Preseason Game 5: 10/10/18 Warriors at Lakers GAME THREAD

Preseason Game 5: 10/10/18 Warriors at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:55 am

(1-2) WARRIORS at LAKERS (1-3)

Wednesday, October 10, 2018 7:30 PM PDT
T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, NV

Referees: Rodney Mott (#71), Tre Maddox (#73), Leon Wood (#40)

Replay Center: Matt Boland, Zach Zarba

Line: OFF

National TV: ESPN Local TV: Spectrum SportsNet

GAME PREVIEW: WARRIORS AT LAKERS

by Joey Ramirez, nba.com

Here is what you need to know before the Lakers’ Las Vegas matchup with the Golden State Warriors.

1) Lonzo’s back

For the first time in more than six months, Lonzo Ball will suit up for the Lakers. The 2017 second-overall pick had spent training camp working his way back from arthroscopic surgery on his left knee, and now he is ready for his preseason debut.

Ball — who started 50 of his 52 games last year — will come off the bench in Vegas, running point for the second unit. However, coach Luke Walton expects him to play in lineups composed of both starters and reserves.

Lonzo — owner of the NBA’s third-highest individual pace last season — should jump-start a team that is already running at every chance it gets. And while he wasn’t able to work on the court much over the summer, he did bulk up, estimating that he added another 15-20 pounds, which he says will help him get to the basket and switch onto bigger players.

2) Don’t forget about Rajon

With Ball serving as a substitute, Rajon Rondo will continue to start at point guard for the Lakers. The three-time NBA assists champion has shown his passing brilliance often this preseason.

The definition of a pass-first player, Rondo has more than twice as many assists (28) as shots attempts (12) so far, with only nine turnovers mixed in.

He has also been effective when he has decided to try to score, hitting half of his field goal attempts, including 4-of-5 from 3-point range, as some opponents have been burned by daring him to shoot.

Walton said that he wants to get a look at Rondo and Ball on the floor together — giving the Lakers two or three (depending on LeBron James’ presence) elite playmakers on the court at the same time — so keep an eye out for multi-point-guard lineups.

3) The 2-guard battle is in swing

While we know that Ball will be in action, Josh Hart is considered questionable to play due to a tweaked hamstring suffered in Monday’s practice. He has started at shooting guard twice this preseason, while Kentavious Caldwell-Pope has made the other two starts.

The two have similar player profiles: Both are 3-point shooters, finishers at the rim, elite positional rebounders and strong perimeter defenders.

So far, Hart has found more success in preseason, averaging 11.5 points while shooting 45.5 percent from the field and 33.3 on 3-pointers. KCP has put up 7.3 points and hit 36.0 percent and 14.3, respectively.

While preseason can only indicate so much, Hart has also played better among the starters, scoring 15.5 points with the opening five and 7.5 off the bench.

The battle for the starting shooting guard spot is one of the most closely contested battles of training camp. We’ll see whether Hart plays and if either player further makes his case in Vegas.

https://www.nba.com/lakers/news/181010- ... s-warriors
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Re: Preseason Game 5: 10/10/18 Warriors at Lakers GAME THREA

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:17 pm

Fun first quarter. Kuzma is still pressing and Lonzo is rusty as hell, but so what on both fronts. KCP looking confident.

Got our tickets for the season today! Some fun games. We got opening night, but we're selling it. Probably make about $400- 500 each on them. Suckahs!
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:50 pm

Now THAT was about as entertaining a first half of preseason basketball as you can ask for!

HAVING SAID THAT, the young'ns look like they are pressing out there. Learning how to play with LeBron and feeling comfortable about it is going to take some time.
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:04 am

I missed the game but we won 123-113. Durant, Curry, and Thompson all played several minutes too. I see Ingram and Kuzma put up big numbers. Great stuff!
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:25 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:I missed the game but we won 123-113. Durant, Curry, and Thompson all played several minutes too. I see Ingram and Kuzma put up big numbers. Great stuff!

Without great numbers, Lonzo impressed me the most given all that time away from the basketball court. He will affect games more than anyone other than LeBron this season IMO.
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:34 pm

Was out of range the last two days, but I see Ingram shimmied Durant to the bench and we got good points from KCP.

Might be an ok team this year if we focus.
lakerevolution

Return to LakerTalk