Happy Thanksgiving everyone

Happy Thanksgiving everyone

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:46 pm

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, it isn't even close. I guess perhaps because my mother cooks a feast each year for my step-dad and myself. There will be a Turkey and Ham, + Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes, Mac N Cheese, Green Beans, Rolls, Pumpkin Pie, and alot of homemade Deviled Eggs too. She is a magnificent cook so everything is great, not bland - just great stuff! I have 1 more day of work this week which is tomorrow/Wednesday and will get off tomorrow evening. Going out to mom's tomorrow night and I am off work until late Monday night actually after tomorrow evening. Bringing a Half Gallon of Crown out mom's and will eat and drink and be merry. Spurs play at Pacers on Friday night and Jazz at Lakers late Friday night on NBA TV, finally off on a Saturday (I usually work days on Saturday) so I can watch both games :rthup:.

-Things I am thankful for =

1. Being in great health

2. My family - as my mother and real father are still alive, my step-dad is as well and all are in decent health

3. Friends - I have 2, I would say probably 3 really great friends here in Indy that I can trust and have you guys in here/this Site

4. Having a job that pays the bills

5. Laker Basketball and the 10 Championships I have witnessed in my lifetime = 1980, 82, 85, 87, 88, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

6. Colts Football winning the Superbowl in 2006

7. Cubs Baseball winning the World Series in 2016

-Happy Thanksgiving Brethren :slamdunk:
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Re: Happy Thanksgiving everyone

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:18 am

It's interesting that even though America has been a little screwy lately, what with all the social and political drama, people really seem to be into the holiday season this year. I grew up going either to huge out-of-town family functions or having a huge feast at home, but nowadays it's just me and my little family spending the day together. My wife's mother can really cook her ass off, so I just let her do everything and relax. I may do some deviled eggs just to snack on, and we're giving turkey a rest this year amid the E. Coli scare. It'll be salmon and a couple cornish hens plus all the sides, and of course a copious amount of beer and some kind of whiskey to sip on. I don't drink Crown, but I have been getting into a few single malt scotches lately.

I have a lot to be thankful for, as everyone is basically happy and healthy and working on our goals and dreams. The noxious smoke from the fires has mostly dissipated and we're expecting a little rain this week which is much needed. Our Lakers seem to be developing into an above -.500 team at least, and we have many more months to see how the squad grows and changes.

I'm in the field of retail management, so prepping for Black Friday and the holiday shopping madness is my main challenge right now - but I love to work with people and lead teams to success, so the rest of 2018 should be fun.

We've all been blogging non-stop with each other for at least, what -- 8 years now?? So I'll just say thanks for putting up with me :boozbuds: and here's to many more discussions to come! :eatpilgrim:
Last edited by lakerevolution on Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:10 am

Great stuff, fellers! Yep, we'll be hosting Thanksgiving for the 29th time out of the last 31 years. It'll be 3 families and somewhere between 30-35 people. We kick it off with a breakfast frittata around 10:30 that is loaded with all kinds of shit (sausage, bacon, chorizo, Taylor Pork Roll, sun dried tomatoes, roasted red peppers, fresh asparagus, artichoke hearts, cream cheese, multiple other cheeses and 30 eggs). Dinner is around 5:00 and it's similar to 3Peat's with some twists and turns.

I'm not going to the Jazz game (although my kids and nephew are making rumblings, so I haven't ruled it out completely), but I am going to Sunday's early Grudge Match against the Magic. Don't forget that it's a 12:30 PDT game.

Have a joyous, healthy, Happy Thanksgiving!
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby srafrank » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:58 pm

Short and to the point.
Give thanks no matter what day it is. We're not promised tomorrow.
Thank you all for hanging around.
srafrank

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:46 pm

Great stuff! I am at mom's now, finally off work for a while and now it's Crown time, then bed time for a big day tomorrow.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:50 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:Great stuff! I am at mom's now, finally off work for a while and now it's Crown time, then bed time for big day tomorrow.

I'm prepping and listening to some tunes. Crown, huh? I think I will join you, me brother. Cheers! :cheers:
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:57 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:Great stuff! I am at mom's now, finally off work for a while and now it's Crown time, then bed time for big day tomorrow.

I'm prepping and listening to some tunes. Crown, huh? I think I will join you, me brother. Cheers! :cheers:

:cheers: Yeah I can drink other stuff too but I like Crown, it just taste good and is smooth. I figured I would drink 1 strong one tonight before I crash in a little while. I am going to gain 5 pounds tomorrow and really drink and be merry :waaaaa: . I really didn't get a chance to watch the Lakers game tonight, my work schedule has been crazy lately. I seen we were actually down 99-91 with like 4 minutes left. I am glad we won, a loss like that would've been embarrassing. Now that we have LeBron we should beat most of the bad to average teams which will get us in the Playoffs. 10-7 is respectable, I'll take it for now.
3Peatkb24

Postby Moos » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:55 am

I just want to wish everybody a Happy Thanksgiving. May you all feel thankful and blessed.
Moos

Postby srafrank » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:57 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:Great stuff! I am at mom's now, finally off work for a while and now it's Crown time, then bed time for a big day tomorrow.

I don't drink very often, but when I do lately it's Apple Crown. Try a Washington Apple Martini and let me know what you think.
Cheers Laker Brother.
L :cheers: A :cheers: K :cheers: E :cheers: R :cheers: S
srafrank

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:34 am

srafrank wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:Great stuff! I am at mom's now, finally off work for a while and now it's Crown time, then bed time for a big day tomorrow.

I don't drink very often, but when I do lately it's Apple Crown. Try a Washington Apple Martini and let me know what you think.
Cheers Laker Brother.
L :cheers: A :cheers: K :cheers: E :cheers: R :cheers: S

Too many championships have led to the sweetness of our elixirs, I think. Drink a hearty ale, imbibe a glass of straight whiskey, gnaw on a leg of roasted meat and give thanks to the stars that created us, my fellow men! We have business that no amount of flowery sippings can handle. My glass is raised :LOBtrophy:
lakerevolution

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:37 am

We have lost a couple along the way as well. Thor is RIP, and Spidey is AWOL. Blessings to them and their families as we celebrate the life of ours.
lakerevolution

Postby NuggetsCountry » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:02 am

It has been a difficult year around our mountain paradise, but I am finally into the holiday seasons and looking forward to major trips next year and some more checks off the bucket list. I haven't really taken the time to update this blog's picture, but if you have some you would like to have rotate, please email them my way or put them in the Gallery (button above).

Been into whiskey and egg nog now that the season is here, but I don't really drink more than one a day. Not certain if the heart and brain will hold out for many more, but this one is here, so celebrate with friends and family whilst we can. Just saw a Donna Summer bit on the Macy's parade, and remembered the fun days of disco. Yes..............I had the Travolta white suit!

Have not had League Pass since Kobe left the building with 60, but now that Lebronze is a Laker, we get a bunch of Laker games on network TV. I don't think I'll be around for #18, when we pass the hated greenies. I really am not a fan of the 3-ball only garbage, but it is what it is.

Still wish I could get out to LA and take in some games with Kenny and the crew. Keep raising a toast to our blog buddies here and above, and certainly buy Ken a drink when in LA!!! He is paying for this blog privilege, while dealing with significant burdens himself.

Glad we are all Laker fanatics to the end, despite politics and religion and distance.

Happy Thanksgiving True Fans!
Image :yeahthat:
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

{ IMAGES }: 7

Postby srafrank » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:30 pm

Postby NuggetsCountry » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:02 am
Not certain if the heart and brain will hold out for many more, but this one is here, so celebrate with friends and family whilst we can. Just saw a Donna Summer bit on the Macy's parade, and remembered the fun days of disco. Yes..............I had the Travolta white suit!
Hello Mr. Golden Nugget.
Soon we will be wearing our own White Suit...it will suit us just fine.
For now lets just Dance and enjoy what remains of this earthly tent of ours.
No matter what, we Win more than #18 in fact we will never lose.
Blessings are not gained they're a gift, enjoy them all Brother.
:standingO:

-Frank
Last edited by srafrank on Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
srafrank

Postby srafrank » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:47 pm

5 Things For Lakers Fans To Be Thankful For On Thanksgiving

Enjoy:

https://www.lakersnation.com/five-thing ... 018/11/22/
srafrank

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:32 pm

Gotta be thankful for everyone in here . . we are all pieces of a big wonderful puzzle and our mutual love for that common finish line exceeds all personal prejudices. Eat well because tomorrow we dine in HELL
:duel:
lakerevolution

Next

Return to LakerTalk