The 2018 NBA Playoffs THREAD

Re: The 2018 NBA Playoffs THREAD

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:18 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:
lakerevolution wrote:Dwanye turning the clock back, coming up big vs. an Embiid-less Philly team. And the Curry-less Warriors heat up late vs. the Horse Abusers. Warriors vs. Raptors is my prediction.

If the Pacers get by the Cavs, I have Pacers/Warriors in the Finals. If the Pacers beat LeBron, their confidence will be sky high in the East. It's amazing how ESPN still gives the Pacers no respect, it's not like they won Game 1 by one at the buzzer on a fluke. They kicked the Cavs ass by 18 points and looked like the more athletic/quicker team. The Cavs had no answer for Oladipo. Its the best of 5 now and Pacers have HCA! Good luck winning in Indy, Cleveland :roflmao:. I know how Good the Pacers are because I have watched them all season, been Posting it in here for months. Only team I feared in the East was the Cavs because of LeBron, if Pacers get by them they will be hanging their 2nd Eastern Conference Title Banner in NBA history. They aren't good enough to beat a healthy Warriors team though but I think they win at least 1 game, maybe 2 against them. They wont get swept.

To follow this up, if the Cavs beat the Pacers it will be Cavs/Warriors again IMO. Rockets wont beat a healthy Warriors team and the Raptors are just soft and fold in the Playoffs. LeBron owns the Raptors too. Philly is Good but they play dumb ball a lot as in their team Basketball IQ is lousy in clutch situations. Pacers and Cavs both would beat them in 6.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:16 pm

Well that was close to a 2-0 lead for the Pacers. They had a couple of chances at the end to tie the game after being down by 18. Only lost 100-97 with LeBron scoring 46 Points. I like Indy's chances in Game 3 at home.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:44 pm

-People in Indy are still very upbeat by what I am reading on different websites locally and on ESPN. It took 46 points from LeBron to stave off the Pacers. Pacers even had a chance to tie the game when they were down 95-92 late. Pacers shot 6-22 from 3 and LeBron shot more FT's than the whole Pacers team and they still only won 100-97. Anyone that likes the Pacers has to be feeling good coming out of Cleveland. I will take a best of 5 anyday with having HCA against anyone. Winning 2 in Cleveland wasn't going to happen anyway but Pacers did their job and got Game 1 to make this interesting. Game 3 in Indy is going to be hopping!

-In other news: How about them Jazz! Much like the Pacers this team gets no respect but play well together and they even their series up with OKC at 1-1. Game 3 in Utah will be hopping as well!
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:59 am

The Pacers better buckle down and not wilt under the pressure. They're playing against former champs and, of course, the best player in the game. Could easily get away from them if they play too timidly.

The Spurs are suffering a historic losing streak to the Warriors - and the Kawhi situation just looks worse. The Spurs front office will probably swing some crazy deal to stay playoff-ready, but to be swept out in the first round is not something Pop and this team are used to.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:19 pm

lakerevolution wrote:The Pacers better buckle down and not wilt under the pressure. They're playing against former champs and, of course, the best player in the game. Could easily get away from them if they play too timidly.

The Spurs are suffering a historic losing streak to the Warriors - and the Kawhi situation just looks worse. The Spurs front office will probably swing some crazy deal to stay playoff-ready, but to be swept out in the first round is not something Pop and this team are used to.

Regarding Pacers/Cavs: I think whoever wins tonight will win the series. My reasoning is, if the Pacers win than LeBron has to waste all of his energy to win Games 4 and 5. Cavs will have to win Games 4 and 5 if they lose tonight or they are really behind the 8Ball. If the Cavs win, LeBron can basically take Game 4 off and they will have HCA back. The crowd will be loud in Indy and Indy fans can be brutal toward the REFS if they feel like the Pacers are being cheated.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:57 pm

Unfortunately I have to hit the bed. Work time at 5am ET. Pacers playing very sloppy anyway, I guess the Cavs aren't ready to fold yet. Pacers look nervous, maybe the moment is too big for them as all of their best players are all very young? Pacers have been one of the best teams all season at not turning it over and they have 10 already. Cavs up 47-34 in the 2nd, same ol shit! See ya Brethren. It was neat to win Game 1 anyway at Cleveland :roflmao:. Made people do a :WTFface:
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:44 pm

Well was half a sleep and opened 1 eye ball up and guess what, Pacers win 92-90 and now are up 2-1 in the series. Goodnight Brethren for sure now. :WTFface:. To the Pacers :kingclaphands:
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:36 am

Everyone that came into work today is just praising the Pacers. Man when they win, this city goes nuts! :roflmao:. A manager came in earlier and had his Pacers sweater on and yelled at me and said go Pacers on his way in :roflmao:. He knows I love Basketball. This is starting to get super neat but they need 2 more wins. I will say this, no matter what happens now the media knows the Pacers are no joke and so does the average fan that just assumed LeBron would take them to the cleaners. Teams that are up 2-1 in any series win 80% of the time. All the pressure is on the Cavs now to win Game 4. They better win Games 4 and 5 or their ass is toast. The Pacers are a deeper team, have a Superstar/closer in Oladipo, a Very Good Big in Turner, and a Great 3 point shooter in Bogdanovic that spreads the floor! They also play Great Team Defense and give 100% on every play. Their Chemistry is damn near perfect. I am glad to call them my 2nd favorite team. LeBron James has never lost in Round 1 in his whole Career, can the Pacers make history?
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:28 pm

That 4th quarter between NOP and POR was epic!! Such a great boxing match. This is why Lillard and McCollum need to come to LA for Kuz and Ingram.
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:52 pm

I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:59 am

Heading into Sunday's action, here is how the Playoffs look so far:
Eastern Conference
#1 Raptors vs #8 Bullets, Raptors lead 2-1
#4 The LeBron vs #5 Pacers, Pacers lead 2-1

#2 Celtics vs #3 Bucks, Celtics lead 2-1
#3 Sixers vs #6 Heat, Sixers lead 3-1

Western Conference
#1 Rockets vs #8 Timberwolves, Rockets lead 2-1
#4 Thunder vs #5 Jazz, Jazz lead 2-1

#2 Warriors vs #7 Spurs, Warriors lead 3-0
#3 Blazers vs #6 Pelicans, Pelicans win series 4-0!

-What happened to the Blazers? How about the Pacers and Jazz so far up 2-1 in their series! Spurs and Heat are getting ready for Cancun time shortly to join the Blazers.

Updated as of April 22nd :cheers:
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:04 pm

Pacers are going to regret letting this one get away.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:04 pm

lakerevolution wrote:Pacers are going to regret letting this one get away.

Yep. When you have LeBron on the ropes you have to KO him. Pacers failed to close. Oladipo is very young and still learning, Cavs are playing smart by doubling him by trapping. He is making the right pass most of the time but guys weren't making their 3's tonight. The other night Bogdanovic was. Like Kenny says, it's a make or miss league. The other night Korver couldn't hit a bull in the ass with a bass fiddle and tonight he was Ray Allen. Cavs only won by 4 points and Dipo was off, so I am still optimistic. It's the best of 3 now. To me the pressure is still on the Cavs because they are at home and have to hold to serve. Pacers are usually good after a loss, they are a resilient team. We will see how it plays out.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:09 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:

Yep. When you have LeBron on the ropes you have to KO him. Pacers failed to close. Oladipo is very young and still learning, Cavs are playing smart by doubling him by trapping. He is making the right pass most of the time but guys weren't making their 3's tonight. The other night Bogdanovic was. Like Kenny says, it's a make or miss league. The other night Korver couldn't hit a bull in the ass with a bass fiddle and tonight he was Ray Allen. Cavs only won by 4 points and Dipo was off, so I am still optimistic. It's the best of 3 now. To me the pressure is still on the Cavs because they are at home and have to hold to serve. Pacers are usually good after a loss, they are a resilient team. We will see how it plays out.

It's amazing that the Cavs (or any team) can win playoff games without bona fide big men. Tristan Thompson has somehow become useless and Kevin Love and LNJ aren't exactly centers. I suppose it's a testament to the greatness of LeBron James, but it's also a commentary on the continued weakness of the Eastern Conference and also speaks to the state of the modern game.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:40 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:

It's amazing that the Cavs (or any team) can win playoff games without bona fide big men. Tristan Thompson has somehow become useless and Kevin Love and LNJ aren't exactly centers. I suppose it's a testament to the greatness of LeBron James, but it's also a commentary on the continued weakness of the Eastern Conference and also speaks to the state of the modern game.

Yeah the Pacers really don't have an answer for LeBron but nobody in the league does. They have been just letting him get his and trying not to let the other guys beat them. It has somewhat worked as the series is at 2-2. The Cavs made a huge adjustment after Game 1. Dipo ate them alive in that game because they weren't doubling him, since then they have been Trapping and LeBron has been helping double Dipo taking the ball out of his hands. If Bogdanovic and Collison aren't making 3's then the Pacers are in trouble. In Game 3, Bogdanovic was on fire! Same for the Cavs though, the Pacers are making Korver and JR beat them basically. Unfortunately in Game 4, Korver burned them.

-To your point Ken, the Pacers are taking advantage of using their Big's bigtime. Cavs cant do anything with Turner or Sabonis! Both of the Pacers Centers have had a solid series. Another reason why it's 2-2. Tristian Thompson has been a non-factor, Nance has been shut down as well. Like the Pacers are letting LeBron get his, the Cavs are basically letting Turner and Sabonis have theirs because they cant do anything about it. Cavs can use LeBron to help contain Dipo somewhat.
3Peatkb24

PreviousNext

Return to LakerTalk