Preseason Game 3: 10/04/18 Queens at Lakers GAME THREAD

Re: Preseason Game 3: 10/04/18 Queens at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:26 pm

Lance had a move earlier where he took off from the FT line and did a Magic Johnson Finger Roll, he banked it in "lol4:. How he does that shit is unreal. You guys are going to love him in LA! He is just a crazy spark plug :slamdunk:
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:17 am

Kings took 99 shots to our 77, wow. They dished 27 dimes to our 19 and hit 13 treys to our 6. Our slight edge in FG%, rebounds and points in the paint is what saved us -- oh and making 40 free throws to their 20. Talk about your home cooking!
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:52 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:Lance had a move earlier where he took off from the FT line and did a Magic Johnson Finger Roll, he banked it in "lol4:. How he does that shit is unreal. You guys are going to love him in LA! He is just a crazy spark plug :slamdunk:

I already can't stand him. I just ask myself: "Why?" No Lance, Beasley and Zubac and it seems like they could have worked out the same deal for Julius that the Peilies gave him and signed Rondo, too. Then again, maybe Julius was adamant about wanting out. His mpg would have likely gone down with LeBron essentially taking his spot and Kuz likely getting an increased role.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:01 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:I already can't stand him. I just ask myself: "Why?" No Lance, Beasley and Zubac and it seems like they could have worked out the same deal for Julius that the Peilies gave him and signed Rondo, too. Then again, aybe Julius was adamant about wanting out. His mpg would have likely gone down with LeBron essentially taking his spot and Kuz likely getting an increased role.

Yeah, he is "entertaining" but I have yet to see what (besides on defense?) his purpose is, unless Magic likes his energy to spur the youngsters. He has that inevitable J.R. Smith feel :bomb: , but hopefully he can be that kind of Horry/Fox/Shaw/Metta utility guy who patches holes in our flow at the right times and gives our main guys a few minutes of rest.

As for Randle - yes, our puzzle needs Kuzma, LeBron, Ingram, Hart . . and then the plans to bring in JaVale and Beasley obviously made Randle overkill. Maybe it was a mix of logistics and personal beef - he seemed to be a guy who would bleed P&G for years - but Magic has set up this season and this roster, many believe, to deliver a stellar points/rebounds monster either at the deadline or next summer. Something that retaining Randle would not have allowed.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:41 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:Lance had a move earlier where he took off from the FT line and did a Magic Johnson Finger Roll, he banked it in "lol4:. How he does that shit is unreal. You guys are going to love him in LA! He is just a crazy spark plug :slamdunk:

I already can't stand him. I just ask myself: "Why?" No Lance, Beasley and Zubac and it seems like they could have worked out the same deal for Julius that the Peilies gave him and signed Rondo, too. Then again, aybe Julius was adamant about wanting out. His mpg would have likely gone down with LeBron essentially taking his spot and Kuz likely getting an increased role.

I liked Randle but IMO, us not signing Randle had more to do with him and his agent than it did Magic and Rob. From what I have read in the past and even from the Posts over at Tom's, Randle wanted to leave. So why try to re-sign a guy that doesn't want to be a part of your organization? Regarding Lance he probably won't get many minutes anyway but when he does he will be a spark plug and help our team, JMO. By the way Kuzma is a better player than Randle so Kuzma can easily fill his void now that we have LeBron too.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:03 am

By the way we set a record today on the Site. 47 Guests were here earlier when I was logged on :kingclaphands:
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:11 pm

lakerevolution wrote: ... but Magic has set up this season and this roster, many believe, to deliver a stellar points/rebounds monster either at the deadline or next summer. Something that retaining Randle would not have allowed.

Riddle me this. Julius is on a cheap 9 mil contract with a cheap 9 mil player option. How difficult would he have been to move to clear space for LeBron's #2if it came to that? With all this cap space next summer, what's the likelihood of Randle exercising his player option anyway. Slim to none, withe Slim leaving the building if Randle stays healthy and plays well. Randle must have foolishly wanted out in a bad way.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:17 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:I liked Randle but IMO, us not signing Randle had more to do with him and his agent than it did Magic and Rob. From what I have read in the past and even from the Posts over at Tom's, Randle wanted to leave. So why try to re-sign a guy that doesn't want to be a part of your organization? Regarding Lance he probably won't get many minutes anyway but when he does he will be a spark plug and help our team, JMO. By the way Kuzma is a better player than Randle so Kuzma can easily fill his void now that we have LeBron too.

I'm just being selfish. Randle is one of the best small ball centers in the NBA and that is a glaring hole in our roster, whether Kuzma is "better" than Randle or not. I disagree with that, BTW. Randle was our best player last season.
KobeMVP888

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:19 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:By the way we set a record today on the Site. 47 Guests were here earlier when I was logged on :kingclaphands:

NUGGZ - IF YOU'RE LISTENING - IS THERE ANY WAY TO OPEN THIS SITE UP FOR NEW BLOGGERS IN A WAY WHERE I CAN MAKE THE DECISION TO LET THEM IN OR NOT?
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:30 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:I liked Randle but IMO, us not signing Randle had more to do with him and his agent than it did Magic and Rob. From what I have read in the past and even from the Posts over at Tom's, Randle wanted to leave. So why try to re-sign a guy that doesn't want to be a part of your organization? Regarding Lance he probably won't get many minutes anyway but when he does he will be a spark plug and help our team, JMO. By the way Kuzma is a better player than Randle so Kuzma can easily fill his void now that we have LeBron too.

I'm just being selfish. Randle is one of the best small ball centers in the NBA and that is a glaring hole in our roster, whether Kuzma is "better" than Randle or not. I disagree with that, BTW. Randle was our best player last season.

Yeah I hated losing Randle, he would've been a perfect Small Ball Center IMO on the Lakers. I do think Kuzma is a little better but Kuzma isn't a Center at all so I get your point.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:00 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:

Yeah I hated losing Randle, he would've been a perfect Small Ball Center IMO on the Lakers. I do think Kuzma is a little better but Kuzma isn't a Center at all so I get your point.

A 3-4-5 rotation of Ingram-LeBron-McGee-Kuz-Randle would have been sweet.
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:03 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:

A 3-4-5 rotation of Ingram-LeBron-McGee-Kuz-Randle would have been sweet.

Yeah keeping Randle would've been nice and gave us more depth up front. I wanted to keep him because of our Center situation. Kuzma is a Good PF and I like his overall game a tad better than Randle's but Randle can play Center because he is more physical. I am hoping Zubac improves and McGee just plays his role well at Center. Kuzma will have a Good to Great season IMO playing the 3 and 4 at times. Ingram can play the 2 or 3 so we have several players that can play different positions which makes us dangerous. LeBron of course can play all positions like Magic used too but I still don't like him at Center.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:24 pm

Could Julius and LeBron - regular season - have co-existed as starters? Seems that LeBron would naturally "stifle the growth" of at least one of our young stars, and Julius' growth may have been the #1 casualty. He needs and deserves starter's minutes to reach his full potential, and having to let LeBron eat might not have worked out . . put it this way -- Julius or Brandon Ingram? One had to go. Ingram is proving that he was the one to keep, and a natural complement to King James.
lakerevolution

Previous

Return to LakerTalk