Your Top 5 favorite's in all of sports during your life

Your Top 5 favorite's in all of sports during your life

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:15 am

You can choose any 5, all sports included. Hell it may even be Tiger Woods or a Soccer team.

Here's mine:
1. LA Lakers - Been a fan since the 1977 Season. Kareem was bigger than life to me when I first started watching as a kid. He was great in Airplane too and gave Bruce Lee a run for his money. Once Magic arrived in the 80's, the Lakers were so Great it wasn't fair! The Shaq/Kobe days were unreal too = a 3Peat from 2000-2002. To me the Greatest Basketball team ever is still the 1987 Lakers. The 1985 win over Boston on their home floor was perhaps my favorite moment in sports history. It was the 1st time the Lakers beat Boston in the Finals, they were 0-7 vs Boston before that. That was for Jerry West and Elgin Baylor! The 1988 Repeat was the Gravy to my Mash Potatoes!

2. Indianapolis Colts - Became a fan in 1984 when they moved to Indy. Loved Eric Dickerson - late 80's, loved Jim Harbaugh - mid 90's, then the Peyton era was unreal. From 2003-2009 the Colts were 89-23 in the Regular Season and won a SB in 2006. Andrew Luck has also took the Colts to an AFC Title Game in 2014. Great franchise here.

3. Chicago Cubs - Have been a fan since 1984 as well, started watching them on WGN that year and they were Very Good that season. Loved Ryne Sandberg, then Andre Dawson was so awesome in 1987 winning League MVP. Finally in 2016 led by League MVP Kris Bryant and Jake Arrieta they won a WS!

4. Indiana Pacers - My 2nd team in the NBA. Living here in Indy I have just always followed them. The Reggie Miller era was Very Good, not Great though because they never won a Title. They did go to the Finals in 2000 where my Lakers beat them. The series's vs the Knicks in 1995 and 1998 were just so classic, Reggie was unreal. It seems like no matter the era, they always put a Very Good product out on the floor from Reggie to PG-13 to Oladipo now.

5. Mike Tyson - When he Boxed it was just an event you had to watch. From 1985-1989 he dominated the Heavy Weight Division by knocking guys silly!
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Re: Your Top 5 favorite's in all of sports during your life

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:00 am

1. Yankees (no close second in MLB; my whole life)
2. Muhammad Ali (he was the greatest; could not get enough of him; loved what he stood for)
3. Lakers (came along in 1979; no close second in NBA, including my former Knicks)
4. 49ers (became an addicted, dedicated fan when I lived in San Fran from 1981-85 and remain dedicated)
5. Chargers (became an addicted fan in 1978 when I moved to San Diego for law school during Air Coryell; remain a fan behind 49ers)

I was never a huge Tiger fan, but loved Arnie as a kid. I used to follow USC football and UCLA basketball closely (even though I'm an Arizona grad), but not anymore. I root for the Ducks in hockey, but could care less in reality. My favorite tennis player of all-time was Bjorn Borg and if I still cared about the tour, I'd put Federer up there, but I don't care. I love Serena Williams, but don't care enough for her to crack the top 5. I don't care much about track & field or swimming, but I do love Michael Phelps. Unless my rotting brain is missing something, I think my list is accurate.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:33 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:1. Yankees (no close second in MLB; my whole life)
2. Muhammad Ali (he was the greatest; could not get enough of him; loved what he stood for)
3. Lakers (came along in 1979; no close second in NBA, including my former Knicks)
4. 49ers (became an addicted, dedicated fan when I lived in San Fran from 1981-85 and remain dedicated)
5. Chargers (became an addicted fan in 1978 when I moved to San Diego for law school during Air Coryell; remain a fan behind 49ers)

I was never a huge Tiger fan, but loved Arnie as a kid. I used to follow USC football and UCLA basketball closely (even though I'm an Arizona grad), but not anymore. I root for the Ducks in hockey, but could care less in reality. My favorite tennis player of all-time was Bjorn Borg and if I still cared about the tour, I'd put Federer up there, but I don't care. I love Serena Williams, but don't care enough for her to crack the top 5. I don't care much about track & field or swimming, but I do love Michael Phelps. Unless my rotting brain is missing something, I think my list is accurate.

Great stuff Kenny. I thought you may put the Knicks in your Top 5 because I know you liked them back when they Walt and Willis. I put the Pacers on my list at 4 but they are distant 2nd favorite NBA team behind LA. I see you were a huge Ali fan, I was of Tyson as well. You have Yankees 1st, I have Cubs 3rd.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:10 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:Great stuff Kenny. I thought you may put the Knicks in your Top 5 because I know you liked them back when they Walt and Willis. I put the Pacers on my list at 4 but they are distant 2nd favorite NBA team behind LA. I see you were a huge Ali fan, I was of Tyson as well. You have Yankees 1st, I have Cubs 3rd.

Right now I am more emotionally invested in the Lakers, but the Yankees are wire to wire in my 62 years on this planet. I loved Ali for his entire professional career, at least from when he shocked the world when he TKO's Sonny Liston, and I was just a child. Like I said, it also had to do with what a principled human being he was and how there was never anyone like him before or after in his sport. Just entertaining as all hell!
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:43 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:Great stuff Kenny. I thought you may put the Knicks in your Top 5 because I know you liked them back when they Walt and Willis. I put the Pacers on my list at 4 but they are distant 2nd favorite NBA team behind LA. I see you were a huge Ali fan, I was of Tyson as well. You have Yankees 1st, I have Cubs 3rd.

Right now I am more emotionally invested in the Lakers, but the Yankees are wire to wire in my 62 years on this planet. I loved Ali for his entire professional career, at least from when he shocked the world when he TKO's Sonny Liston, and I was just a child. Like I said, it also had to do with what a principled human being he was and how there was never anyone like him before or after in his sport. Just entertaining as all hell!

-Yeah with me I have always been wire to wire with really the LA Lakers, Indy Colts, and Cubs. Hence my Top 3. Pacers are just easy to root for when the Lakers don't make the Playoffs or aren't a threat to win it all for me, because I live in Indy. They have a Very Good tradition and are a likable team. The media always shits on them too because they are small market so that fuels me :pissedkobe:. Like you thought of Ali, I thought of Tyson. Everytime Tyson fought, it was a must see event for me. FWIW the best 2 best Heavy's in their prime ever were Ali and Tyson IMO. 1988 Tyson IMO would destroy anyone when he had his head on straight and was Tyson. He made Spinx Jinx look like a fool in 90 seconds :roflmao:

-There was a small stretch in the 80's where I liked the Mets too because of Dwight Gooden and they even won a WS but Cubs have always been my #1 since 1984. When the Cubs weren't in the Playoffs I was ok with the Mets winning.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:11 am

Ken, I will switch it around and list your 5 worst favorites of all-time :roflmao: Here's mine:
1. Boston Celtics of all era's - Needs no explanation.

2. New England Patriots in the Brady/Belichick era - Fuck them, they have prevented the Colts to going to 3 SB's in recent history. They cheat too.
-I could never live in Mass :roflmao:

3. The 90's Bulls - Watching them win it all 6 times In 8 years got real old. I hated them! Reggie Miller in 98 and Karl Malone in 97 would have a Ring if it wasn't for them. Having to admit Jordan is the best player ever makes me want to puke too! Although Magic does have an argument for GOAT.

4. Any team LeBron plays on :roflmao:. Now watch us sign him "lol4:. If we sign him I wont be happy. LeBron just joins SuperTeams and has tried to play with a stacked deck since going to Miami in 2010. He cant win it all with just 1 other SuperStar on his team like Kobe has.

5. St Louis Cardinals - As a Cubs fan, no explanation needed. After the Cubs won the WS, most of their fanbase got butt hurt over it. I love it, I say deal with it as we have own their ass since 2015.
3Peatkb24

Postby NuggetsCountry » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:38 am

Mickey
Arnie,
Kobe,
Johnny Unitas; Elgin,
Wilt
Image :yeahthat:
NuggetsCountry
Site Admin

{ IMAGES }: 7

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:44 am

NuggetsCountry wrote:Mickey
Arnie,
Kobe,
Johnny Unitas; Elgin,
Wilt

Mick
Ali
Magic
Kobe
Montana

Arnie
Rice
Wilt
Pistol
Clyde

etc.
KobeMVP888

Postby lakerevolution » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:30 pm

I was lucky to grow up in a heavily-devoted sports family . . huge Laker, Dodger and Raider fans. But beyond that, my older brothers and sisters were into track and cross-country at a time when it was gaining major influence, and I literally first-hand got to witness the Giant Adidas get eclipsed by the startup shoe brand with the funny swoosh symbol on the sides. Nobody outside of track and field saw Nike revolutionizing sports the way it has.

THAT BEING SAID, my five biggest sports icons, teams, eras or events are:

1) Listening to the Lakers win back-to-back titles over an army radio broadcast at 5 in the morning in some random British woman's apartment after spending the night cat-chasing with my older brother. The entire London trip (a graduation present) was culminated by this incredible event and when A.C. Green hit that breakaway layup we knew it was time to CELEBRATE!

2) Enjoying my first Super Bowl victory as a Raider fan was just one more push towards my love affair with football and a sweet culmination of a few years watching Kenny Stabler, Mark Van Eeghen, Ted Hendricks, Cliff Branch and Lester Hayes battle the rest of the NFL for the Lombardi. No tuck rules, no instant replay timeouts -- just Jim Plunkett and the yellow ribbons on the back of the helmet for a sweet win over the Eagles.

3) Getting back to track and field, I grew up watching the Olympics heavily - both winter and summer - and some of the most iconic, sports-loving moments of my young life were spent watching Edwin Moses, Tai Babilonia and Randy Gardner, Dwight Stokes, Mike Eruzione, Renaldo Nehemiah, Dorothy Hamill, Mary Lou Retton, Steve and Phil Mahre, Vasily Alexeyev, Eric Heiden, Katarina Witt, Carl Lewis, Jackie Joyner-Kersee, Pernell Whitaker and so many others from various countries represent their sport so well. I know this spans 1976 to 1988, but my love of sports in general was satisfied by watching all these athletes compete against the best in the world.

4) My Dodgers. Again, growing up since birth in a huge household with sports junkies for family members, my memories of the great moments of the 70s just blended in like a dream with the success I would witness as the 80s turned the corner. Great players like Steve Yeager, Davey Lopes, Dusty Baker and Steve Garvey showed me how fun and competitive baseball can be -- especially when going up against the infamous Yankees with all the marbles on the line.

5) When it comes to boxing, I grew up between the Ali and Mike Tyson eras, and really was witness to a Golden Age of Boxing that we will probably never see again. Sugar Ray Leonard, Wilfred Benitez, Tommy Hearns, Marvin Hagler, Ernie Shavers, Alexis Arguello . . some of the best middleweight and light heavyweight bouts ever were fought in the late 70s and early 80s. And topping them all off was of course Leonard vs. Hagler. Great stuff.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:01 pm

lakerevolution wrote:I was lucky to grow up in a heavily-devoted sports family . . huge Laker, Dodger and Raider fans. But beyond that, my older brothers and sisters were into track and cross-country at a time when it was gaining major influence, and I literally first-hand got to witness the Giant Adidas get eclipsed by the startup shoe brand with the funny swoosh symbol on the sides. Nobody outside of track and field saw Nike revolutionizing sports the way it has.

THAT BEING SAID, my five biggest sports icons, teams, eras or events are:

1) Listening to the Lakers win back-to-back titles over an army radio broadcast at 5 in the morning in some random British woman's apartment after spending the night cat-chasing with my older brother. The entire London trip (a graduation present) was culminated by this incredible event and when A.C. Green hit that breakaway layup we knew it was time to CELEBRATE!

2) Enjoying my first Super Bowl victory as a Raider fan was just one more push towards my love affair with football and a sweet culmination of a few years watching Kenny Stabler, Mark Van Eeghen, Ted Hendricks, Cliff Branch and Lester Hayes battle the rest of the NFL for the Lombardi. No tuck rules, no instant replay timeouts -- just Jim Plunkett and the yellow ribbons on the back of the helmet for a sweet win over the Eagles.

3) Getting back to track and field, I grew up watching the Olympics heavily - both winter and summer - and some of the most iconic, sports-loving moments of my young life were spent watching Edwin Moses, Tai Babilonia and Randy Gardner, Dwight Stokes, Mike Eruzione, Renaldo Nehemiah, Dorothy Hamill, Mary Lou Retton, Steve and Phil Mahre, Vasily Alexeyev, Eric Heiden, Katarina Witt, Carl Lewis, Jackie Joyner-Kersee, Pernell Whitaker and so many others from various countries represent their sport so well. I know this spans 1976 to 1988, but my love of sports in general was satisfied by watching all these athletes compete against the best in the world.

4) My Dodgers. Again, growing up since birth in a huge household with sports junkies for family members, my memories of the great moments of the 70s just blended in like a dream with the success I would witness as the 80s turned the corner. Great players like Steve Yeager, Davey Lopes, Dusty Baker and Steve Garvey showed me how fun and competitive baseball can be -- especially when going up against the infamous Yankees with all the marbles on the line.

5) When it comes to boxing, I grew up between the Ali and Mike Tyson eras, and really was witness to a Golden Age of Boxing that we will probably never see again. Sugar Ray Leonard, Wilfred Benitez, Tommy Hearns, Marvin Hagler, Ernie Shavers, Alexis Arguello . . some of the best middleweight and light heavyweight bouts ever were fought in the late 70s and early 80s. And topping them all off was of course Leonard vs. Hagler. Great stuff.

Great stuff Rev!
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:36 pm

NuggetsCountry wrote:Mickey
Arnie,
Kobe,
Johnny Unitas; Elgin,
Wilt

1. Magic
2. Peyton
3. Kareem
4. Kobe
5. Kris Bryant - Has to be, as the Cubs ended a 108 year drought regarding winning a WS in 2016 and he won NL League MVP. Got have a Cub in there being a Cubs fan!
*Mike Tyson would be my 5b.

-Regarding players, I have 3 Lakers in my Top 5 favorite players ever.
3Peatkb24

Return to LakerTalk