How many wins will the Lakers have in 18-2019?

How many wins will the Lakers have in 18-2019?

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:00 am

I am optimistic but not overly optimistic about the 2018-2019 Season. We will be Good but not Great. The Lakers only won 35 games last season but I am counting on players like Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, and Ball to be improved after gaining more NBA experience. I think all 4 will be better than last season. The addition of LeBron James is obviously gigantic, he alone gives us a +10 in wins. Also the addition of Rondo gives the team more leadership and more Championship experience. The re-signing of KCP will help the team as well and the signing of Lance Stephenson will give the team an additional spark at times. We still lack a True Good Center and we need another consistent shooter from the 3point line to get better. Having said that, all in all I have us pegged at 51 wins. That is a +16 in the win category compared to last season which is a huge improvement. 51-31 will get us in the Playoffs, I am just not sure where?

Final prediction = 51-31
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Re: How many wins will the Lakers have in 18-2019?

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:59 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:I am optimistic but not overly optimistic about the 2018-2019 Season. We will be Good but not Great. The Lakers only won 35 games last season but I am counting on players like Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, and Ball to be improved after gaining more NBA experience. I think all 4 will be better than last season. The addition of LeBron James is obviously gigantic, he alone gives us a +10 in wins. Also the addition of Rondo gives the team more leadership and more Championship experience. The re-signing of KCP will help the team as well and the signing of Lance Stephenson will give the team an additional spark at times. We still lack a True Good Center and we need another consistent shooter from the 3point line to get better. Having said that, all in all I have us pegged at 51 wins. That is a +16 in the win category compared to last season which is a huge improvement. 51-31 will get us in the Playoffs, I am just not sure where?

Final prediction = 51-31

I think you're in the ballpark, 3Peat. The X factors are the growth of our young players, how they fit with LeBron and whether LeBron will be able to adjust his game given that he truly has never played with pass first point guards like Lonzo and Rondo. That is going to be a HUGE adjustment for him. I do like that Luke talked about using LeBron in the post more often, which makes total sense for a bunch of reasons and I can also see him coming off the wing ala Kobe. LeBron having the block responsibilities is probably a huge reasons why they decided to let Randle go in exchange for cap flexibility next summer (not to mention trade chips with these expiring contracts at the trade deadline). It will take awhile to blend all these pieces and we are going to suffer some frustrating losses in the first half of the season as Luke figures this out. 48 to 52 wins seems very reasonable.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:08 pm

I think low-50s is a reasonable guess -- can't really see us losing 30+ games with this diverse and talented squad. Getting the starters and rotation to operate at near-top efficiency before regular season tip-off is key. I'll say 51-31 as well!
lakerevolution

Postby Moos » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:55 am

40/ 49!!! :redcard:
Moos

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:26 am

Kenny and Rev, yeah 51 sounds about right. Last season 51 would've got us a 3 seed, not sure this season? Teams like the Jazz and Thunder will be Good as well. I know it's way off but I would really like to see us sign Klay Thompson next summer. He would be the deadly 3point shooter we are missing and he's a Great all-around player just not a shooter. I think we win the Championship next season if that happens. That would weaken the Warriors a bit as well.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:46 am

Moos wrote:40/ 49!!! :redcard:

Moos, can you elaborate on why you think we'll win 45 games? That's essentially .500 ball, with proven players like LeBron, Kuzma, Stephenson, Hart, Ingram, Beasley, McGee, Rondo, etc. I can see a learning curve early in the season and a couple bad losses maybe to the elites of the league, but even in the West our lineup can match up with just about any playoff-hopeful - especially if/when we get our rhythm and gel together. Literally the only advantage good teams will have is their continuity and/or playoff experience. LeBron, JaVale, Lance and Rajon all have tons of playoff/Finals experience, and that kind of locker room influence cannot be dismissed. I think anything less than 50 wins and a 6th seed will be a definite failure - not just in the eyes of fans, but for our front office as well.
lakerevolution

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:00 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:Kenny and Rev, yeah 51 sounds about right. Last season 51 would've got us a 3 seed, not sure this season? Teams like the Jazz and Thunder will be Good as well. I know it's way off but I would really like to see us sign Klay Thompson next summer. He would be the deadly 3point shooter we are missing and he's a Great all-around player just not a shooter. I think we win the Championship next season if that happens. That would weaken the Warriors a bit as well.

In trying to restore the Lakers to their rightful place, Jeannie and Magic are certainly swinging for the fences and probably plan to do so next summer too. If any of the one-year veteran role players works out and wants to stay, we'll sign them to conservative multi-year deals to maintain flexibility. Others will move on to better situations with no hard feelings, and our youngsters will mature into stars in their own right.

Back to the swinging for the fences: It can fail. Trying to recreate what Jack Kent Cooke, Jerry West, Dr. Buss, Pat Riley, Mitch Kupchak and Phil Jackson did (not to mention Kareem, Magic, Worthy, Rambis, Scott, Green, Shaq, Kobe, Fisher, Horry etc.) is not guaranteed. I applaud Magic for trying though! The excitement is back!
lakerevolution

Postby NuggetsCountry » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:20 pm

I am concerned a "glue" player like Nance was traded away. If they don't make any more moves, I see a potential 45+ season and playoffs. Then 2nd round of playoffs will be a challenge................... :xfingers:
Image :yeahthat:
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

{ IMAGES }: 7

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:09 pm

NuggetsCountry wrote:I am concerned a "glue" player like Nance was traded away. If they don't make any more moves, I see a potential 45+ season and playoffs. Then 2nd round of playoffs will be a challenge................... :xfingers:

I never thought I would say this but I am glad LeBron is on our side now. Advantage us against alot of teams. He is a Laker now, so I have to root for him. I will always love Magic and Kobe more as they were TrueLakers but if LeBron can deliver us #17 in the next 2 years then I say welcome to the Laker family forever! The debates will go on forever who is better between Kobe and LeBron and Magic, etc.. I am putting that aside because I am focused on #17. We haven't won a Title since 2010 so I am ready for us to be back on top.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:44 pm

NuggetsCountry wrote:I am concerned a "glue" player like Nance was traded away. If they don't make any more moves, I see a potential 45+ season and playoffs. Then 2nd round of playoffs will be a challenge................... :xfingers:

Good point on Nance. He seemed to have decent chemistry with LeBron, but let's face it, LeBron is the real "glue" guy. He's the Super Glue between the young core and the Meme Team. Either that or he's defective tube that is rock hard when you puncture the top. Stay tuned.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:19 pm

Here's how I have always classified seasons in each sport:
Basketball
Make the Conference Finals = a Good season
Make the Finals = a Very Good season
Win the Finals = a Great season

Baseball
Make the NLCS/ALCS = a Good season
Make the WS = a Very Good season
Win the WS = a Great season

Football
Make the NFC/AFC Title Game = a Good season
Make the SB = a Very Good season
Win the SB = a Great season

-I guess my point is, I don't think anyone here will think this is a Good season unless we at least make the WCFinals. Especially now that we have LeBron.
3Peatkb24

Return to LakerTalk