Game 32: 12/21/18 Pelicans at Lakers GAME THREAD

Game 32: 12/21/18 Pelicans at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:38 am

(15-17) PELICANS at LAKERS (18-13)

Friday, December 21, 2018, 7:30 PM PDT
Staples Center • Los Angeles, CA

Referees: Scott Foster (#48), Mark Ayotte (#56), Aaron Smith (#51)

Replay Center: Ray Acosta, Michael Smith, Tom Washington

Line: Lakers -5

Local TV: Spectrum SportsNet National TV: ESPN

GAME PREVIEW: PELICANS AT LAKERS

by NBA.com

During the same whirlwind week last July, when four-time NBA Most Valuable Player LeBron James created a roar by signing with the Los Angeles Lakers, the organization also quietly renounced their rights to Julius Randle, their former lottery pick who was the leading scorer and rebounder last season, and the only player to appear in all 82 games.

By letting Randle walk, the Lakers saved $12 million in salary-cap space, which they hope to eventually spend on another superstar. Randle signed with the New Orleans Pelicans, and Friday night at Staples Center he's expected to face his former team for the first time.

Randle's return hit a bump in the road when he limped off the floor late in a 102-96 loss against the visiting Miami Heat on Sunday. He then sat out his first game of the season on Wednesday, a 123-115 loss against the Milwaukee Bucks that kicked off a four-game road trip.

"We'll see where it is after (Wednesday) and what's going on," New Orleans coach Alvin Gentry told NBA.com before the loss to Milwaukee.

Randle has been a welcome addition in New Orleans. He's third on the team in scoring at 19.3 points a game and second in rebounds (9.5). In his final season in Los Angeles, Randle averaged 16.1 points and eight rebounds.

"Very happy for him," Lakers coach Luke Walton told reporters after practice Thursday. "He's having a lot of success. It's good to see."

The Pelicans (15-17) have lost two in a row overall and will try to avoid falling three games under .500 for the first time this season.

The Lakers (18-13) will be trying to avoid losing three in a row for the first time since the first three games of the season.

They could get two key players back from injuries.

Brandon Ingram has missed the past seven games with a left ankle injury, and Rajon Rondo has missed the past 17 with a broken hand. Both have been practicing in full in recent days. JaVale McGee is still a question mark with flu-like symptoms, however.

The Lakers closed out a four-game road trip with a 115-110 loss against the Brooklyn Nets on Tuesday. They faced another one of their four lottery picks they owned from 2014-17, D'Angelo Russell, the No. 2 overall pick in 2015 who was traded to the Nets two years later.

Russell had 22 points and 13 assists in the win against Los Angeles.

Randle, taken No. 7 overall in 2014, has developed a 3-point shot since joining New Orleans, making 4-of-8 in his past three games.

With the Pelicans short-handed up front against the Bucks, they relied on perimeter shooting and made a season-high 19 on 42 attempts from 3-point range, but couldn't stay hot over the final five minutes and Milwaukee pulled away.

New Orleans center Anthony Davis, who reached double figures in points and rebounds in the same game 50 times last season, moved his game outside as well, taking a career-high nine 3-point attempts and matching his career best by making four.

The Pelicans also hope to return power forward Nikola Mirotic, who has missed the past three games with an ankle injury. He's fourth on the team in scoring (17.4) and third in rebounding (9.2).

http://www.nba.com/games/20181221/NOPLAL#/preview
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Re: Game 32: 12/21/18 Pelicans at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:01 am

Another trap challenge. We are at our weakest right now, despite home court. What passes for our defense is mediocre at best, porous and disorganized at worst. Get it together fellas and let's get back in the win column - we have a Christmas matchup vs. our good friends the Warriors coming up.
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:16 am

lakerevolution wrote:Another trap challenge. We are at our weakest right now, despite home court. What passes for our defense is mediocre at best, porous and disorganized at worst. Get it together fellas and let's get back in the win column - we have a Christmas matchup vs. our good friends the Warriors coming up.

Rondo and BI should be returning to the lineup tonight, but that means an adjustment, which makes this even trappier. We are not at our weakest though, Rev. We just blew a road trip is all. If they had some energy and JaVale McGee and beat the Nyets, it's a 2-2 trip, so it was really more a matter of being tired and shorthanded at the same time. I mean they missed wide open shot after wide open shot in that game. Make or miss league.

The bad news for y'all is that I'm representing tonight and I am 0-3 this season. I hope the Law of Averages kicks in, that Rondo and BI give us a renewed energy, and that JaVale McGee plays tonight. Both Ju and AD are questionable, but I believe they will play and want to see them play, especially Randle. Man, do I miss that guy. I think it was a colossal blunder letting him go. He's putting up all-star numbers and we have no one who eats glass like him other than Chandler. I also think he would have fit in just fine with LeBron, thank you. I just don't understand that, even if it was for cap space next summer to land Durant or whomever. He could have been traded into someone else's cap space. Then again, I shouldn't complain because Magic and Rob have rightened the ship, so I should just defer to their two year plan. Go Lakers!
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:43 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:
lakerevolution wrote:Another trap challenge. We are at our weakest right now, despite home court. What passes for our defense is mediocre at best, porous and disorganized at worst. Get it together fellas and let's get back in the win column - we have a Christmas matchup vs. our good friends the Warriors coming up.

Rondo and BI should be returning to the lineup tonight, but that means an adjustment, which makes this even trappier. We are not at our weakest though, Rev. We just blew a road trip is all. If they had some energy and JaVale McGee and beat the Nyets, it's a 2-2 trip, so it was really more a matter of being tired and shorthanded at the same time. I mean they missed wide open shot after wide open shot in that game. Make or miss league.

The bad news for y'all is that I'm representing tonight and I am 0-3 this season. I hope the Law of Averages kicks in, that Rondo and BI give us a renewed energy, and that JaVale McGee plays tonight. Both Ju and AD are questionable, but I believe they will play and want to see them play, especially Randle. Man, do I miss that guy. I think it was a colossal blunder letting him go. He's putting up all-star numbers and we have no one who eats glass like him other than Chandler. I also think he would have fit in just fine with LeBron, thank you. I just don't understand that, even if it was for cap space next summer to land Durant or whomever. He could have been traded into someone else's cap space. Then again, I shouldn't complain because Magic and Rob have rightened the ship, so I should just defer to their two year plan. Go Lakers!

I think your losing streak comes to an end tonight :rthup: . We aren't losing 3 in a row. What do you think of the AD trade rumors going on Ken?
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:38 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:I think your losing streak comes to an end tonight :rthup: . We aren't losing 3 in a row. What do you think of the AD trade rumors going on Ken?

It's all bullshit.I believe Alvin Gentry. They are not trading Anthony Davis. If they do, it will be the same shit all over again and they will take the best offer that comes their way. Remember, OKC took a chance on PG and Toronto took a chance on Kawhi without any guarantees, so if he's traded my guess is that it won't be to the Lakers. I also don't think that Magic and Rob will give away the shop without a guarantee and that it will take the shop to acquire him. He's not demanding a trade and the Pellies are saying they won't trade him. Period.
KobeMVP888

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:38 am

KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:42 am

Ken would you trade Kuzma, Ingram, and Hart + a 1st Round pick for AD? We would still have Ball + LeBron and AD. LeBron and AD are 2 of the Top 5 players in the league. Just a hypothetical but would you do that if the Pelicans wanted it?
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:49 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:Ken would you trade Kuzma, Ingram, and Hart + a 1st Round pick for AD? We would still have Ball + LeBron and AD. LeBron and AD are 2 of the Top 5 players in the league. Just a hypothetical but would you do that if the Pelicans wanted it?

Only with a guarantee from AD that he would re-sign. I'd rather see them keep Kuz and give them multiple picks or even some combo of Svi, Wagner and Bonga.

Mike, this ain't happening. It's all fluff.

KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:57 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:Ken would you trade Kuzma, Ingram, and Hart + a 1st Round pick for AD? We would still have Ball + LeBron and AD. LeBron and AD are 2 of the Top 5 players in the league. Just a hypothetical but would you do that if the Pelicans wanted it?

Only with a guarantee from AD that he would re-sign. I'd rather see them keep Kuz and give them multiple picks or even some combo of Svi, Wagner and Bonga.

Mike, this ain't happening. It's all fluff.

I know it probably isn't but I am just having fun with it. I pray AD doesn't go to Boston, that would suck. Randle looks like he will play tonight. I am a Randle fan and wished we could've brought him back. He is a brute inside the paint and a lefty, lefties are tough to stop. He reminds me of ZBo. Many people in Indy want Le'veon Bell here (as Bell seems to love Luck on Twitter) but I keep telling them it won't happen. Hey rumors are fun though, who knows what Magic has up his sleeve??
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:15 pm

WELL THIS SUCKS!
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:18 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:

WELL THIS SUCKS!

Damn that is BAD! We may lose :pissedkobe:
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:50 pm

I may be going to see a scrimmage tonight!
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:01 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:

I may be going to see a scrimmage tonight!

It's the LeBron and AD conspiracy going on :waaaaa: . Hey enjoy a big thing of Nachos with Cheese and a huge Beer, it will still be fun :rthup: .
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:55 pm

Sorry for not checking in, I'm a busy guy lately with family stuff, work and all. Looking SO forward to X-mas Day and especially Jan. 1st when I will be camped out watching college football ALL DAY.

Looks like LeBron wasn't that sick after all, huh? Home cooking. I wonder if there's a way to bring Julius back - I saw certain conflicts with his ball-handling and paint presence in a LeBron-led Lakers, but yes Ken you're right he could have been everything JaVale and Tyson are and more. The thing is, McGee and Chandler are battle-tested, cheap and ultimately expendable. For Magic's long-term plan, Randle would have been the money and contract we just couldn't squeeze in. Out of respect we let him go, I think. I'd love to re-acquire him, especially when Lonzo finally proves beyond the shadow of a doubt that he's a bust and not anywhere near the kind of player we believed he would be :waaaaa: . Think about this, though: JaVale, Tyson, Rajon, Lance . . who stays, who goes? And why, and for what? I agree we aren't going to get AD -- just like we were never going to get LeBron. Unibrow and The King could probably hit the court with Hart, Kuzma, Rondo, Svi, Lance and Swaggy P and get a 5th seed.

Anyway :threadjacked: :offtopic: :tmi: :soapbox: :snapout: :deskbang:
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:47 am

As usual because it was a Friday night game, I missed it. I work early days on Saturday and Sunday and nights throughout the week. Anytime there is a game on Friday or Saturday night I am screwed. I am off this upcoming week from Tuesday-Friday and I can't wait, I need it badly. Work has me burned out. Going out to mom's Tuesday (she will cook a big feast) and staying until Thursday, camp out, eat, drink some, and relax. Anyway, glad to see we won :kingclaphands: . LeBron put it to the Pelicans with a TDB. I am sure Ken had a blast.
3Peatkb24

Next

Return to LakerTalk