2018 NBA Free Agency

Re: 2018 NBA Free Agency

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:50 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:
lakerevolution wrote:Hmm, LeBron, Lance, JaVale . . who's next???

I like it because we lack Centers. He isn't anything special but has his moments where he looks Great.

We all talked big shit about JaVale between 2008-2010, but he's become a real teddy bear in the Bay Area for the Warriors. He came to my son's school a couple years ago (with coach Mike Brown) to read kids books, and he just had a charity celebrity softball game at A's Stadium with all the Warriors. He earned a ton of league respect with his improved play in the last two post-seasons, and that kind of experience can't be taught. Really interested (and our haters are too) about how these guys will mesh with our youngsters. Lonzo . . you better be ready.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:56 pm

lakerevolution wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:
lakerevolution wrote:Hmm, LeBron, Lance, JaVale . . who's next???

I like it because we lack Centers. He isn't anything special but has his moments where he looks Great.

We all talked big shit about JaVale between 2008-2010, but he's become a real teddy bear in the Bay Area for the Warriors. He came to my son's school a couple years ago (with coach Mike Brown) to read kids books, and he just had a charity celebrity softball game at A's Stadium with all the Warriors. He earned a ton of league respect with his improved play in the last two post-seasons, and that kind of experience can't be taught. Really interested (and our haters are too) about how these guys will mesh with our youngsters. Lonzo . . you better be ready.

Actually he could start at Center if Randle is our PF, Kuz is a PF too.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby Moos » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:41 pm

Today was a good day in LA for me, let's rock Ron, I mean LeBron James. Perfect timing! Credit to the Lakers F O! Go Lakers :xclaphands:
Moos

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:33 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:Yeah, Magic is making a splash. The Lance signing is awesome because of the history he and LeBron have together. I say pass on Kawhi and just re-sign Randle. Lance will be our tough/crazy guy and get under opponents skin. We have alot of help around LeBron actually with Kuzma, Ingram, Lonzo, KCP, Hart, and now Lance. That is alot better than what the Cavs had last season even without Randle.

I actually disagree. As much as I love Randle, Brandon Ingram and Josh Hart, I would now trade them to the Spurs for Kawhi. Lance makes Hart unnecessary, Kawhi replaces Ingram and we simply have to move on from Julius, a potential All-Star, to get the third best player in the NBA. A starting lineup of Lonzo, KCP, Kawhi, LeBron and perhaps Brook Lopez, if he's willing to sign a cheap deal for one year, allows us to keep with the Warriors. Look at that perimeter defense! With Kuzma, Lance, Javale and whoever coming off the bench (maybe Rondo?), this is going to be one dynamic team to watch. Showtime is back, baby!
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:18 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:Yeah, Magic is making a splash. The Lance signing is awesome because of the history he and LeBron have together. I say pass on Kawhi and just re-sign Randle. Lance will be our tough/crazy guy and get under opponents skin. We have alot of help around LeBron actually with Kuzma, Ingram, Lonzo, KCP, Hart, and now Lance. That is alot better than what the Cavs had last season even without Randle.

I actually disagree. As much as I love Randle, Brandon Ingram and Josh Hart, I would now trade them to the Spurs for Kawhi. Lance makes Hart unnecessary, Kawhi replaces Ingram and we simply have to move on from Julius, a potential All-Star, to get the third best player in the NBA. A starting lineup of Lonzo, KCP, Kawhi, LeBron and perhaps Brook Lopez, if he's willing to sign a cheap deal for one year, allows us to keep with the Warriors. Look at that perimeter defense! With Kuzma, Lance, Javale and whoever coming off the bench (maybe Rondo?), this is going to be one dynamic team to watch. Showtime is back, baby!

I like this idea as well. We have alot of options now actually. Finally something to look forward too entering a season. We haven't had that since entering the 2012-2013 Season. 2018-2019 will be a blast!
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:33 am

"Newman is obviously no LeBron, but as undrafted free agents go he’s a pretty good prospect. ESPN had the Kansas guard ranked as the 48th-best prospect in the 2018 NBA Draft, meaning they would have projected him to get drafted. Instead, he went unselected and will take up one of the Lakers’ two-way contracts, with Alex Caruso taking the other one."

www.google.com/amp/s/www.silverscreenan ... nsas-guard
lakerevolution

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:47 am

Really good article by Sports Illustrated's Andrew Sharp about the impact LeBron may have as a Laker.

https://www.si.com/nba/2018/07/02/lebro ... kevin-love
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:27 am

Lets say Magic says, you know what I am done with Free Agency this year. I will wait until next summer and get Kawhi to sign (Kawhi has a player option next summer). We dont give up anything by doing that, wouldn't that be the smart thing to do? We won't give up any of our young players and just add Kawhi next summer when he can opt out. Win 50 games this season and get perhaps a 4 Seed, win 1 Playoff series, and have fun watching all year. Then next summer get Kawhi + who we have this year and win the Championship in 2020. Nobody is beating the Warriors right now anyway, so what I am saying makes alot of sense.

-By doing what I am saying, we would be loaded in 2019-2020. LeBron will still be Great, I give him a shelf life of at least 2 more Great seasons. Also we would still have Randle, Kuzma, Ingram, and Lonzo along with Kawhi for the future.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:27 am

Healthy, LeBron has at least 4 more elite seasons left. His new focus will be as an Alpha on a team of skilled producers - not the "everything" surrounded by a bunch of maybes. And can you really see Kawhi playing one more game for a Spurs team and fanbase/city that hates him? The rumors of him wanting to come to the Lakers seem founded in truth, so it's a matter of what Magic and Rob give up to get him. LeBron/Kawhi trumps Curry/Durant, minus the gel factor.

Fingers crossed that our FO is going all-in, including Boogie. The Randle situation is huge.
lakerevolution

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:47 pm

And now Rondo? Does this mean Lonzo's days in P&G are done?
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:56 pm

lakerevolution wrote:Healthy, LeBron has at least 4 more elite seasons left. His new focus will be as an Alpha on a team of skilled producers - not the "everything" surrounded by a bunch of maybes. And can you really see Kawhi playing one more game for a Spurs team and fanbase/city that hates him? The rumors of him wanting to come to the Lakers seem founded in truth, so it's a matter of what Magic and Rob give up to get him. LeBron/Kawhi trumps Curry/Durant, minus the gel factor.

Fingers crossed that our FO is going all-in, including Boogie. The Randle situation is huge.

I would definitely say LeBron has at least 2 Elite/Great seasons left, not sure about 4 as we will see on that one. He's played alot of minutes in his career and will be 34. I feel pretty good about him playing like he always does through 2020. We just renounced Randle's rights so he is now a Unrestricted Free Agency. I guess he will be gone. If we trade for Kawhi we need to keep Kuzma and just use Ingram and Hart and whatever else in that deal. Without Randle, Kuzma becomes very important.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:10 pm

Julius Randle just signed with the Pelicans, he's gone. Why only 2 years for 18 Mill? That is low.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:17 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:Julius Randle just signed with the Pelicans, he's gone.

Apparently he wanted out. Aaron Mintz represents D'Angelo Russell, Paul George and Julius Randle. In a sense, he fucked all of them over. Apparently, Mintz and Pelinka aren't exactly buddy-buddy.

Yet, we move on to .. Rajon Rondo as our back up point guard! Yeah, we all have our puke-in-the-mouth feelings about him, but he is a playoff warrior and has proven it repeatedly, including this year. LeBron is like Kobe; he wants to go to war WITH the guys who have stood up to him like Lance and Rondo. This has LeBron written all over it.

Conflicting reports, but there appears to be 5.7M left in cap space and they can create another 9.8M by waiving and stretching Deng.

I think one of two things happens: 1) Boogie comes on a one year deal (after dealing with Deng; W&S or trade) or 2) A Kawhi deal happens and we also bring back Brook Lopez.

This is a lot of fun. A little mind boggling, but fun.

Magic and LeBron like hard working competitors. While Lance, Javale and Rondo all have a few screws loose, they definitely compete!

How fun is this?!!
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:23 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:Julius Randle just signed with the Pelicans, he's gone.

Apparently he wanted out. Aaron Mintz represents D'Angelo Russell, Paul George and Julius Randle. In a sense, he fucked all of them over. Apparently, Mintz and Pelinka aren't exactly buddy-buddy.

Yet, we move on to .. Rajon Rondo as our back up point guard! Yeah, we all have our puke-in-the-mouth feelings about him, but he is a playoff warrior and has proven it repeatedly, including this year. LeBron is like Kobe; he wants to go to war WITH the guys who have stood up to him like Lance and Rondo. This has LeBron written all over it.

Conflicting reports, but there appears to be 5.7M left in cap space and they can create another 9.8M by waiving and stretching Deng.

I think one of two things happens: 1) Boogie comes on a one year deal (after dealing with Deng; W&S or trade) or 2) A Kawhi deal happens and we also bring back Brook Lopez.

This is a lot of fun. A little mind boggling, but fun.

Magic and LeBron like hard working competitors. While Lance, Javale and Rondo all have a few screws loose, they definitely compete!

How fun is this?!!

This has been a very fun offseason. This is what I call Lakers Basketball and was used to a decade ago. I would like to see us get another 3 point shooter to spread the floor but so far I can't complain. Very exciting times coming.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:41 pm

Rooting for LeBron will feel odd to me I have to admit, but when you gain a Top 4-7 player of all-time who still will be Great for at least 2 more years, maybe even 3 it is what it is. Just like Tom Brady, can't stand him but if he was the Colts QB what choice would I have LOL. The more I think about it, I hope we do go all in for Kawhi. I just hope we keep Kuzma is all I am asking. A Big 3 of LeBron/Kawhi/Kuzma as a stretch 4 looks so Great on paper. Kuzma is the real deal! Can Kawhi play SG? He is 6'7 and can make 3's + his Defense is stifling. I am thinking he can shut down any 2 Guard. I ask because I envision a lineup of:
PG Lonzo
SG Kawhi
SF LeBron
PF Kuzma
C perhaps Boogie or Lopez if we re-sign him?
3Peatkb24

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk