Media Day

Media Day

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:09 am

I have nothing. Starting tomorrow, WE will!

I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Re: Media Day

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:45 pm

Lonzo's knee? LeBron at the 5? Luke's projected lineups? And what might Magic have up his sleeve or in his hat to surprise us at the mid-season trade deadline?

https://lakeshowlife.com/2018/09/20/que ... media-day/
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:59 am

lakerevolution wrote:Lonzo's knee? LeBron at the 5? Luke's projected lineups? And what might Magic have up his sleeve or in his hat to surprise us at the mid-season trade deadline?

1) Lonzo will be 100% by the end of camp and will play in at least 2 pre-season games.

2) LeBron at the 5 is being overblown. We'll see more second unit lineups of Beasley at the 5: Beaz, Kuz, Hart, Lance, Rondo. Try outscoring THAT second unit!

3) Luke has his work cut out for him. I think we'll see a starting lineup of Javale, LeBron, BI, KCP an Lonzo and a second unit as previously stated. Our rookies will be brought along very slowly and we'll see Zubac only in certain match up situations. I believe he will grow frustrated this season. Luke's biggest task will be limiting LeBron's minutes. LeBron is very much like Kobe in that regard; HE wants to dictate his playing time. He is also like Kobe because he wants to play with the guys who competed the hardest against him: Exhibits 1 & 2 - Lance and Rondo.

4) Magic recently said that we will back this season and that we'll be "back, back, back" next season. That tells me he already knows who is coming. Is it KD? AD? Will he trade for AD at the trade deadline given AD's hiring of Klutch?

I'm looking forward to hearing from LeBron's mouth why he chose the Lakers. I'm looking forward to hearing something different hat what we already assume. I can't wait to see the improvement of our young core. Kuz, BI, Lonzo and even Josh Hart all have stud potential in this league. Also, KCP is only 25 and ready to enter his prime without the legal shit hanging over his head and without having to be a veteran presence anymore. He now joins the young core, if you will, with Josh Hart and Lance being the only pressure on him. We're loaded at pf (LBJ, Kuz, Beaz), loaded at pg (Lonzo, Rondo). loaded at sf (BI, pick your back up)) and loaded at sg (KCP, Hart, Lance, Svi).

Go Lakers!
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:45 pm

After watching many of the interviews today, I came away with one thought that I had not seriously considered before.

Rajon Rondo should start. Chemistry between Rondo and LeBron could be the single most important factor to a potentially deep playoff run and they need to learn each other's tendencies. They deeply respect each other's basketball IQ and James Worthy made a very interesting comment about Rondo. He feels that by signing Rondo, the Lakers in effect got their second "elite player" that everyone was talking about. His explanation was the typical one you hear from the Lakers Showtime core, but it was mainly that he was the leader on winning teams that went deep into the playoffs. Also, Lonzo has younger legs than Rondo and is faster, so his spark off the bench along with Kuzma, Hart, Lance and Beasley would lend to a more dynamic second unit. That, along with the annual blah, blah, blah about how everyone worked their asses off and are in great shape, were the two main takeaways. While I hope the latter is true, I bet you hear that from everyone on every team on Media Day.
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:23 pm

Rondo is good for, what -- 30 minutes max? If that? He doesn't have AD to serve, but maybe JaVale, Beasley and LeBron will fill that ambition. Until Lonzo is healthy, why not split the minutes equally in the first trimester? In the crap shoot between "youth chemistry and development" and WINS, methinks WINS will take precedence and the youngsters who take advantage of their contributory minutes will rise to the top. We're going to the playoffs, ladies, and there's no crying in the playoffs . . if you get my Tom Hanks reference. If Lonzo, Beasley or Hart is floundering, they'll see more pine. So be it. We have to get to 50 or bust and we can't afford to experiment for 30 games.
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:40 am

lakerevolution wrote:Rondo is good for, what -- 30 minutes max? If that? He doesn't have AD to serve, but maybe JaVale, Beasley and LeBron will fill that ambition. Until Lonzo is healthy, why not split the minutes equally in the first trimester? In the crap shoot between "youth chemistry and development" and WINS, methinks WINS will take precedence and the youngsters who take advantage of their contributory minutes will rise to the top. We're going to the playoffs, ladies, and there's no crying in the playoffs . . if you get my Tom Hanks reference. If Lonzo, Beasley or Hart is floundering, they'll see more pine. So be it. We have to get to 50 or bust and we can't afford to experiment for 30 games.

I'm thinking more along the lines of Rondo playing 22-23 mpg and Lonzo the balance. Rondo could start, then sit with Javale at the 6-7 minute mark of the first quarter and Luke can bring in Lonzo and Kuz at that point. A few minutes later, bring in Hart, Lance and Beaz and sit KCP, BI and LeBron. Then again, I defer to Luke Walton.
KobeMVP888

Return to LakerTalk