Game 59: 02/24/18 Lakers at Queens GAME THREAD

Game 59: 02/24/18 Lakers at Queens GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:06 am

(24-34)Image at Image(18-40)

Saturday, February 24, 2018, 7:00 PM PDT
Golden 1 Center • Sacramento, CA

Referees: Mike Callahan (#24), Nick Buchert (#3), Gediminas Petraitis (#50)

Replay Center: Brent Barnaky, John Goble, Jason Phillips

Line: Queens -1

Local TV: Spectrum SportsNet

GAME PREVIEW: LAKERS AT QUEENS

by NBA.com

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- With about seven weeks left, the Sacramento Kings are settling in for more of what figures to be too many nights of losing. They knew they'd have a lot of them even before they embarked on year one of their ground-up rebuild.

More important to the organization is the progress they make toward winning, and players, coaches and management agree that it starts with effort.

To that end, head coach Dave Joerger wouldn't mind seeing 24 more games with the intensity Sacramento showed in its first game after the break. He'd just rather see it for all four quarters.

"Really proud of our guys," Joerger told reporters Thursday after the Kings resumed their season with a 110-107 loss to the Oklahoma City Thunder on a Russell Westbrook 3-pointer at the buzzer. "Went toe-to-toe with one of the premier teams in the league."

On Saturday, Sacramento (18-40) hosts the Los Angeles Lakers (24-34) at the Golden 1 Center. Los Angeles, coming off a 124-102 win over the Dallas Mavericks on Friday, snapped a three-game losing streak but is not considered as lofty a bunch as Oklahoma City.

Which is why the Kings will pay as much attention to whether they can carry the momentum of their final three quarters Wednesday -- when they erased a 44-21 deficit dug in the first 12 minutes -- as they will the result.

"We fought," center Zach Randolph told reporters after the game. "We've got to come out like that to start the game."

Slow starts have been a problem all year at home, and it's been especially costly lately. The Kings have lost 10 of their past 12 on the home floor and have won only eight times in 26 contests there all season. They play their next two and seven of their next eight at home.

The Kings have not said whether they will have rookie point guard De'Aaron Fox back after he missed Thursday's contest with pink eye. He's averaging 11.3 points and a team-best 4.3 assists.

The status of center Kosta Koufos (illness) is also iffy. The Kings did welcome back forward Skal Labissiere (10 points in 27 minutes) and guard Frank Mason (six points in 16 minutes) after lengthy absences.

The Lakers returned to action surrounded a bit by controversy. According to Yahoo, rookie Kyle Kuzma emerged in documents tied to an FBI investigation that alleges several current and former college basketball players received money from an agent while in college. Kuzma, the Lakers' second-leading scorer (15.6 points per game) had not commented before the Lakers resumed action against Dallas.

"Everybody knows everybody is getting paid. That's just how it is," rookie Lonzo Ball told the Los Angeles Times before the contest. "Everybody is getting paid anyway, you might as well make it legal. ... (Kuzma is in the NBA now. He really don't care. Whatever happened is in the past. Now he's just living the life."

Kuzma finished with 12 points in the Lakers' victory over Dallas. Ball also played for the first time since Jan. 13, adding nine points in 17 minutes off the bench.

Guard Isaiah Thomas finished with 17 points and four assists against the Mavericks in his first home game since being acquired from Cleveland on Feb. 8. Thomas is averaging 19.4 points and 6.6 assists in seven career games against the Kings, the team for which he played three seasons after being drafted by them in 2011.

http://www.nba.com/games/20180224/LALSAC#/preview
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Re: Game 59: 02/24/18 Lakers at Queens GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:48 pm

No comments tonight? Just got done watching. What a fun game!!! Man, does it feel good having a guy like IT down the stretch of games who you know will MAKE his free throws! KCP, baby! It will be interesting to see what happens with him this summer. I'll say this. We have evolved into a good team with an identity. Yes, our record shows that we're no more than a decent bad team, but we can compete with anyone when we are on right now. Ingram, Randle and Hart are all improving. While Kuzma has hit his rookie wall and Lonzo has been slowed because of injuries, we all know they will be superb NBA players, perhaps even stars. Zubac has looked like he will eventually be a solid center in this league, too. Julius Randle is showing people that he has All-Star potential and MUST be re-signed.

Next up: Win #26 vs. the ATL? That would equal last season's win total .. in February.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby Moos » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:41 am

We won knocking down shots, especially those 3-pointers.
Moos

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:41 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:No comments tonight? Just got done watching. What a fun game!!! Man, does it feel good having a guy like IT down the stretch of games who you know will MAKE his free throws! KCP, baby! It will be interesting to see what happens with him this summer. I'll say this. We have evolved into a good team with an identity. Yes, our record shows that we're no more than a decent bad team, but we can compete with anyone when we are on right now. Ingram, Randle and Hart are all improving. While Kuzma has hit his rookie wall and Lonzo has been slowed because of injuries, we all know they will be superb NBA players, perhaps even stars. Zubac has looked like he will eventually be a solid center in this league, too. Julius Randle is showing people that he has All-Star potential and MUST be re-signed.

Next up: Win #26 vs. the ATL? That would equal last season's win total .. in February.

Yeah I had to work last night so I missed the game unfortunately. I usually have internet where I am at but couldn't connect to it last night. I just watched the highlights and looked at the BoxScore. Pope was on fire last night with 8 3's! Maybe we should try and re-sign him? Why didn't Lonzo play? Anyway win #25, one more win we match last seasons total already.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:34 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:Why didn't Lonzo play?

Precautionary. He isn't 100%, so they aren't going to play him in back-to-back games, but we don't have another back-to-backer until April 2-3, so hopefully everything will be fine by then.
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:05 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:

Precautionary. He isn't 100%, so they aren't going to play him in back-to-back games, but we don't have another back-to-backer until April 2-3, so hopefully everything will be fine by then.

I figured that's what it was. Yeah not having internet last night drove me nuts. I don't have it on my phone and just connect to it on my laptop when I am at work and it wasn't working last night. I have been working a lot lately, off today finally. It will be interesting to see if we try and re-sign Pope. 3 point shooters are a need and he hit 8 last night. He is a Great talent so maybe Magic brings him back for another year or 2? Maybe we bring Pope back and sign Paul George to go with Lonzo/Ingram/Kuzma/Randle? Not sure what we will do with IT? I would keep Zubac and let Lopez go. I think Zubac has the same potential that Sabonis has if used right and Sabonis has been solid in Indy.
3Peatkb24

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:50 am

3Peatkb24 wrote:
KobeMVP888 wrote:

I figured that's what it was. Yeah not having internet last night drove me nuts. I don't have it on my phone and just connect to it on my laptop when I am at work and it wasn't working last night. I have been working a lot lately, off today finally. It will be interesting to see if we try and re-sign Pope. 3 point shooters are a need and he hit 8 last night. He is a Great talent so maybe Magic brings him back for another year or 2? Maybe we bring Pope back and sign Paul George to go with Lonzo/Ingram/Kuzma/Randle? Not sure what we will do with IT? I would keep Zubac and let Lopez go. I think Zubac has the same potential that Sabonis has if used right and Sabonis has been solid in Indy.

To follow this up I seen where Paul George had a Bad game last night, whooptie damn doo doo. It happens to everyone. He is a Top 15 player in the league and we would be fools not to sign him if he wants to come LA.

-My vision is this for next season and it's realistic per Salary Cap measures:
PG Lonzo - Solid floor leader.
SG Ingram - All-Star potential next season, he would be a scoring machine playing the 2! Can hit the 3
SF George - Top 15 player in the league, Great Defensive player as well. Can hit the 3
PF Randle - Tough/physical/Gritty.
C Zubac - Our Sabonis.
6th Man - Kuzma = In year 2 he will be Very Good, can hit the 3.
7th Man - Pope = Quick and needed scoring off the bench, can hit the 3.
8th Man - Hart = Love the guys effort every night.
-All 8 of these players are 27 years old or younger!

-IT is the huge question mark in this? But I would sign George let Lopez walk and roll with 8 players I just listed and that can happen realistically. Zubac could be our Sabonis which will do for now.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:23 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:
SG Ingram - All-Star potential next season, he would be a scoring machine playing the 2! Can hit the 3
SF George - Top 15 player in the league, Great Defensive player as well. Can hit the 3
C Zubac - Our Sabonis.

-IT is the huge question mark in this? But I would sign George let Lopez walk and roll with 8 players I just listed and that can happen realistically. Zubac could be our Sabonis which will do for now.

I think that is doable, but not sure. If the Mavs or someone else offers Randle a huge contract, we'd be forced to match under that scenario, so I don't think that leaves enough money for KCP. Also, you forgot about Thomas Bryant, who they are very high on. I am on board with your thinking, although I would swap out Will Barton or another pure shooter for KCP. Given that we already have Josh Hart, I might even take IT over KCP if that is possible.
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:05 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:
C Zubac - Our Sabonis.

I think that is doable, but not sure. If the Mavs or someone else offers Randle a huge contract, we'd be forced to match under that scenario, so I don't think that leaves enough money for KCP. Also, you forgot about Thomas Bryant, who they are very high on. I am on board with your thinking, although I would swap out Will Barton or another pure shooter for KCP. Given that we already have Josh Hart, I might even take IT over KCP if that is possible.

Yeah IT is the question mark like I posted. Would you rather bring him back or Pope? I think we find a way to keep Randle regardless. We better I love Julius, he is our AC Green/Rambis inside.
3Peatkb24

Postby lakerevolution » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:38 pm

Completely missed this game, sorry fellas! KCP found his groove, huh? Maybe, at some point before this season is over, Luke will have a completely healthy squad and we can see more flashes of future brilliance from this currently-constructed :lol: team.
lakerevolution

Return to LakerTalk