The 2018 NBA Playoffs THREAD

Re: The 2018 NBA Playoffs THREAD

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:33 pm

After tonight I think Paul George is ours for the taking. OKC got blasted by Utah. If Utah goes on to win this series, I think George is LA bound :beavis:. George actually scored 32 tonight but OKC just don't have it as a team. Maybe I was wrong about them meshing well together. I think George would be a perfect fit for us, here's why - Lonzo is a pass first PointG and his strength is passing unlike Westbrook who has a shoot first mentality. I can honestly picture a lineup next season of:

Lonzo - Averaged 10/7/7, will only get better in season 2! I bet he averages 10 Assists next season!
Ingram - Will only improve and get better, I like his HT playing the 2! He should have some big games.
George - Is an All-Star/borderline Superstar and still only 27!
Kuzma - He may be an All-Star next season? He can spread the floor as well with the 3!
Randle at Center - Small ball but Randle is real physical, he can handle it!
-Hart off the bench and just not sure after that because of how the Salary Cap plays into all of this? Do we bring back maybe KCP, Thomas, or Lopez or none of them? I would go after JJ Redick hard and pay him and cut ties with the other 3 guys I just mentioned if we cant afford any of them. JJ is lethal from 3.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:34 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:After tonight I think Paul George is ours for the taking. OKC got blasted by Utah. If Utah goes on to win this series, I think George is LA bound :beavis:. George actually scored 32 tonight but OKC just don't have it as a team. Maybe I was wrong about them meshing well together. I think George would be a perfect fit for us, here's why - Lonzo is a pass first PointG and his strength is passing unlike Westbrook who has a shoot first mentality. I can honestly picture a lineup next season of:

Lonzo - Averaged 10/7/7, will only get better in season 2! I bet he averages 10 Assists next season!
Ingram - Will only improve and get better, I like his HT playing the 2! He should have some big games.
Kuzma - He may be an All-Star next season? He can spread the floor as well with the 3!
-Hart off the bench and just not sure after that because of how the Salary Cap plays into all of this? Do we bring back maybe KCP, Thomas, or Lopez or none of them? I would go after JJ Redick hard and pay him and cut ties with the other 3 guys I just mentioned if we cant afford any of them. JJ is lethal from 3.

We'll see. It's funny but he looked like he got outplayed by Ingles despite his numbers. Melo is through. He hurts them. The issues are whether PG wants to give the growth thing with Westbrook a shot and also whether Clay Bennett is willing to pay him. The other rumor is that Philly wants him badly. PG may want back in the Eastern Conference and if that happens, they will be the next great team. It wouldn't surprise me at all if that's what he decides to do. It makes total sense.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:34 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:After tonight I think Paul George is ours for the taking. OKC got blasted by Utah. If Utah goes on to win this series, I think George is LA bound :beavis:. George actually scored 32 tonight but OKC just don't have it as a team. Maybe I was wrong about them meshing well together. I think George would be a perfect fit for us, here's why - Lonzo is a pass first PointG and his strength is passing unlike Westbrook who has a shoot first mentality. I can honestly picture a lineup next season of:

We'll see. It's funny but he looked like he got outplayed by Ingles despite his numbers. Melo is through. He hurts them. The issues are whether PG wants to give the growth thing with Westbrook a shot and also whether Clay Bennett is willing to pay him. The other rumor is that Philly wants him badly. PG may want back in the Eastern Conference and if that happens, they will be the next great team. It wouldn't surprise me at all if that's what he decides to do. It makes total sense.

Ingles was hitting everything from 3 much like Bogdanovic outplayed LeBron in Game 3. That happens sometimes as you know. Yeah regarding what we will do this summer is a mystery but we have a lot of options and plenty of Cap space which is really great.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:26 pm

I am sick of LeBron! That sums up my night. Nothing more needs to be said. Just pure goofiness!
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:23 am

Pacers could've easily beat the Cavs in 5 had the REFS not interfered late in these games. It is what I expected though. LeBron is Great but gets away with everything from Offensive Fouls to never getting called for Fouls to even Goaltending now which screwed the Pacers out of a 2 point lead with 3 seconds to go :kingclaphands:. Had the Pacers been up 2, Cavs would've ran a different play and had more pressure on them at the end IMO. Keep it up NBA, more and more people are starting to believe it's rigged. The Lakers basically got fucked on the CP3 deal which screwed us for nearly a decade now! and the Pacers just get screwed because they are a small market team that nobody gives a shit about. Baseball is the best sport out there by a mile, no 1 player is bigger than the game (like LeBron is or Pretty Boy Tom is) and different teams win it all every season. In Baseball there are at least 7 or 8 teams that can win it all every season as of late. I mean the freakin Royals won it in 2015, Cubs in 2016, Astros in 2017. Cant rig that sport because they have instant replay now. No calling someone Out when they are Safe or Safe when they are Out. Go Cubs! Football can be rigged too with the awful Interference calls at times and non calls. They also let some teams like the Pats get away with Holding a lot.

-My daily rant. Thank You very little!
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:12 pm

Per ESPN: Refs admit they blew call on the LeBron non-GoalTend call. A little late for that now, probably cost the Pacers the series in reality. Pacers would've been up 2 with 3 seconds left. They would've played Defense differently up 2 by guarding the perimeter better/doubling LeBron. They wouldn't of given up 3 more than likely. The NBA where they love LeBron! I don't even know why we watch this garbage, I see why Nuggs isn't interested in it anymore as the NBA is the new WWE.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:14 pm

Pacers blow Cavs out of the water, Game 7 on Sunday but don't worry the REFS will save the Cavs in Game 7. Heard it here first. Oladipo made the Cavs his bitch tonight but on Sunday the REFS will call him for 2 Fouls early :roflmao:. Take care Brethren.

-Pacers are no joke but the NBA doesn't give a shit! Series should be over and is in my book, Pacers got cheated! The league wants to suck on LeBron's Jockstrap and he's 100 years old. :roflmao:
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:29 am

-If the Pacers win Game 7 then the NBA has me back, if not I am not watching the rest of the Playoffs with the exception of checking in on the Finals just because it's the Finals. I still wont really watch the Finals much, I really wont. I am really into Baseball right now. I honestly didn't even watch the 1st Half of tonight's Pacers/Cavs game after what took place the other night. I watched part of the 4th Qtr and looked at the Box Scores and seen where Oladipo shot lights out and recorded a TDB. I had my TV on the NFL Draft/NFL channel and didn't even know who was winning until the 4th Otr :roflmao:. I avoided it. I went to bed early as I have to head into work now so I didn't watch the OKC game at all. I seen they lost, Paul George got screwed at the end as he was Fouled but what else is new with the REFS. I guess it's good they lost as he may want to be a Laker now?

-It's not me whining with all of these Posts but the Pacers clearly have the better team. If it wasn't for the REFS shenanigan's in Games 4 and 5 this series would be over and everyone knows it. It's really embarrassing for the NBA as everyone is complaining about the REFS being worse than ever. Most of the media and LeBron fanboys said this would be a sweep, how's that working out? IMO the 2 best teams in the East are Philly and the Pacers. Pacers will beat Toronto if they get by LeBron. Oladipo and Derozan are even and the Pacers have better Big's.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:16 pm

To be a good sport, hats off to LeBron. That was a hell of a series. Pacers had Cavs fans sweating bigtime. Time to focus on Baseball now. :mariano:
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:06 pm

Obviously since nobody Posts in here anymore they agree with me that NBA sucks and is rigged. I am glad you guys finally are on my page. Nuggs knew this a year ago, Craig hasn't Posted 2 months - don't blame him. He hasn't been the same since the Dodgers lost in the WS actually. I mean we gave the Dodgers the NLCS by laying down and they fucking lose to the assholes(Astros) with HFA. Rev and Kenny are like why even Post because we all know Golden St will win it all anyway :roflmao:. Hell Golden St can win it without Curry IMO, Houston is Very Good but they aren't Golden St "lol4: Durant, Klay, and Green are like we got this!
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:58 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:Obviously since nobody Posts in here anymore they agree with me that NBA sucks and is rigged. I am glad you guys finally are on my page. Nuggs knew this a year ago, Craig hasn't Posted 2 months - don't blame him. He hasn't been the same since the Dodgers lost in the WS actually. I mean we gave the Dodgers the NLCS by laying down and they fucking lose to the assholes(Astros) with HFA. Rev and Kenny are like why even Post because we all know Golden St will win it all anyway :roflmao:. Hell Golden St can win it without Curry IMO, Houston is Very Good but they aren't Golden St "lol4: Durant, Klay, and Green are like we got this!

3Peat, it's only the first round and even we have to shake off our woes of missing the playoffs again. I've been watching. The Pacers put up an impressive fight. If the Raptors don't beat this mediocre LeBrons team (which they won't), they might as well retool because the Chowds are poised to return to the NBA Finals next year.

I haven't brought up Paul George because it is really a waste of time. I will say that he is a poor decision maker on the court, but that OKC "offense" isn't exactly geared to his talents. He would fit much better in a system offense like the Lakers can offer him. The way I see it is this: he has talked the talk in the past, but now that reality is upon him, is he going to walk the walk? He is a self-proclaimed Kobe Bryant admirer, a 5 time All-Star, and the best floor player on his team, losing to LeBron twice in the Eastern Conference Finals as a younger player. If he wants to make a name for himself and see his jersey hanging in the rafters of his home town Lakers, let's see if he has the gonads to don the Purple & Gold and take on the responsibility of being the best player on this young, up and coming team.

My guess is that he will chicken out. After getting beaten repeatedly by LeBron and playing next to a true alpha dog in Russell Westbrook, I don't think he believes in himself to handle the responsibility of rising to their level. He has the tools, but somewhere along the line I think he lost the heart and the brass it takes. Kyle Kuzma has more of a Mamba mentality. I dare say that Julius Randle has more of a Mamba mentality. In fact, so do BI and Lonzo.

If PG chooses the Lakers, that will impress me. It will tell me that he is willing to handle the pressure and kick his game up a notch in his prime years. If he chickens out, fuck him and I don't want someone like that anyway.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:50 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:Obviously since nobody Posts in here anymore they agree with me that NBA sucks and is rigged. I am glad you guys finally are on my page. Nuggs knew this a year ago, Craig hasn't Posted 2 months - don't blame him. He hasn't been the same since the Dodgers lost in the WS actually. I mean we gave the Dodgers the NLCS by laying down and they fucking lose to the assholes(Astros) with HFA. Rev and Kenny are like why even Post because we all know Golden St will win it all anyway :roflmao:. Hell Golden St can win it without Curry IMO, Houston is Very Good but they aren't Golden St "lol4: Durant, Klay, and Green are like we got this!

3Peat, it's only the first round and even we have to shake off our woes of missing the playoffs again. I've been watching. The Pacers put up an impressive fight. If the Raptors don't beat this mediocre LeBrons team (which they won't), they might as well retool because the Chowds are poised to return to the NBA Finals next year.

I haven't brought up Paul George because it is really a waste of time. I will say that he is a poor decision maker on the court, but that OKC "offense" isn't exactly geared to his talents. He would fit much better in a system offense like the Lakers can offer him. The way I see it is this: he has talked the talk in the past, but now that reality is upon him, is he going to walk the walk? He is a self-proclaimed Kobe Bryant admirer, a 5 time All-Star, and the best floor player on his team, losing to LeBron twice in the Eastern Conference Finals as a younger player. If he wants to make a name for himself and see his jersey hanging in the rafters of his home town Lakers, let's see if he has the gonads to don the Purple & Gold and take on the responsibility of being the best player on this young, up and coming team.

My guess is that he will chicken out. After getting beaten repeatedly by LeBron and playing next to a true alpha dog in Russell Westbrook, I don't think he believes in himself to handle the responsibility of rising to their level. He has the tools, but somewhere along the line I think he lost the heart and the brass it takes. Kyle Kuzma has more of a Mamba mentality. I dare say that Julius Randle has more of a Mamba mentality. In fact, so do BI and Lonzo.

If PG chooses the Lakers, that will impress me. It will tell me that he is willing to handle the pressure and kick his game up a notch in his prime years. If he chickens out, fuck him and I don't want someone like that anyway.

-Yeah Pacers had a Good season, they came close. Of course it sucks we aren't in the Playoffs so I know why nobody is Posting. We all love our Lakers and they aren't in it so it's tough to be really interested. I agree with you, I think the Cavs will beat Toronto as well. LeBron is their daddy and it pains me to predict that :roflmao:. Pacers really had the team to match up against them because of their Big's in Turner and Sabonis + Lance getting in LeBron's head. Bogdanovic is = to Korver too and Oladipo has a killer mindset like Westbrook has where he stays aggressive. It wouldn't shock me if LeBron beat Toronto in 5.

-Regarding PG, he is very gifted and can be a #1 option on most teams but does he want that? If he comes to LA we know then he has TRUEFANBALLS :slamdunk:
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:33 am

LeBrob, LeBron, LeBron . . what can you say? He yet again put the team on his back, found a way to push through and willed the Cavs to victory. Really wanted to see him eliminated in the first round, but hey can't hate the guy for being the best player in the league. Indiana needs to keep improving, maybe add one more star (a center) and come back strong. Oladipo is the truth but he can't do it alone.

I think Toronto takes LeBron to 7 games again, and unless 1) the Raptors play poorly, or 2) the Cavs lose a key player to injury, it will be a very good series. Toronto SHOULD win, but a healthy Cavs squad with LBJ playing some of the best ball of his career can't be counted out. The Boston/Philly series is going to be a great one as well.

As for our Lakers, the time for speculation is almost over . . now the Magic show begins. What kind of rabbit will he and Rob pull out of their hat? I don't see LeBron leaving Cleveland, and with all of our options and movable parts we are still two more years away from having the squad that will get us back into legitimate playoff contention. Handling the Deng and Randle situations is top priority, then comes Isaiah, KCP and Brook Lopez.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:52 am

lakerevolution wrote:LeBrob, LeBron, LeBron . . what can you say? He yet again put the team on his back, found a way to push through and willed the Cavs to victory. Really wanted to see him eliminated in the first round, but hey can't hate the guy for being the best player in the league. Indiana needs to keep improving, maybe add one more star (a center) and come back strong. Oladipo is the truth but he can't do it alone.

I think Toronto takes LeBron to 7 games again, and unless 1) the Raptors play poorly, or 2) the Cavs lose a key player to injury, it will be a very good series. Toronto SHOULD win, but a healthy Cavs squad with LBJ playing some of the best ball of his career can't be counted out. The Boston/Philly series is going to be a great one as well.

As for our Lakers, the time for speculation is almost over . . now the Magic show begins. What kind of rabbit will he and Rob pull out of their hat? I don't see LeBron leaving Cleveland, and with all of our options and movable parts we are still two more years away from having the squad that will get us back into legitimate playoff contention. Handling the Deng and Randle situations is top priority, then comes Isaiah, KCP and Brook Lopez.

I honestly think the Pacers just need to bring everyone back which is possible, their Salary Cap situation is great. That was the first year that Oladipo, Bogdanovic, and Sabonis all played together with Turner, Thad, and Lance. They have Great chemistry. They will win a series next season and be a Top 4 team in the East. Regarding my prediction on the Cavs/Raptors series, I say Cavs in 6. I think they split in Toronto, win both in Cleveland, lose Game 5 in Toronto, and then win at home in 6. Only chance the Raptors have is to win Games 1 and 2. They need a 2 game cushion and cant give up HC.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:59 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:Only chance the Raptors have is to win Games 1 and 2. They need a 2 game cushion and cant give up HC.

And we all know that ain't gonna happen. As Chick used to say, the chances are Slim to None and Slim just leaft the building!
KobeMVP888

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk