Game 45: 01/19/18 Pacers at Lakers GAME THREAD

Game 45: 01/19/18 Pacers at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:02 am

(24-21)Image at Image(15-29)

Friday, January 19, 2018, 7:30 PM PDT
Staples Center • Los Angeles, CA

Referees: Mike Callahan (#24), Jacyn Goble (#68), Eric Lewis (#42)

Replay Center: Mark Ayotte, Mark Lindsay, Sean Wright

Line: OFF

GAME PREVIEW: PACERS AT LAKERS

by NBA.com

The Los Angeles Lakers are 0-8 without Lonzo Ball in the lineup, and they won't have their rookie point guard Friday night against the visiting Indiana Pacers at Staples Center.

Ball will miss his third straight game with a sprained left knee. The injury occurred during overtime of a 107-101 win at the Dallas Mavericks on Saturday, which marked a season-long fourth straight victory for Los Angeles.

Ball averages 10.2 points, one of seven Lakers in double figures. More importantly, he leads in assists (7.1) and rebounds (5.3).

"I think it's much harder to win without Lonzo, but it's not impossible," Lakers coach Luke Walton told the Orange County Register. "There are games that we could have won (that) he hadn't played in. We just didn't finish them out."

Los Angeles (15-29) will also be without its other starting guard, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, who strained his right Achilles in a 114-90 loss at the Oklahoma City Thunder on Wednesday night.

The two leading scorers for the Lakers, forwards Brandon Ingram and Kyle Kuzma, are questionable to play against the Pacers.

Kuzma, the team's leading scorer at 16.5 points, injured the pinkie finger on his left hand against the Thunder.

Ingram, the second-leading scorer at 15.9 points, missed a 123-114 loss at the Memphis Grizzlies on Monday with a left ankle sprain. He returned against the Thunder and scored eight points in 27 minutes, but aggravated the injury.

As insurance, the Lakers will reportedly sign forward Nigel Hayes to a 10-day contract. Hayes currently plays for Westchester of the G League.

The Pacers (24-21) had their three-game win streak come to an end in a 100-86 loss at the Portland Trail Blazers on Thursday night.

Pacers coach Nate McMillan told reporters after the game that he didn't think his team played with the same determination it had in the last three games, which resulted in wins against the Cleveland Cavaliers, Phoenix Suns and Utah Jazz.

"You can't give up 14 offensive rebounds, 24 second-chance points," McMillan said. "That's the hustle game that you've got to win."

Pacers point guard Darren Collison matched his career high with five 3-pointers on six attempts and scored 23 points. He's a Southern California native and played at UCLA from 2005-09.

Indiana shooting guard Victor Oladipo entered Thursday just outside the top 10 in the NBA in scoring, averaging 24.3 points a game. He also scored 23 points on 9 for 25 shooting.

The Lakers will likely employ rookie Josh Hart to defend Oladipo, and Hart has been proving to be one of the team's top backcourt defenders.

Another key player for the Lakers is power forward Julius Randle. He had two double-doubles in November, three in December and has four in January.

"He's our physical presence," Walton said. "He's our guy that needs to bully other teams. ... We need him to be not necessarily our tough guy, but our guy (who) when we're getting pushed around, pushes back a little bit."

http://www.nba.com/games/20180119/INDLAL#/preview
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Re: Game 45: 01/19/18 Pacers at Lakers GAME THREAD

Postby Moos » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:09 pm

Smh, Lakers really out there on the road with all these injuries at the same time.
This is really stressful, not really. basketball God isn't on our side right now. I have an idea,
let's just play defense as hard as we can and forget about focusing too much on offense.
I think Indy isn't that good.
Moos

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:56 pm

It sucks I have to get up at 4 in the morning to go into work so I wont even be able to watch the team I love vs the team I like! Pacers lost last night but they were due to lose one. Always tough to win in Portland. For us no Lonzo or Pope and that isn't good. It will take a great effort to win this game but the Pacers are on a backtoback so who knows.
4 best Titles- 1988 Repeat Lakers/2002 3Peat Lakers/2006 Colts/2016 Cubs
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:10 pm

3Peatkb24 wrote:It sucks I have to get up at 4 in the morning to go into work so I wont even be able to watch the team I love vs the team I like! Pacers lost last night but they were due to lose one. Always tough to win in Portland. For us no Lonzo or Pope and that isn't good. It will take a great effort to win this game but the Pacers are on a backtoback so who knows.

It sucks that we won't be able to take advantage of Myles Turner's absence. If Josh Hart can step up and guard Oladipo and Julius can bounce back and if Kuzma can regain his form, who knows. Ingram is a game time decision again. If he plays, a big game from him could go a long way. I just wish Luke wouldn't start Ennis. He should give Clarkson big minutes.
I LOVE BASKETBALL! GO LAKERS! #18 COMIN' UP STRONG!!! TOO EASY, JUST WAAAAY TOO EASY!!!!! NEXT! :rollyellow:
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:31 pm

KobeMVP888 wrote:
3Peatkb24 wrote:It sucks I have to get up at 4 in the morning to go into work so I wont even be able to watch the team I love vs the team I like! Pacers lost last night but they were due to lose one. Always tough to win in Portland. For us no Lonzo or Pope and that isn't good. It will take a great effort to win this game but the Pacers are on a backtoback so who knows.

It sucks that we won't be able to take advantage of Myles Turner's absence. If Josh Hart can step up and guard Oladipo and Julius can bounce back and if Kuzma can regain his form, who knows. Ingram is a game time decision again. If he plays, a big game from him could go a long way. I just wish Luke wouldn't start Ennis. He should give Clarkson big minutes.

Yeah I am going to bed here in a few, don't have a choice. I wish this game would've been last night or tomorrow. Have to get up at 4am :Nuggsmad: Maybe when I wake up I will wake up to a surprise as the Lakers beat the Pacers. Myles is a big loss but the Pacers only seem to play Bad when Dipo is out. Lonzo being out is a killer! I will chime in on the game in the morning once I see the highlights and look at the Box Score. Once I get to work and get settled in, I will be able to Post a little.
3Peatkb24

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:52 pm

Fuck!
KobeMVP888

Postby KobeMVP888 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:52 pm

9-28 from 3pt land. 2-14 from the line. No Lonzo, No BI, No KCP. No Problem.

Jordan Clarkson looked like an All-Star tonight (33, 7, 7)! That probably made Magic and Rob happy on a few different levels.

Lakers win! 99-86.

Solid defense and the Pacers couldn't throw a pea in the ocean. Make or miss league? This was more like miss or miss more.
KobeMVP888

Postby 3Peatkb24 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:41 am

KobeMVP888 wrote:9-28 from 3pt land. 2-14 from the line. No Lonzo, No BI, No KCP. No Problem.

Jordan Clarkson looked like an All-Star tonight (33, 7, 7)! That probably made Magic and Rob happy on a few different levels.

Lakers win! 99-86.

Solid defense and the Pacers couldn't throw a pea in the ocean. Make or miss league? This was more like miss or miss more.

Yeah just waking up. WOW we won 99-86. Looks like Clarkson had a career night! Pacers were 2-25 from 3 :roflmao:. Like you say make or miss league. Pacers are one of the best 3 point shooting teams in the league too. I told you Sabonis was pretty good, I see he had 15 and 14, Dipo had 25 as well but Clarky stole the show with 33. That puts us at 16 wins on the season, we still may reach 30.
3Peatkb24

Return to LakerTalk