williams (36 points) as the go-to scorer surrounded by four rugged defenders in Montrezl Harrell, Tyrone Wallace, Sindarius Thornwell and Patrick Beverley changed the complexion of the game."
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:03 am

I question some of it, too, Rev, but it is undeniable that we were missing out 3 most important veterans, that we were on the back end of an away/home back-to-back game, that the Queens have the second fastest pace in the NBA (so the second half rubber legs were virtually inevitable), and that not only are our players young, they are very young. Meanwhile, Danilo Gallanari is healthy and playing at an All-Star level, Lou Williams (grrrr) is one of the league's best scorers, and veterans Tobias Harris, Avery Bradley and Patrick Beverley are no slouches either. If Bogdan Bogdanovic doesn't hit that buzzer beater, we aren't whining as much about a split, but it is what it is. The so-called "silver lining" is the growth that the yutes will all get from these maddening losses.

OK, JaVale and LeBron, please return soon, thank you. Enough of this forced growth.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:47 am

Alot of winning has to do with Chemistry. I watch the Pacers and that team has perfect/Great chemistry. They all love playing with each other. I do not see that with the Lakers. To me the Lakers have more talent than the Pacers do. LeBron is better than Oladipo, and so on and so on. I would trade for Anthony Davis and include anyone not named LeBron, Kuzma, and Ball. I think a Big 4 of LeBron, Davis, Ball, and Kuzma would rule the roost if they find that Chemistry. I would have no problem giving the Pelicans Ingram, Hart, McGee, even Lance who just turned 28 = a proven Good Vet but he's young, and a slew of Draft picks in the next 2 drafts for Davis.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Previous

Return to LakerTalk