Game 62: 03/03/18 Lakers at Spurs GAME THREAD

Re: Game 62: 03/03/18 Lakers at Spurs GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:58 pm

I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:22 am

I agree with you guys it was the best win of the season. We are now 28-34 on the season. Had we not lost all of those close games earlier in the season we would have a legit shot at the 8 Spot but I think we are still too far behind the Nuggets to catch them, they keep winning as well. Anyway very proud of this team and if we add PG-13 to the mix we will be a Playoff team next season.

-One last side note, I guess the Lonzo haters can stick it where the sun don't shine, 6-10 from 3 last night with 21 Points and 11 Assists.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby Moos » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:25 am

3peatkb24!... we have 12 home games and 8 road games, our next two are home to Portland and Orlando which are winnable, we have a 5 game stretch against Mem, Det, Dal, Mil and Sac... that could be a 5 game winning streak as only Mil has a winning record there and we are home against them. do you think we have a good chance to finishing .500?
Moos

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:29 am

Moos wrote:3peatkb24!... we have 12 home games and 8 road games, our next two are home to Portland and Orlando which are winnable, we have a 5 game stretch against Mem, Det, Dal, Mil and Sac... that could be a 5 game winning streak as only Mil has a winning record there and we are home against them. do you think we have a good chance to finishing .500?

Not sure, it's possible though. .500 would be a Great season regarding the way we started and what expectations were. I think winning 38 or 39 is very probable at this point which is still a huge improvement from last seasons 26. Magic is turning out to be the genius I figured he was. He traded that cancer Russell because he knew Ball could be Great and be a true leader. Ball is starting to play Great and is a true leader. He cleared Cap Space by getting rid of the stiffs he needed too. He didn't trade Randle which is smart, he got IT which was another solid move in adding a VET like that - that makes up for him trading Lou Williams IMO. IT and Williams are pretty even, and he has always said Ingram was off limits to trade too. Now if he can add PG-13 to go with the mix we have now than we will be a Playoff team next season. We may have to let Lopez go because of the Salary Cap but I like Zubac so it wouldn't be the end of the world. I would prefer we could keep IT and Pope, that may not be possible but I would prefer it.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:17 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:
Moos wrote:3peatkb24!... we have 12 home games and 8 road games, our next two are home to Portland and Orlando which are winnable, we have a 5 game stretch against Mem, Det, Dal, Mil and Sac... that could be a 5 game winning streak as only Mil has a winning record there and we are home against them. do you think we have a good chance to finishing .500?

Not sure, it's possible though. .500 would be a Great season regarding the way we started and what expectations were. I think winning 38 or 39 is very probable at this point which is still a huge improvement from last seasons 26. Magic is turning out to be the genius I figured he was. He traded that cancer Russell because he knew Ball could be Great and be a true leader. Ball is starting to play Great and is a true leader. He cleared Cap Space by getting rid of the stiffs he needed too. He didn't trade Randle which is smart, he got IT which was another solid move in adding a VET like that - that makes up for him trading Lou Williams IMO. IT and Williams are pretty even, and he has always said Ingram was off limits to trade too. Now if he can add PG-13 to go with the mix we have now than we will be a Playoff team next season. We may have to let Lopez go because of the Salary Cap but I like Zubac so it wouldn't be the end of the world. I would prefer we could keep IT and Pope, that may not be possible but I would prefer it.

I like KCP more and more. His rough spots this season were during the legal problems, which is understandable. However, if we land PG, KCP is expendable. If we don't land PG, I hope we re-sign him. I've been back and forth with Eric Pincus on Twitter and if, hypothetically, we re-sign Randle for 18 mil per, we can afford PG and have enough money left to potentially sign IT at about 12 mil per. Or something like that. That would be an awesome summer!
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:03 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:

I like KCP more and more. His rough spots this season were during the legal problems, which is understandable. However, if we land PG, KCP is expendable. If we don't land PG, I hope we re-sign him. I've been back and forth with Eric Pincus on Twitter and if, hypothetically, we re-sign Randle for 18 mil per, we can afford PG and have enough money left to potentially sign IT at about 12 mil per. Or something like that. That would be an awesome summer!

Yeah if we just add PG-13 and Re-sign Randle, Re-sign IT to go with Lonzo, Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, and Zubac the summer will be an A. Randle to me is #1 priority, then getting PG-13 in here, then IT signed. If somehow we can get Pope signed too I would be thrilled. If we let Lopez go that opens up a lot of money doesn't it?
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:02 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:Yeah if we just add PG-13 and Re-sign Randle, Re-sign IT to go with Lonzo, Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, and Zubac the summer will be an A. Randle to me is #1 priority, then getting PG-13 in here, then IT signed. If somehow we can get Pope signed too I would be thrilled. If we let Lopez go that opens up a lot of money doesn't it?

One of the first things the Lakers will do is renounce their Bird rights to Lopez and KCP. They are both unrestricted free agents, but because of their cap holds, their rights need to be renounced. Same with Channing Frye and Isaiah Thomas. The Lakers have team options on Tyler Ennis, Ivica Zubac and Thomas Bryant. I expect them to exercise their rights on Bryant and Zubac and not Ennis. The guaranteed salaries on the roster going into the summer are Deng: $18,000,000, Lonzo: $7,461,960, Ingram: $5,757,120, Kuzma: $1,689,840 and Hart: $1,685,160. Assuming that Zu and Bryant have their contracts guaranteed, that's a total of 7 players plus the first round pick, which will count about 1.2 mil against the total cap. Also, their are cap holds for Randle: $12,447,727 and empty roster spot cap holds for $815,615 per player. When the dust settles, I'm thinking that unless they can trade Deng to a rebuilding team along with a first round pick, the Lakers will waived and stretch him and that will count $7,362,000 against the cap for 5 years, which is not ideal, but probably necessary unless they remain patient one more summer. In the end, I don't know exactly how it will play out, but keeping Randle at about $18 mil per will leave us will somewhere in the neighborhood of $49 mil in cap space. As you know, the order the dominoes (LeBron, PG, Cousins, etc.) and the order in which these players are signed further complicate these already complicated rules. So the term "letting Lopez go" simply means renouncing his Bird rights. He's an unrestricted free agent and a big reason why we traded DLo for his contract. The cap space is "sacred."
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:56 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:Yeah if we just add PG-13 and Re-sign Randle, Re-sign IT to go with Lonzo, Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, and Zubac the summer will be an A. Randle to me is #1 priority, then getting PG-13 in here, then IT signed. If somehow we can get Pope signed too I would be thrilled. If we let Lopez go that opens up a lot of money doesn't it?

One of the first things the Lakers will do is renounce their Bird rights to Lopez and KCP. They are both unrestricted free agents, but because of their cap holds, their rights need to be renounced. Same with Channing Frye and Isaiah Thomas. The Lakers have team options on Tyler Ennis, Ivica Zubac and Thomas Bryant. I expect them to exercise their rights on Bryant and Zubac and not Ennis. The guaranteed salaries on the roster going into the summer are Deng: $18,000,000, Lonzo: $7,461,960, Ingram: $5,757,120, Kuzma: $1,689,840 and Hart: $1,685,160. Assuming that Zu and Bryant have their contracts guaranteed, that's a total of 7 players plus the first round pick, which will count about 1.2 mil against the total cap. Also, their are cap holds for Randle: $12,447,727 and empty roster spot cap holds for $815,615 per player. When the dust settles, I'm thinking that unless they can trade Deng to a rebuilding team along with a first round pick, the Lakers will waived and stretch him and that will count $7,362,000 against the cap for 5 years, which is not ideal, but probably necessary unless they remain patient one more summer. In the end, I don't know exactly how it will play out, but keeping Randle at about $18 mil per will leave us will somewhere in the neighborhood of $49 mil in cap space. As you know, the order the dominoes (LeBron, PG, Cousins, etc.) and the order in which these players are signed further complicate these already complicated rules. So the term "letting Lopez go" simply means renouncing his Bird rights. He's an unrestricted free agent and a big reason why we traded DLo for his contract. The cap space is "sacred."

Thanks Kenny. I can always count on you breaking stuff down like that. That is why when I post stuff, If I go out on a limb Roster wise and I am wrong you catch it :cheers:
3Peatkb24

Previous

Return to LakerTalk