Gm 22: Lakers at Timberwolves GAME THREAD

Re: Gm 22: Lakers at Timberwolves GAME THREAD

Postby Julius Russell » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:29 pm

Kids were played and were up to the task, which means Byron pushed the correct buttons.
Julius Russell

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:39 pm

Winning isn't everything . . I'll let you finish the rest. :confused:
lakerevolution

Postby Lakers4Life » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:45 pm

lakerevolution wrote:Winning isn't everything . . I'll let you finish the rest. :confused:

.. "It's not if you win or lose...it's how you play the game"!
Lakers4Life

Postby Lakers4Life » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:47 pm

#MoralVictory
Lakers4Life

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:49 pm

Yeah I can live with a loss like this because Russell and Randle played well.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:54 am

People, people, people. Let's take 10 steps back and punt. Tell me, would you trade rosters straight up with Minny? I would. Yet it's OK for their kids to take their normal time to develop, but not ours. Karl Anthony Towns will be a perennial all-star in this league. He's easily the head of that class, although Porzingus isn't far behind. Andrew Wiggins is also likely to be a top 10 player. And wouldn't you love to have Shabazz Muhammad?

HAVING SAID THAT, our toddlers didn't look so bad against theirs, now did they? Let them grow. Once they grow, the big boys who are already wearing pants will come and we will rise to the top again. There isn't a damn thing wrong with waiting 10 years. Some teams never get theirs. You don't have to go any further than our own building. Perhaps Kobe's parting gift to us will be Ben Simmons. Who knows.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:51 pm

I know we have one of the worst rosters in the league, all I really want to see is development and improvement. What I seen last night from Russell and Randle is acceptable. They played well, looked sharp/not lost, and gave 100% right to the end. Losing like we did last night doesn't bother me. Regarding perhaps landing Ben Simmons - Now that would be huge! We would have Russell, Clarkson, Randle, and Simmons for a great/young foundation.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:01 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:I know we have one of the worst rosters in the league, all I really want to see is development and improvement. What I seen last night from Russell and Randle is acceptable. They played well, looked sharp/not lost, and gave 100% right to the end. Losing like we did last night doesn't bother me. Regarding perhaps landing Ben Simmons - Now that would be huge! We would have Russell, Clarkson, Randle, and Simmons for a great/young foundation.

If I'm Mitch, I would be looking to sell high on Clarkson. Let someone else overpay him next season. That's just me and what I see, and what I see is Clarkson, not Kobe, stunting D-lo's growth moving forward. Clarkson wants the ball in his hands. So does Russell. So does Randle. There's only one ball. Trade for a "3 and D" guy (man, do I ever hate that expression)! Maybe Minny would be interested in Clarkson for Shabazz. I'm dying to see Anthony Brown play, too. I wish Byron would play Black instead of Robert Stiffre.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:10 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:I know we have one of the worst rosters in the league, all I really want to see is development and improvement. What I seen last night from Russell and Randle is acceptable. They played well, looked sharp/not lost, and gave 100% right to the end. Losing like we did last night doesn't bother me. Regarding perhaps landing Ben Simmons - Now that would be huge! We would have Russell, Clarkson, Randle, and Simmons for a great/young foundation.

If I'm Mitch, I would be looking to sell high on Clarkson. Let someone else overpay him next season. That's just me and what I see, and what I see is Clarkson, not Kobe, stunting D-lo's growth moving forward. Clarkson wants the ball in his hands. So does Russell. So does Randle. There's only one ball. Trade for a "3 and D" guy (man, do I ever hate that expression)! Maybe Minny would be interested in Clarkson for Shabazz. I'm dying to see Anthony Brown play, too. I wish Byron would play Black instead of Robert Stiffre.

I know I am starting to wonder if Clarkson and Russell will be able to coexist in the future because they are players that both need the ball a lot to be effective. We could probably get someone Good for Clarkson in a trade I would think as perhaps Russell should end up the better player would be the thinking. Add in Randle perhaps a Simmons with Russell and a "3 and D" guy LOL, (everytime I hear that term I think of Tom :waaaaa:) we may have something even better soon. I agree, I like Black much better than Stiffhead. What is it with our organization that loves him so much?
3Peatkb24

Postby NuggetsCountry » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:49 pm

The Lakers keep saying they like Sacre because of his salary. Hell if they just want a cheap slot filled one of my sons could do it for that kinda money!
Image :yeahthat:
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

{ IMAGES }: 7

Previous

Return to LakerTalk