Paul George news!

Paul George news!

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:15 pm

"There's one advantage the Lakers have and it's that George is a California native. Specifically he's from Palmdale, about an hour's drive from Los Angeles.

Sports Illustrated recently acquired a transcript of the voice-over for a video of a free-agency pitch to someone from Palmdale. It doesn't take much to connect the dots here and assume it's a pitch for George:

"When you were just a kid

In your room
Dreaming from Palmdale

We were dreaming too.

While you dreamt, we built - built for your arrival

And while we dreamt, you built too
Becoming one of the world's greatest.

Life's most powerful dream are the one we realize ourselves. 

The ones that turn us into legends.
That kid from Palmdale always knew it
Now the world will, too."

The pitch itself is meant to appeal to growing up and playing for the hometown team.The Lakers would qualify as being someone from Palmdale's team they grew up watching."
lakerevolution

Re: Paul George news!

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:23 am

A successful off season would be to sign him and re-sign Randle and bring Lopez back. I say bring Lopez back because our Center position is weak. Lopez isn't a stiff and can clog the lane and he's a Good Scorer. Doesn't Rebound worth a crap but that is what we got Randle for. Most Lakers fans would look at what I posted as an uneventful off season but adding George and bringing the 2 guys back I mentioned should get us in the Playoffs as 7 or 8 Seed. The young guys in Lonzo, Kuzma, and Ingram all should be better. Hart should even be a bit better. We should be a 45/46 team which may get us in the Playoffs. I think adding George and the youngsters gelling for another year, we should be 10 games better than last year. It's a start in the right direction, then in 2020 Magic can make more splashes.
If we let Lopez go, maybe we gamble and just bring back I.Thomas and play small ball alot with Randle at Center??
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:16 pm

Yeah this a BS B/R article, but in reading it I am reminded that all these anal-journal-ysts (intended) are assuming that LeBron and Paul HAVE to get the maximum (LeBron at around 35 mil, Paul at maybe 26 mil?). If these two are colluding and conspiring with Jeannie et al, it would make much more sense to agree to take less (say, 30 mil for LeBron and 22 mil for Paul) so that the Lakers can at least attempt to 1) keep Randle, 2) keep the rest of the core intact until next summer's free agents become available, and/or 3) have assets to offer the Spurs for Kawhi, if any of this is at all remotely possible -- I don't know the free agent rules as well as some of you.

I know I'm dabbling in fantasy and mystery here, but if our FO is going to try and build a "superteam" to quickly get back up on the Mt. Olympus of the NBA, they might as well go all-in and strike while the iron is hot. It would take a while to adjust to seeing all those bodies in Laker uniforms, but hey this is the new NBA. Like it or leave it.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2782 ... -superteam
lakerevolution

Postby lakerevolution » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:45 pm

That BUM Carmelo won't hold them back, apparently. I wonder what they have planned? No big loss -- Paul George can languish in OKC while the Rockets, Warriors and whatever up-and-coming West teams look to bring more than the Thunder. Atn
least he's getting paid.
lakerevolution

Postby Lakers4Life » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:54 pm

He didn’t even give Magic a meeting after Magic got fined $500,000 US Dollars for “tampering”.....WHAT A PRICK!! F Him!!!
Lakers4Life

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:02 pm

Lakers4Life wrote:He didn’t even give Magic a meeting after Magic got fined $500,000 US Dollars for “tampering”.....WHAT A PRICK!! F Him!!!

:roflmao: Yeah he probably knows he fucked up now after LeBron signed with us "lol4:. Had he waited 1 more day things could've been different, he wont win anything with OKC. Westbrook is a Great player but that team has no chemistry. Pacers were better when he was there actually. I think it's funny! I agree, Fuck him at this point, he blew a chance to join the greatest franchise ever.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:57 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:
Lakers4Life wrote:He didn’t even give Magic a meeting after Magic got fined $500,000 US Dollars for “tampering”.....WHAT A PRICK!! F Him!!!

:roflmao: Yeah he probably knows he fucked up now after LeBron signed with us "lol4:. Had he waited 1 more day things could've been different, he wont win anything with OKC. Westbrook is a Great player but that team has no chemistry. Pacers were better when he was there actually. I think it's funny! I agree, Fuck him at this point, he blew a chance to join the greatest franchise ever.

He probably was informed of our FO's desires and didn't want to join the band. Playing 2nd fiddle to LeBron is like playing 2nd fiddle to Kobe -- why not get PAID and have a chance to be great on your team? IDK who else the Thunder plan on bringing aboard, but George better BALL OUT this season for what he's making. I guess he made his statement. I thought he would have looked great in purp n yellow but oh well. More minutes for our young squad.
lakerevolution

Postby Lakers4Life » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:06 am

He said it all to me when he said today that he wanted to win a championship in a city that had never won it before. So to him that’s bigger than winning a championship in L.A. to him because we have won so many.

Everything else is B.S.

So like Kobe said “It takes a special player to want to play for such a legendary franchise like The Lakers”!

And sorry Paul George....You are not that player. You’re taking an easier way out by trying to win in any other city besides the Lakers.
Lakers4Life

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:15 am

Lakers4Life wrote:He said it all to me when he said today that he wanted to win a championship in a city that had never won it before. So to him that’s bigger than winning a championship in L.A. to him because we have won so many.

Everything else is B.S.

So like Kobe said “It takes a special player to want to play for such a legendary franchise like The Lakers”!

And sorry Paul George....You are not that player. You’re taking an easier way out by trying to win in any other city besides the Lakers.

Why he would want to play with that BUM Carmelo escapes me. Maybe the possibility of Kawhi coming put him off. Maybe he knew Magic was bringing in Lance and he wasn't cool. Who the hell knows why these players are doing what they do in today's NBA.

I swear it's gonna take two years to get used to LeBron in a Lakers jersey.
lakerevolution

Postby lakerevolution » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:26 pm

What's the likelihood that he and Magic talked and hashed it out? Maybe he didn't want to team with LeBron?

www.lakersnation.com/paul-george-re-sig ... 018/07/28/
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:03 pm

lakerevolution wrote:What's the likelihood that he and Magic talked and hashed it out? Maybe he didn't want to team with LeBron?

http://www.lakersnation.com/paul-george ... 018/07/28/

You can take the boy out of Palmdale, but you can't take Palmdale out of the boy. L.A. ain't Palmdale; OKC is Palmdale. Fuck him. Pussy. He isn't worthy.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Return to LakerTalk