IT Done for the Season

IT Done for the Season

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:00 pm

He's having surgery, but the Lakers are interested in bringing him back. Read all about it!

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2294 ... d-new-deal
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Re: IT Done for the Season

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:57 pm

I hope we don't re-sign him. That is harsh but his hip situation isn't good. I think our focus should be on re-signing Randle and getting PG's ass to LA. PG is without doubt a Top 15 player in the league, I cant name 15 players that are better. He would bring Star power and Vet leadership to LA. I would also rather re-sign KCP instead of IT if I had my choice between those 2. Pope is much younger, healthy, and more athletic/bigger. He can also shoot the 3 just as well as IT.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:58 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:I hope we don't re-sign him. That is harsh but his hip situation isn't good. I think our focus should be on re-signing Randle and getting PG's ass to LA. PG is without doubt a Top 15 player in the league, I cant name 15 players that are better. He would bring Star power and Vet leadership to LA. I would also rather re-sign KCP instead of IT if I had my choice between those 2. Pope is much younger, healthy, and more athletic/bigger. He can also shoot the 3 just as well as IT.

The truth is that all we can do is wait and see what happens. It's never what you expect it to be, whether it's the draft or free agents, except when it's obvious. We knew it would be Lonzo and Ingram and even Randle to an extent, but DLO was a surprise. Did anyone smell Luol Deng or Mozgov? How about a whiff of KCP? I agree that the most obvious moves will be Randle and PG, but if the FO thinks Randle costs too much (let's say Dallas offers him 4 years, 100 mil) or if we whiff on PG and LeBron, what will Plan C be? Who will be left? Guys like KCP might not want to wait around if something great is offered to them. Waiting "burned" him last season. I just think all this guesswork is a waste of brain space, albeit fun wasteful brain space.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:12 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:I hope we don't re-sign him. That is harsh but his hip situation isn't good. I think our focus should be on re-signing Randle and getting PG's ass to LA. PG is without doubt a Top 15 player in the league, I cant name 15 players that are better. He would bring Star power and Vet leadership to LA. I would also rather re-sign KCP instead of IT if I had my choice between those 2. Pope is much younger, healthy, and more athletic/bigger. He can also shoot the 3 just as well as IT.

The truth is that all we can do is wait and see what happens. It's never what you expect it to be, whether it's the draft or free agents, except when it's obvious. We knew it would be Lonzo and Ingram and even Randle to an extent, but DLO was a surprise. Did anyone smell Luol Deng or Mozgov? How about a whiff of KCP? I agree that the most obvious moves will be Randle and PG, but if the FO thinks Randle costs too much (let's say Dallas offers him 4 years, 100 mil) or if we whiff on PG and LeBron, what will Plan C be? Who will be left? Guys like KCP might not want to wait around if something great is offered to them. Waiting "burned" him last season. I just think all this guesswork is a waste of brain space, albeit fun wasteful brain space.

Oh no doubt, none of us really know what will happen in the offseason. I am just Posting what I hope happens. I would love to see Randle and KCP back along with PG. We still need a Center if Lopez leaves or we don't re-sign him, see that is another issue/topic too.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:25 pm

If Dallas or any other team offers 25/yr, that's insane. :pissedkobe:
lakerevolution

Postby KobeMVP888 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:32 pm

lakerevolution wrote:If Dallas or any other team offers 25/yr, that's insane. :pissedkobe:

Is it? How many free agents are as young as him with as much upside? Harrison Barnes earns that kind of cheddar and Randle craps on guys like Barnes. There are about 7 teams with real cap space this summer and there are very few Tier 1 guys (maybe KD, maybe LeBron, PG, Cousins, CP3, DeAndre Jordan). I see Randle's stock as higher than Aaron Gordon, Jusuf Nurkic, Marcus Smart, Jabari Parker, and a few others). Don't be surprised if the number goes north of 20 mil.
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:53 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
lakerevolution wrote:If Dallas or any other team offers 25/yr, that's insane. :pissedkobe:

Is it? How many free agents are as young as him with as much upside? Harrison Barnes earns that kind of cheddar and Randle craps on guys like Barnes. There are about 7 teams with real cap space this summer and there are very few Tier 1 guys (maybe KD, maybe LeBron, PG, Cousins, CP3, DeAndre Jordan). I see Randle's stock as higher than Aaron Gordon, Jusuf Nurkic, Marcus Smart, Jabari Parker, and a few others). Don't be surprised if the number goes north of 20 mil.

I would give him 20 a year for 4 years, he has improved so much from last season and I think he will be better next season. He has ZBo written all over him and he's real young.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:37 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:

I would give him 20 a year for 4 years, he has improved so much from last season and I think he will be better next season. He has ZBo written all over him and he's real young.

First of all, it's mind-boggling how much these players are making these days. Second, I was thinking of Barnes and how he disappeared in Dallas. I'd hate to see Julius - or any talented player - go to a lousy team with cap space and disappear the same way. I'm sure our FO has already discussed the probabilities with Julius and philosophised on just how deep they're willing to go to keep him. Ahh, the crapshoot.
lakerevolution

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:41 pm

lakerevolution wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:

First of all, it's mind-boggling how much these players are making these days. Second, I was thinking of Barnes and how he disappeared in Dallas. I'd hate to see Julius - or any talented player - go to a lousy team with cap space and disappear the same way. I'm sure our FO has already discussed the probabilities with Julius and philosophised on just how deep they're willing to go to keep him. Ahh, the crapshoot.

The salaries are insane now days, I agree. Look at what we gave Mozgov??
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:30 pm

So does anyone even consider touching him until the end of July or will the Lakers' medical staff have enough information to give an opinion to Magic and Rob by July 1? This time table just made his free agency that much more interesting.
KobeMVP888

Return to LakerTalk